Hello from New York area

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayoldguy1

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello, all!
I'm from the New York area, brand-new to collecting figures of any sort. I kinda stumbled upon the hobby via a post on a video-game news site previewing the Hot Toys Raiden figure - my jaw dropped after seeing (to me) the amazing detail that could be realized at this scale. I started to do a little research on the manufacturer, and stumbled upon this whole world of action figure collecting, esp 1:6 scale...

So I recently purchased the Hot Toys War Machine Mark II Diecast figure, figuring (pun intended) that this would be a one and done; that I'm no real collector and I'd be happy with that. But once I held that amazingly detailed piece of art in my hand... I just had to have more... so...

here I am now, down the rabbit hole ;-) ! I've gone and preordered the following and am looking forward for them to arrive (eventually):

Hot Toys Iron Man Mark XLII Diecast
Hot Toys The Dark Knight Armory (Batman only)
Hot Toys Raiden

I noticed that a common piece of advice to beginners is focus - try to have a focus to your collection, however big or small. I'd like to try to start with a 1:6 focus, mainly Hot Toys (I find their detail to be AMAZING) figures, mainly the 'icons', that 'speak' to me. I think with that focus and above 4, the collection's starting to take off and will make sense. Now I just need somewhere to display these toys...

Anyway, thanks for reading/welcoming, great to be here!

:welcome to the Freak Show!

Focusing just on 1:6 is going to get you in trouble :lol Sounds like you're already addicted.
Try and pick your favourite theme, Marvel, DC, Aliens, Robots, etc...
Easier said than done though!

Looking forward to seeing your six Detolfs crammed full in a years time :wink1: :rotfl

:welcome to the Freak Show!

Focusing just on 1:6 is going to get you in trouble :lol Sounds like you're already addicted.
Try and pick your favourite theme, Marvel, DC, Aliens, Robots, etc...
Easier said than done though!

Looking forward to seeing your six Detolfs crammed full in a years time :wink1: :rotfl

LOL, thanks. I just really like the 1:6 space and the incredible detail that can be realized with it, compared to the others. I really don't like the 1:4; they just look to big for me.

Not sure re: those six Detolfs since, yes, 1:6 WILL get me in BIG trouble with the wife if I'm not careful... :)

The die cast War Machine is a fantastic figure to start out your collection. Pace yourself or you really will be in for 6 detolfs. I started with Iron Man Mark VI and my collection exploded soon after. Check out the link in my sig for a look at what should be a cautionary tale for new collectors. :)

The die cast War Machine is a fantastic figure to start out your collection. Pace yourself or you really will be in for 6 detolfs. I started with Iron Man Mark VI and my collection exploded soon after. Check out the link in my sig for a look at what should be a cautionary tale for new collectors. :)

Just clicked the link - amazing collection. I love those prints.
I better tread carefully then... :rotfl

Back