Hellboy II Samaritan 1:1 prop replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.. mine was delivered at work .. Im off this week ... do I just wait til next week? or is it late night ninja time? ... :monkey1

yeah I deep down knew it ... it'll be Friday night ninja night ..... nobody stays late on Fridays anyway ... :monkey1

.. mine was delivered at work .. Im off this week ... do I just wait til next week? or is it late night ninja time? ... :monkey1

can't you just go into work and pick it up? It's not like they can shackle you to the desk if you go into the office.

Unless you're on vacation with the family or out of state or something... then disregard my above post. :D:duh

Wow. Think you are the first to post pics of it being held.

The size is huge!

#24 arrived today :rock

sam4.jpg

sam5.jpg

Was wondering if there was any customs problems for international deliveries? No?

can't you just go into work and pick it up? It's not like they can shackle you to the desk if you go into the office.

Unless you're on vacation with the family or out of state or something... then disregard my above post. :D:duh

you dont know my work.
Im in charge of the creative dept and will probably get hammered with questions & "quick favors" if I show my face...

Being a fan of the two films and an even bigger fan of Mignola's Hellboy and BPRD books I think it be sweet to own but I couldn't pull the trigger. It's a $400 fake gun. Please keep posting more in hand pics. Thing is efin big, does the piece itself carry weight? meaning the Samaritan alone.

Alas, the rubber on the display holders completely fell apart one day after being out of the box. I either need to contact Sideshow about this or find some alternative covering...

Anyone else having this problem?

- J

On one of my display holders the rubber has cracked. The rubber coating on both of the pegs also has a red line of color on the part where the gun rests.

Also one of my tracer bullets (these things are disappointingly cheap) will turn itself on if the base is pressed tightly into the bullet. I came home to find it turned itself on magically one day.

I haven't contacted sideshow yet but I think I will as I am worried that over time it will just get worse.

On another note I find it difficult to get the gun to stay on the holder pegs without tipping forward a bit or sliding forward a small amount. The only way I get a "stable" (to me anyway being in earthquake country) mount is to put the rubber holder where the handle and gun meet.

The piece is impressive. The Gun itself is a beauty. The display base looks nice although I really wasn't expecting the bottom rock section to be plastic. I just assumed it would be polystone. The handle looks good enough but really should have been left wood. The painted logo on the handle would have been much nicer if it was a metal insert. The tracer bullets... well those are just not up to standards.

Having some buyers remorse with the price of the item and some of the issues it has. Hopefully sideshow will resolve them.

Number 92 is in the house. Unless you've seen the one of these in person I don't think you can really be prepared for how large it is. Unfortunately, when it's on it's stand it's a bit too wide for the shelf where I intended it to rest, so for now it's where my Iron Man bust will eventually go. As for the pistol itself, it's very nice, although the weathering is disappointing close up. The cylinder rotates far too easily and does not lock in place. I don't know what sort of metal is used, but it's non-ferrous, so stripping and using actual bluing is out. Still, even with the quirks, a big smile comes to my face whenever I see it. Damn nice.

HPIM0054.jpg

On one of my display holders the rubber has cracked. The rubber coating on both of the pegs also has a red line of color on the part where the gun rests.

Also one of my tracer bullets (these things are disappointingly cheap) will turn itself on if the base is pressed tightly into the bullet. I came home to find it turned itself on magically one day.

I haven't contacted sideshow yet but I think I will as I am worried that over time it will just get worse.

On another note I find it difficult to get the gun to stay on the holder pegs without tipping forward a bit or sliding forward a small amount. The only way I get a "stable" (to me anyway being in earthquake country) mount is to put the rubber holder where the handle and gun meet.

The piece is impressive. The Gun itself is a beauty. The display base looks nice although I really wasn't expecting the bottom rock section to be plastic. I just assumed it would be polystone. The handle looks good enough but really should have been left wood. The painted logo on the handle would have been much nicer if it was a metal insert. The tracer bullets... well those are just not up to standards.

Having some buyers remorse with the price of the item and some of the issues it has. Hopefully sideshow will resolve them.

I was sad when I cancelled it, but you're making me feel a little bit better.

If I didn't have Christmas shopping to do, I would consider grabbing one while it's up for second chance. I would have liked to hold it while I watched HBII on Blu-ray next week, lol.

you dont know my work.
Im in charge of the creative dept and will probably get hammered with questions & "quick favors" if I show my face...

LOL. this is exactly one of the reasons why i try to work from home as much as possible! :lol

Ah, someone else who had an SS hat made for their Kroenen mask! Where did you get yours, Chev? Yours appears to fit a LOT better than mine... it was custom-made (can't find the name of the guy who did it) and I sent him all kinds of measurements... but it turned out just a bit too small so it doesn't really sit deep enough.

Regarding my damaged rubber (no jokes, please) I had to send everything back and am expecting the replacement sometime next week. Sorry to hear I am not alone with this problem but on the bright side, we appear to be in the minority.

- J

Last edited:
Ah, someone else who had an SS hat made for their Kroenen mask! Where did you get yours, Chev? Yours appears to fit a LOT better than mine... it was custom-made (can't find the name of the guy who did it) and I sent him all kinds of measurements... but it turned out just a bit too small so it doesn't really sit deep enough.

I got mine from worldwar2-militaria on ebay (https://myworld.ebay.com/worldwar2-militaria/) They make everything custom in Singapore and my hat took about 2 1/2 months, but for a total of $90 it can't be beaten. The correct size to order is 64.

HPIM00491-1.jpg

Back