Premium Format Hellboy (Comic Book Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my ex signed by mignola himself today!!!
I wanted him to sign the top of the base but he said it was too bumpy. He signed the back of the tombstone though. It was surreal meeting him. He actually had never seen the statue yet in person. Do I was the first to show him :)
An excellent choice sir

Heres a few pics. Me and mr. Mignola and a couple pics of the statue. I really wanted him to sign the front if the statue but I got so nervous around him I let him sign wherever lol. He was really nice though. He's one of my idols, so I completely froze up lol.
I also got some prints and an original sketch. It was an awesome convention.
I actually put my extra PF in sale in the Facebook trading page. I'll post it in the selling forums here too if anyone's interested. Consider it a finders fee for me having to carry around the base around the convention. :)

Here's an updated pic of my display (now with Abe Maquette). Love this PF.

oy5FiE.jpg

Here's an updated pic of my display (now with Abe Maquette). Love this PF.

oy5FiE.jpg

Well **** on me!
Awesome setup.

Funny thing, I asked Mignola if he liked the movies, and he hated them lol. Not at all what he wanted.
I'm only bringing this up because of all the movie stuff you got. :)

Well **** on me!
Awesome setup.

Funny thing, I asked Mignola if he liked the movies, and he hated them lol. Not at all what he wanted.

So I guess he's changed his mind on them. I could have sworn he played a roll in the direction of the movies. He was on set and dealing directly with Del Toro.

Heres a few pics. Me and mr. Mignola and a couple pics of the statue. I really wanted him to sign the front if the statue but I got so nervous around him I let him sign wherever lol. He was really nice though. He's one of my idols, so I completely froze up lol.
I also got some prints and an original sketch. It was an awesome convention.
I actually put my extra PF in sale in the Facebook trading page. I'll post it in the selling forums here too if anyone's interested. Consider it a finders fee for me having to carry around the base around the convention. :)

Congrats on the signature. He's my idol too.

He was on the nerdist podcast not long ago and said the movies were a different animal but he respected them. HB is awesome in movies or comics imo.

So I guess he's changed his mind on them. I could have sworn he played a roll in the direction of the movies. He was on set and dealing directly with Del Toro.

He did say he worked with him, but he ultimately had little to do with anything in the film. I listened to his panel and asked him at his booth. He said that he ultimately wanted more dark like a ghost story and it turned out to be aliens and robots. He said he has no control over any of it. It was all Del Toro and the Movie company. His design asthetic didn't fit movies well, because he likes simple. For on screen, they want a lot of details and moving parts, which is exactly what Del Toro does. Apparently The only designs that made it into the movie were Hellboy's coat and Rasputin's hand.
The second movie, I guess he did barely anything. All his designs were shot down and redone by another artist by adding in more details etc. I was actually surprised by how bothered Mignola seemed by it. He called the artist Del Toro's newest "pet" artist lol. The second movie I guess wasn't his cup of tea at all.

It was an awesome talk. Mignola was a really humble guy. I envisioned him to be this cocky guy because I think he's so bad ass lol. But he was super cool modest. I was able to buy a bunch of prints and a signed sketch!

Well **** on me!
Awesome setup.

I'm a fan of the design work from the films. The story in both movies was lacking to me. I can't stand how "The Greatest Paranormal Detective" was dumbed down to be a meathead with a clobbering hand.

Nice bro. I'm so peanut butter and Jelly of your collection.

Thanks!

:duff

Have you posted pics of your collection?

I'm a fan of the design work from the films. The story in both movies was lacking to me. I can't stand how "The Greatest Paranormal Detective" was dumbed down to be a meathead with a clobbering hand.

Thanks!

:duff

Have you posted pics of your collection?

He did say he worked with him, but he ultimately had little to do with anything in the film. I listened to his panel and asked him at his booth. He said that he ultimately wanted more dark like a ghost story and it turned out to be aliens and robots. He said he has no control over any of it. It was all Del Toro and the Movie company. His design asthetic didn't fit movies well, because he likes simple. For on screen, they want a lot of details and moving parts, which is exactly what Del Toro does. Apparently The only designs that made it into the movie were Hellboy's coat and Rasputin's hand.
The second movie, I guess he did barely anything. All his designs were shot down and redone by another artist by adding in more details etc. I was actually surprised by how bothered Mignola seemed by it. He called the artist Del Toro's newest "pet" artist lol. The second movie I guess wasn't his cup of tea at all.

It was an awesome talk. Mignola was a really humble guy. I envisioned him to be this cocky guy because I think he's so bad ass lol. But he was super cool modest. I was able to buy a bunch of prints and a signed sketch!

I enjoyed both movies very much. But I never read the comics until after the second movie came out. I do enjoy the comics much better and would love to see another one done to fit the comic better. But lets be honest, I don't see hollywood allowing it.

emuta7yn.jpg

I got mine today and zero issues......except I can not get his right foot to sit flush!!! This is my 13th PF and I have never had this issue.

I don't want to force it too much. Anyone have a similar situation with this one or have any suggestions?

emuta7yn.jpg

I got mine today and zero issues......except I can not get his right foot to sit flush!!! This is my 13th PF and I have never had this issue.

I don't want to force it too much. Anyone have a similar situation with this one or have any suggestions?
Take the snake out and try again

Put the snake in after you've gotten him to sit flush

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Back