Heath Ledger Found Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling it a suicide is jumping to conclusions as well, because that implies and assumes premeditation and that he took this concoction of prescribed meds in order to purposely kill himself.

True, no one will ever know what he was thinking at the time and what his intentions were (or weren't). But using Occam's Razor to call it an "accidental overdose" is actually the more rational conclusion.

exactly my point, but IN MY OPINION, anyone who takes 6 different meds or whatever the "official" number is, CLEARLY has some major issues. If he didnt die from that, I'd say he was a freak of nature. wouldnt you agree?

How is an "accidental overdose" more rational than suicide? they both start and end at the same place....which is, WE WILL NEVER KNOW FOR SURE. Is it rational because it's the "credible" thing to say?

exactly my point, but IN MY OPINION, anyone who takes 6 different meds or whatever the "official" number is, CLEARLY has some major issues. If he didnt die from that, I'd say he was a freak of nature. wouldnt you agree?
Oh, I'm not going to doubt that he clearly had some issues (both physical and emotional) and was relying on medication to help deal with those. And he paid the highest price of all, which is tragic.

How is an "accidental overdose" more rational than suicide? they both start and end at the same place....which is, WE WILL NEVER KNOW FOR SURE. Is it rational because it's the "credible" thing to say?
It's more rational because it makes fewer assumptions. To believe he killed himself on purpose (which is what suicide is by definition) is making another level of presumptions altogether based on the known facts. Again, when in doubt... Occam's Razor.

I had a relative that was precribed to take certain medications by a well meaning doctor who, when they went to the pharmacy the combination was found to be deadly. Had my relative taken those meds (on trust that her Doc. knew what hell he was about) they would have died. Not because they had a death wish. Just naive and trusting. Thankfully that pharmacist knew their stuff.

and because "we will never know for sure" it is stupid to get on a soap box and use Heath's death as some morality lesson.

:lol Just noticed a bunch of posts have been deleted. I bet the mods are getting a workout with this thread.

And I agree with Irish. Since no one knows for sure then why assume the worst. Unless your tabloid trash of course.

and because "we will never know for sure" it is stupid to get on a soap box and use Heath's death as some morality lesson.

No morality lesson here. Im just stating what I think. If you want to pop 6 pills at once by all means knock yourself out man.

No morality lesson here. Im just stating what I think. If you want to pop 6 pills at once by all means knock yourself out man.

:dunno Not sure what point you are trying to make but what-evah.

Is your point that whoever is on 6 or more prescribed medications has a death wish?

Oh, I'm not going to doubt that he clearly had some issues (both physical and emotional) and was relying on medication to help deal with those. And he paid the highest price of all, which is tragic.

It's more rational because it makes fewer assumptions. To believe he killed himself on purpose (which is what suicide is by definition) is making another level of presumptions altogether based on the known facts. Again, when in doubt... Occam's Razor.

dude we've all been there at one point or other in our lives. some of us choose a different poison, whether it be alcohol, weed, coke, ice, painkillers, etc. We all know what it feels like to want to "escape" and get trashed in our own way. MAYBE that is what Heath wanted, and popped some pills.

So my question is, "IF" he did it knowingly that he wanted to "escape" from his problems at that moment, and ended up costing his life....is that really accidental? Speaking as if he did it knowingly under full consciousness and premeditated.

:dunno Not sure what point you are trying to make but what-evah.

Is your point that whoever is on 6 or more prescribed medications has a death wish?

honestly pixle, given the 6 or so that was named to be found in his system, my truthful answer to that is YES. if they were **** like tylenol, aspirin, vitaminE, etc, then i would not think so.

how about you?

Spears is on her way so say the associated press. Maybe writing the obituary early wasn't a bad idea. :D

Seriously, this is still horrible. Bottom line is someone died way to young. It is sad when anyone dies for that matter.

Pixletwin , you have the right to define your own reality any way you want to. However, the rest of the world has their own definitions which apply to the world outside of your own limited environment. I quote from todays news reports

Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of painkillers, sleeping pills, anti-anxiety medication and other prescription drugs, the New York City medical examiner's office said on Wednesday.

So for you to say you do not like the term overdose merely reflects your own biases and in no way denies or impacts the reality of what actually happened. The word is overdose. Live with it - deny it - I could not care less. It changes nothing.

My whole point in posting here was to ask what happens next with the rest of us. I did not know Heath Ledger so any expression of sadness from me would have just been crocodile tears. I do know lots of people and would hate to see them make this same mistake with drugs - prescription or otherwise. I would hope there is a lesson in this for others to learn something from.

However, posts here have informed me that they are not interested in learning anything.

Where does it say he took all six pills at the same time? He had six of the drugs in his system? I took a tylenol on Monday and if I died today it would still be in my system.

He miss judged the drug reactions, it was in all probablity not premeditated, it was an accidently OD. It was apparent that he loved his little girl, everyone including the tabloid press agreed with that. It really doesn't seem like a druggie suicide but a tragic accident.

But give the masses bread and gladiators and they will argue about the gladiator's drug use.

Where does it say he took all six pills at the same time? He had six of the drugs in his system? I took a tylenol on Monday and if I died today it would still be in my system.

then why do they use the term "overdose" is my question to you.

I think all Pix is trying to say is that these were all prescriptions written by physicians. If you have a major surgery and the doctor tells you to take 8 different pills are you going to listen too him? I think that is all Pix is saying. I think Heath was prescibed all this stuff. I really don't think he tried to kill himself. That is just my opinion. I just think he was prescribed all this crap and took it based on what his doctors were telling him. I have know people who have been prescribed all types of crap and take it daily. I am not a doctor so I don't know what all went wrong.

Pixletwin , you have the right to define your own reality any way you want to. However, the rest of the world has their own definitions which apply to the world outside of your own limited environment. I quote from todays news reports

So for you to say you do not like the term overdose merely reflects your own biases and in no way denies or impacts the reality of what actually happened. The word is overdose. Live with it - deny it - I could not care less. It changes nothing.

My whole point in posting here was to ask what happens next with the rest of us. I did not know Heath Ledger so any expression of sadness from me would have just been crocodile tears. I do know lots of people and would hate to see them make this same mistake with drugs - prescription or otherwise. I would hope there is a lesson in this for others to learn something from.

However, posts here have informed me that they are not interested in learning anything.

You missed one very important word, accidental. The word is accidental. Live with it - deny it - I could not care less. It changes nothing.

Talk about a narrow pov.

I think all Pix is trying to say is that these were all prescriptions written by physicians. If you have a major surgery and the doctor tells you to take 8 different pills are you going to listen too him? I think that is all Pix is saying. I think Heath was prescibed all this stuff. I really don't think he tried to kill himself. That is just my opinion. I just think he was prescribed all this crap and took it based on what his doctors were telling him. I have know people who have been prescribed all types of crap and take it daily. I am not a doctor so I don't know what all went wrong.

I understand your stance. Im also not presuming to know what happened. my posting was merely to ask a question to people like pixle who seem to think they have everything figured out and they hold the key to the mystery of heath's death. all i said was how can you be so certain it was accidental. even if it is the logical thing to assume, it's still assuming.

I understand your stance. Im also not presuming to know what happened. my posting was merely to ask a question to people like pixle who seem to think they have everything figured out and they hold the key to the mystery of heath's death. all i said was how can you be so certain it was accidental. even if it is the logical thing to assume, it's still assuming.

The whole point of what we are saying is its stupid to assume. Do you have any kind of grasp on the bent of this conversation at all? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back