Hello from Indiana!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoggieDoc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Collecting for a little while but new to the boards!

Hey there, just thought I would introduce myself as I just joined the boards. My name is Andy and I started collecting statues (Kotobukiya, DC Direct) a couple years back once I moved into my first house and ended up with a PERFECT space for them. I discovered Sideshow via their annual pumpkin carving contest several years ago and I entered every year for 4 straight years. I finally won the contest last year :yess: and ended up winning a Mark 1 2.0. Since that time I haven't been able to look away... and I have since bought a Mark V, the DX12, and Mark II Armor Unleashed Version.

I currently have the Mark VII on preorder as well as The Joker 2.0. I also have the Hot Toys Batman and Joker 1:4 scale busts.

And if you can't tell by my username, I'm a veterinarian:ted. I figured I would include a few pictures of my collection as it is set up today. Glad to have found the boards!

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

Well, lets try this again... I originally posted an intro thread a week and a half ago but it seems to have been lost to the internets, so I'm trying again:dunno.

As you can see from my username I am a vet and a live in Indiana. I started collecting statues when I moved into my first house a couple years ago as a result of finally having he perfect space to fill with such neat things. I started with DC Collectibles and Kotobukiya statues.

I discovered Sideshow a few years prior to moving into this house via their pumpkin carving contest they have every year as part of Spooktacular. I entered my carvings every year for 4 years in a row and I finally won the contest last Halloween. As my prize I won the Hot Toys Mark 1 2.0... And thus my foray into Hot Toys began! Since then I have gotten the Mark V, Mark II Armor Unleashed version, and the DX12. Avengers Cap will be delivered this Friday, and I have the Joker 2.0, Mark VII EX, and the Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust on preorder. As everyone else says, this gets addicting! Glad to be on the boards:clap.

Edit: Forgot to add my eBay ID! Doggiedoctor83

Last edited:
No, do you have a photo you can post?

Why yes, it seems I do... I called the compilation "Avengers Assemble!", of course! The first picture is the compilation, but it's a little hard to see all the Avengers. Picture 2 is a close up of Iron Man, which is my favorite by far. I have other close ups of the other Avengers if anyone is interested:).
IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

No, do you have a photo you can post?

So I tried to post a couple pics but it said it needs to be approved by a moderator... cuz of the pics, I guess? Anyway, if it gets approved, enjoy:). As a little hold over, my Username icon to the left is my Dark Knight pumpkin that I did two years ago.

So I tried to post a couple pics but it said it needs to be approved by a moderator... cuz of the pics, I guess? Anyway, if it gets approved, enjoy:). As a little hold over, my Username icon to the left is my Dark Knight pumpkin that I did two years ago.
Pic approved ;) Very cool btw :clap
I also approved your first thread and merged it with this one so peeps can see your set up too which looks really nive :rock

Welcome :wave
x :peace

Last edited:
Thanks! So the original wasn't lost to The Internets afterall:yess:.
You're welcome and no, it was just waiting approval because it had a picture in it. It's just a spammer precaution we have here when new members post pics, so it's no offence to you but it had to be looked at and approved before anyone but the mods could see it :duff

You're welcome and no, it was just waiting approval because it had a picture in it. It's just a spammer precaution we have here when new members post pics, so it's no offence to you but it had to be looked at and approved before anyone but the mods could see it :duff

No problem... I figured the pictures were the hold up. Thanks again, glad to be on the boards! My Avengers Captain America gets delivered today:clap, so I'll have to update the collection pretty soon!

I'm in fishers now, but I grew up in Portland. About 40min south of Fort Wayne.

Welcome to the board Doc. Love the pumpkin pics. Is this a contest that SS runs? I feel stupid for not being aware of it. My wife is an artist, and really takes pride in her pumpkins. She may enjoy the challenge. :clap

I'm in fishers now, but I grew up in Portland. About 40min south of Fort Wayne.

Fishers is a great place... very nice, lots to do, close to Indy. I thought strongly about moving to Fishers after I got out of vet school, but found a great place to work here in Elkhart instead.

Back