Premium Format Heavy Metal: Taarna Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on those few photos, I'm underwhelmed. Be interesting to see more angles--and the price.

Gotta say I'm pretty impressed they even did this one and I'm glad to see it. Love the Taarna storyline from the Heavy Metal movie. I'd prefer more orange to the skin tone, but I really like the look of this overall. Will wait for product photos.

Yes she needs more accurate skin tone and her lips should be red not lilac.

I agree with the statement earlier about the skin tone and looking like Lady Death. She never looked pale. That's part of what made her white hair memorable. SS has made her chalk white from head to toe. Most important is they turned her from an ideal but normally proportioned woman to elongated & skinny. They also changed enough on her costume that it just doesn't look like the character at first glance.

I think the body is accurate to the movie and I'm ok with the detail on the costume but the skin color should be more flesh color and her lips should be red.

10b11ebe4a55bb5274da682fb5fe589f.jpg

65b71aa80c77fac3189362336711fae3.jpg

0cf213749f85482961dfa3f6475b1f44.jpg

2196fc1ad9f27f402050ec6fb53fc4af.jpg

26e26efebb5d75dc62dcc7f3d265420a.jpg

Looks like they missed a great opportunity to include the Taarakian dagger mark on the side of her neck. I guess they didn't get that far in to the movie before they made the statue.

e6118161a872054233047b61decb694d_zpsnfshcfvj.jpg

Screenshot%20195_zpskiruk7nr.jpg

Looks like they missed a great opportunity to include the Taarakian dagger mark on the side of her neck. I guess they didn't get that far in to the movie before they made the statue.

e6118161a872054233047b61decb694d_zpsnfshcfvj.jpg

Screenshot%20195_zpskiruk7nr.jpg

Good catch! Statue needs it, red lips, maybe more flesh tone. Not sure if photos flash makes skin tone pale.

Face looks better in that pic. I can't believe they missed the dagger mark. The hair is such a step down from the recent Sonja statues.

At first I was puzzled why this was so different to her look in the film, but then I realised, whilst they have taken some licence with a reimagined facial appearance, a lot of it is based on the poster... see below

Vast improvement

Thanks very much. In looking at it and seeing the links to the movie poster, I've actually warmed to the sculpt, just not so much the paint choices. But it's a real niche within a niche to not go for the actual movie appearance, but a whole new hybrid based on the poster armour.

But I guess we see this with other characters like Red Sonja where it's not a movie appearance. But with Taarna, there's no actor fee that needs paying for a likeness...

Anyway, hope this goes well for SS and Heavy Metal :)

The boot design looks different :dunno

Absolutely, this is what threw me initially. But if you look at the poster they're actually pretty accurate to that. But as I say, that took me a while to realise she was wearing the poster costume. So in my version above I recoloured some details on it to be more like the poster and then generally with the rest of it went for the movie look... call me unimaginative, but it was the movie that introduced her, not like Red Sonja where she was a comic first - though Taarna is inspired by Arzach in Métal Hurlant/Heavy Metal :)

Back