Heavy Rain

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i remember putting this game down after he lost jason.

for a game that relies on the acting... it was pretty bad. and the whole jason situation actually had me seething with rage and head scratching.

tumblr_lp6fi93lr01qct5by.gif

i remember putting this game down after he lost jason.

for a game that relies on the acting... it was pretty bad. and the whole jason situation actually had me seething with rage and head scratching.
To be fair that whole Jason thing is probably one of the most ridiculed moments of gaming at this point :lol Press X to Jason better be a trophy name

The game's acting is strange at times. I think Nahmen Jaydan is amusing for the wrong reasons. I wonder if they'll ever release those other DLC episodes though....would be a great incentive to buy it on PS4

I really enjoyed the taxidermist DLC. I wanted more DLC! I don't see them releasing the rest, but would be nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed the taxidermist DLC. I wanted more DLC! I don't see them releasing the rest, but would be nice!

It is weird how they advertised some of it but never even bothered :lol

Then again with Beyond bombing and potentially the J-Law game, that probably killed any chances of the rest of the DLC....

Well, the DLC got cancelled because they were working on the PS move version of the game.

And they need to stop being so pretentious. :lol having the J-Law in your game won't help.

Btw... I wonder what happened the the HR movie? :lol

Well, the DLC got cancelled because they were working on the PS move version of the game.

And they need to stop being so pretentious. :lol having the J-Law in your game won't help.

Wow that's lame :lol Who really uses PlayStation Move anyway?

Actually it might help because some people really love J-Law still, and they won't care about the quality :lol I don't care much for her anymore but it still stands. They are pretentious too

Wait there was a Heavy Rain movie?

"New Line Cinema and Quantic Dream Pictures obtained rights for a film adaptation a few days after the technology demo from E3 2006 was shown.The rights were later purchased in an auction by Unique Features, a production company formed by two former New Line executives, Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne. Shaye and Lynne purchased the rights to the film with their own funds despite having "first look" rights in place with Warner Bros., who had bought New Line prior to their departure.David Milch, writer for NYPD Blue and Deadwood was slated to adapt the game for the big screen; Shaye stating Milch's "incredible ability to transform intense and complex storylines into gripping, popular drama makes him the perfect partner" for the film adaption.The film had been fast-tracked by Warner Bros. but to date, no film adaptation has been made."

I liked it too and wished they did more...

Btw... I wonder what happened the the HR movie? :lol

They waited too long to capitalize on it, now no one cares nor really remembers the game. Aside from some bad acting, the game was compelling to me, and plus they in a subtle way based it in Philly where I'm from. We do tend to get a **** load of rain. :lol

And let's be real, Jennifer Lawrence will totally have a fit over it for no reason (actually being more justifiable then Ellen Page's fit).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valorie_Curry is the voice actor and probably motion capture behind the new character, and while I see the resemblance, it's FAR more J-Law.

I wonder if there's gonna be a sale for Heavy Rain since I long sold my PS3 copy. I liked the game purely for the atmosphere, buildup and music but the writing and acting sucks and has that damning, trademark Quantic Dream Last-Minute-Dumb-Twist. It was the exact same thing that ruined their previous game, Indigo Prophecy.

I was so absorbed with Indigo Prophecy until that when that twist hit, it was the biggest letdown ever. Same case with Heavy Rain, brilliant setup tone and by the time I was duped by yet another dumb plot twist, I was foaming and swore I would never buy a QD game again. Stupid dumbass writers. :mad:

It's kind of the same but as a B-list teen horror movie homage, with everything you'd expect though the story is actually kind of good. That and the mo-cap/likeness for the characters is absolutely jaw dropping...which makes the death scenes that much more horrifying. I want to try it sometime, but as I'm familiar with some of the actors (Hayden Pantierre especially) I don't think I could handle them dying :lol

Back