Heath Ledger Found Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was much more affected by Cobain's death, but I would definitely put this at #3 for how much I actually felt affected (I would put Gene Kelly at #2. I loved that guy).

(is it tasteless to rate things like that?) :eek:

Oh and George Harrison. I was surprised at the shock when he died... So I guess Heath Ledger is #4.

I think the deaths of John Lennon, Freddie Mercury and Joe Strummer were the ones that really shocked me. They were so sudden.

George Harrison's death wasn't much of a shock to me. It was pretty well known that he was not well.

When Cobain died my friends and I went out drinking to celebrate him and his music. A bar we frequented at the time played Nirvana all night. And again, it wasn't really that much of a shock to any of us.

UN.FREAKING.BELIEVABLE.....

More here:
Tom Cruise duped by Ledger Impostor

Some people are really pieces of ****.

That reminds me of that film Six Degrees of Separation which was based on a true story about a guy conning people into believing he's Sidney Poitier's son. (Which starred Will Smith who converted to Scientology thanks to Tom Cruise -- talk about six degrees of separation.)

It's great to hear that anecdote from Nolan. Very cool, and Ledger sounds like someone who was really great to work with - a true workaholic, but passionate in a way that inspired everyone else to do the best they could right along with him.

Out of all the young celebrities in the world, it's definitely sad that Heath was the one who had to go... I've loved him since A Knight's Tale (which I, unabashadly, have a great fondness for - Wash is in it, and so is Paul Bettany, who I love... and of course a very cute Heath Ledger). And I LOVED loved loved him in Brokeback Mountain - a simple, quiet, beautiful love story. I'll miss seeing him on the big screen for sure.

On another note, I was watching The Lookout the other night, and was struck by how much Joseph Gordon-Levitt reminds me of Ledger. Very similar bone structure and facial expressions. And he's a brilliant actor - loved him in Brick. The Lookout is not that great, but it was interesting and worth watching. It was just spooky how much he immediately reminded me of Heath.

joseph-gordon-levitt-picture-1.jpg

You know these two Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Heath Ledger were in the same movie, 10 things I hate about you with Julia Stiles right? Or is it just a coinsidence that you brought it up?

Official toxicology report:
Acute intoxication due to accidental overdose of at least six prescription drugs.

Just too many at one time. Sad story still.

Wow. Just watched TMZ and this was the top story. Crazy how I would have NEVER thought he was a drug user let alone an abuser.

So sad.

I'll quote my original post.

I admit I jumped the gun and listened to TMZ (which will never happen again). It sounds like he was a great guy and to have everyone drag his name through the mud just totally sucks.

Sorry and I only wish the best for his family.

Acute intoxication due to accidental overdose of at least six prescription drugs.

Sad and tragic. The arc this story has followed has only hardened my disdain for the media in general (especially the "entertainment" reporters).

.....and don't trust what a friends copper mate says neither. It's a dastardly world it is.

Sad and tragic. The arc this story has followed has only hardened my disdain for the media in general (especially the "entertainment" reporters).

True that.... It was just disgusting how every one of them tried to make him out to be some junkie that deserved to burn in hell. Even a few here started to sing that same old song... It's just crazy to me that anyone would jump the gun and assume things before it's even official. And especially while people are grieving.

It's a sad story, but Heath will be remembered by those who knew him well and by his fans... Here's to you Heath.. :duff

i would look closer at who prescribed so many drugs that may have a detrimental reaction with eachother. also, i am not a drug taker, i hate pills. i would have never taken two prescribed drugs at the same time for fear of a bad interaction. he had six different drugs in him. a bad and not smart chance for him to take imo.

i would look closer at who prescribed so many drugs that may have a detrimental reaction with eachother. also, i am not a drug taker, i hate pills. i would have never taken two prescribed drugs at the same time for fear of a bad interaction. he had six different drugs in him. a bad and not smart chance for him to take imo.

They weren't all prescribed in this country. And yes, it is irresponsible to mix meds. RIP Heath

Here is a more detailed description of the cause of death:

The Dark Knight star Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of painkillers, sleeping pills, anti-anxiety medication and other prescription drugs, the New York City medical examiner said Wednesday.

The cause of death was "acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said in a statement.

The drugs are the generic names for the painkiller OxyContin, the anti-anxiety drugs Valium and Xanax, and the sleep aids Restoril and Unisom. Hydrocodone is a widely used prescription painkiller.

Borakove wouldn't say what concentrations of each drug were found in Ledger's blood, or whether one drug played a greater part than another in causing his death.

"What you're looking at here is the cumulative effects of these medications together," she said.

The ruling comes two weeks after the 28-year-old Australian-born actor was found dead in the bed of his rented SoHo apartment. Police found bottles of six types of prescription drugs, including sleeping pills and anti-anxiety medication, in his bedroom and bathroom.

Ledger was discovered by his masseuse on Jan. 22 after she arrived for an appointment that afternoon. She entered his bedroom to set up for the massage and found him unresponsive, and proceeded to call Mary-Kate Olsen three times over the next 9 minutes before dialing 911. Ledger had been dead for some time, and police say no foul play occurred.

In a statement released through Ledger's publicist, Ledger's father, Kim, said Wednesday: "While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage."

Jeez, so basically he died un-expectingly and he didn't even know it. Males me feel more uneasy that way. Eh, horrible......what an untimely death.

They weren't all prescribed in this country. And yes, it is irresponsible to mix meds. RIP Heath

Only time I will rip into him, because he had a kid and really should have known better.

The old cliche says "in every cloud there is a silver lining".
I used to believe, given the adoration so many young people have for musicians, actors, athletes and popular culture figures, that the more who end up dead due to drug use, eventually it will convince young people to turn their backs on such risky behavior.

Boy was I naive.

And the clouds just keep rolling in.

The old cliche says "in every cloud there is a silver lining".
I used to believe, given the adoration so many young people have for musicians, actors, athletes and popular culture figures, that the more who end up dead due to drug use, eventually it will convince young people to turn their backs on such risky behavior.

Boy was I naive.

And the clouds just keep rolling in.

Risky behavior. He was sick, couldn't sleep and probably did not know that anti-anxiety pills and sleeping pills didn't mix. And if the prescriptions were from different doctors in different countries, how would he have a clue. Its not like he was out mixing up meth and taking 8 balls. This is not a typical drug overdose from some idiot out partying. He accidently and probably with out intention took the wrong mix of stuff, and probably did not know any better.

I have three kids because my wife did not know that taking antibiotics while on the pill makes the pill not work, and I would bet there are plenty of other kids out there for the same reason. We weren't irresponible, no one told us until after the fact.

Heath's death is nothing like Jim, Jimi's, or Curt's death. These were not illegal drugs and he wasn't on a all night binge party. He was sick, didn't feel well, couldn't sleep and mixed the wrong meds. It only takes one sleeping pill mixed with one anti-anxiety pill to kill some people, and most people don't know to not mix those two meds. Mixing anti-anxiety pills with alcohol can kill also.

Risky behavior. He was sick, couldn't sleep and probably did not know that anti-anxiety pills and sleeping pills didn't mix. And if the prescriptions were from different doctors in different countries, how would he have a clue. Its not like he was out mixing up meth and taking 8 balls. This is not a typical drug overdose from some idiot out partying. He accidently and probably with out intention took the wrong mix of stuff, and probably did not know any better.

I have three kids because my wife did not know that taking antibiotics while on the pill makes the pill not work, and I would bet there are plenty of other kids out there for the same reason. We weren't irresponible, no one told us until after the fact.

Heath's death is nothing like Jim, Jimi's, or Curt's death. These were not illegal drugs and he wasn't on a all night binge party. He was sick, didn't feel well, couldn't sleep and mixed the wrong meds. It only takes one sleeping pill mixed with one anti-anxiety pill to kill some people, and most people don't know to mix those two meds.

I agree.

Gideon = :lecture

(You are a good guy though Gideon) :peace

Damn that sucks. That's basicly how a rapper named Pimp C died in December:monkey2

"Contrary to surfacing reports of overdose, The Los Angeles Country Coroner's Office ruled late Monday that rapper/producer Chad "Pimp C" Butler died accidentally in December due to mixing medication for sleep apnea with prescribed Promethazine, a type of cough syrup. "He did not overdose," coroner Ed Winters told The LA Weekly.

Although no word has been given if Pimp C was legally issued the Promethazine, which is similar to Codeine and used for extreme bouts of coughing and food poisoning, it has been reported that he was living with sleep apnea, a condition that leaves one's breathing stopped during sleep.
On December 4, Pimp C was found dead in a Los Angeles hotel room [click here] less than two days after performing alongside friend, collaborator and longtime label-mate Too $hort at Los Angeles' House of Blues. Earlier in 2007, UGK had their best first week of sales ever, and was nominated for a Grammy Award for the Outkast-assisted, Three-6-Mafia-produced single "International Player's Anthem (I Choose You)."

As tragic as this all is, I'm glad for his family that it was found to be an accident. There is no consilation at a time like this, but better to know circumstance took him and not his own election to leave them behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back