Hellboy II Samaritan 1:1 prop replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy to have a Sammy, especially since I missed the first one and wanted one... but not at the prices they were selling for!

Alas, the rubber on the display holders completely fell apart one day after being out of the box. I either need to contact Sideshow about this or find some alternative covering...

Anyone else having this problem?

- J

Do you mean the rods that hold the Sammy? I didn't notice anything on mine, but I'll check when I get home.

Yep, them's the ones. I called Sideshow and they said they would have their research people get back to me. Worst comes to worst, I guess I could get some moleskin, dye it black, and affix it to the black metal.

- J

They were fine last night, but I will check today when I get home. Why are the research people contacting you? Won't they just replace them, seems like those would be the cheapest part to replace :lol

There's always problems... the question really is how widespread is it? Hopefully its an isolated incident.

If you want to stay complaint free then I would not check on this board :lol But, seriously I wouldn't be to worried about it at this point.

I wasn't so much complaining as throwing out a line to see if anyone else has discovered this same issue yet and if so, to see if they'd already contacted Sideshow.

But yeah, everything gets picked at by someone... it's the nature of the internet. And since nothing is perfect, there's always something to complain about.

- J

Hope you didn't take my comment as a slight against you... I've asked similar questions when I've gotten a weird product :duff I was joking more about the general complainy nature of collectors.

Holy ^^^^ing ^^^^ this thing is awesome.

Love the base, love the BPRD plaque, love the gun, love the exclusive bullets.

I guess you could say I love this thing :D

No worries, I wasn't taking it personally. Just explaining myself... and then you explained yourselves... and now I'm explaining myself again.

Maybe I should've just complained. ;)

Anyway - hopefully this is an isolated affair 'cause Sideshow's only option here is for me to return the whole kit & kaboodle (especially the kaboodle) and get a replacement. Argh! They asked for my edition number (487.) I wonder if this means they will slap that same number onto the replacement.

- J

Got mine today also its awesome.:D
100_0474.jpg

Back