Heavy Rain

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Downloading the Demo right now
Is it any good?

Well, in a moment you can decide for yourself.

Like some of the reviews have mentioned, I thought some of the voice work and delivery was a bit wonky. I had no idea a person could sound French while doing a faux-Jersey accent.

I actually love the voice work; gives it that surreal, faux reality kinda vibe. Realistic without being realistic, if that makes sense

Sorry, Matt, I dunno what you mean there. Heavy Rain isn't supposed to be surreal, it's intended to mimic real life, and I can't get completely absorbed by it if some of the supposedly middle-America type characters sound like they lived most of their lives abroad. However, It's not a big deal and I'm still looking forward to the game regardless.

Odd thing is, Indigo Prophecy had it nailed down when it came to the voice work.

Just finished the demo and the controls made me feel like I was doing everything myself, and good lord the fight had me flinching with every hit ... insane, this game has me in it's hands and it ain't lettin' go. the trailer that's attached to the demo is devastating, can't wait!

The Voice Work is fantastic, not everyone in America has our accent, so it fits perfectly to me.

Sorry, Matt, I dunno what you mean there. Heavy Rain isn't supposed to be surreal, it's intended to mimic real life, and I can't get completely absorbed by it if some of the supposedly middle-America type characters sound like they lived most of their lives abroad. However, It's not a big deal and I'm still looking forward to the game regardless.

Odd thing is, Indigo Prophecy had it nailed down when it came to the voice work.

It sure did. Pretty sure they used North American actors in that one...and dont mind my above post. Sleep deprived at that time!!

played the demo over and over ! WOW !

I will be getting this game first day is out.

The demo is just so amazing. I wanted to keep going on the story so bad.
The trailer at the end just pumped me even more.

IGN REVIEW 9/10

<object id='ignplayer' width='480' height='270' data='https://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'><param name='movie' value='https://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' /><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always' /><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /><param name='flashvars' value='vgroup=heavyrain_vdr_020910&object=811232'/></object><div style='width:480;'><a href='https://ps3.ign.com/objects/811/811232.html'>Heavy Rain at IGN.com</a></div>

Ok i just got done playing and i have to admit i like it! Depending on the actions you take makes the game play out differently, like in the whores room the first time the questions i picked had us having a really big conversation the second time it was over in no time.

Also first time i got my ass kicked in the fight and the second time i won and again a different outcome so some replay value and i liked the FBI part very cool.

The graphs are to die for in HD and the controls work well once you get used to them so for me it's a winner and i'll be buying it.

I just finished playing it

Did it crap out at the end for anyone, after I left the rail yard the screen went black made a hissing noise and the PS3 locked up. Had to reset it and luckily it worked. Made me jump when it happened.

Is there anything after the rail yard worth re-booting the demo for ?

Played it last night, it was alright. Once you get used to the controls, I imagine it becomes more fun to play.

Although halfway through the second 'mission', the game made my speakers crap out for some reason........I dunno :dunno
Also, I messed around with the bum near the car.......after about 10 seconds my PS3 froze. So I suggest not playing with the bum (wtf?).

Am I the only person that just doesn't get what the big deal is with this game??? I played the demo and I was alright at best. Hopefully the story is awesome, which it seems like it will be.

Am I the only person that just doesn't get what the big deal is with this game??? I played the demo and I was alright at best. Hopefully the story is awesome, which it seems like it will be.

This is one of those 'you dig it or dont' kinda games....the concept of it has me more pumped than the demo did. Liked what I say, just not expecting more out of this than anything

I'll probably give it a rent just to get the story and see what its about, but not sure the $60 is worth it. I tried to be sneaky and preorder it at Gamestop for the prequel download, but they are only giving those codes out when you pickup the game.

I'll probably give it a rent just to get the story and see what its about, but not sure the $60 is worth it. I tried to be sneaky and preorder it at Gamestop for the prequel download, but they are only giving those codes out when you pickup the game.

If they give you a separate card, perhaps you can buy it, get the card, and return the game?
:monkey3:monkey3

Anybody know how long this game is? I haven't looked up any info from reviews because I don't want the story to be spoiled.

Back