Heath Ledger Found Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When somebody dies of a self inflicted drug overdose, it matters little of the whys and the wherefores. There has been a ton of publicity over the last decade about the dangers of drug interactions. Public service commericals have been on the airways and much has been written about it. For anyone to think that they could take a half dozen prescription drugs and not be at risk is simply either really stupid, reckless or hopelessly naive.

And what will people learn from this?
Not a damn thing.
Who's next?????

No one gets left behind. We all have a ticket on the one way express. Check your tickets everyone, there's another train leaving today. All aboard.

When somebody dies of a self inflicted drug overdose, it matters little of the whys and the wherefores. There has been a ton of publicity over the last decade about the dangers of drug interactions. Public service commericals have been on the airways and much has been written about it. For anyone to think that they could take a half dozen prescription drugs and not be at risk is simply either really stupid, reckless or hopelessly naive.

And what will people learn from this?
Not a damn thing.
Who's next?????

:blah:blah:blah:blah:blah:blah:blah:blah:blah

The guy made a mistake. Unfortunately it was a very costly mistake. We will never know why he mixed meds (generally only bad things happen when you do), maybe he wasn't thinking clearly because of one of them. Who knows? There's no reason to speculate what we don't know about.

I know first hand just how addictive four of those drugs are.(especially the benzos)

Bad mistake.

R.I.P.

No one gets left behind. We all have a ticket on the one way express. Check your tickets everyone, there's another train leaving today. All aboard.

True... we all have to punch that ticket, and most of us will do it because of a simple mistake on our part. No avoiding it. :monkey2

I was talking with a colleague and he was working with a kid that was taking 18 different psychotropic medications, f'n 18!?! Thats absolutely insane, but what happens is you have non-mental health professionals and psychiatrists all prescribing everything and anything and no one checks to see if its okay. Granted this is a very messed-up kid, but 18 medications aren't going to help.

So it does happen, and sure people ought to know better, however the people prescribing should take the time to find out what their patients are on. Supposedly even Walgreens checks that for you.

Man, i got real pissed when we got the newspaper in the mail this morning. They had a little article about the cause of death and these *******'s makes him out to be some junkie!!! They had a picture from the video where his doing coke after the SAG awards which is 2 years old and they make it sound like he was hign on something 24-7. They even named the article "Cokeback Mountain". Bunch of douches! They wrote that the doctors said it was an acidental overdose but they wrote it in a sarcastic way.:cuss:emperor

They're pathetic people who get off on making others look bad. For them it has to be negative to be news. If it's not, they make it negative.

Anyways, my mom got 2 prescriptions from her doctor one time and when she picked them up at the pharmacist they said 'You know you can't take these together right?".

Freaks me out.

I wait atleast 24 hours inbetween taking another drug if I have to.

WHY????

I thought we were engaged in a discussion. I posted some facts about interactive drug use and abuse and your response was
blahblahblah

It seems that you have some sort of problem with me that causes you to resort to the type of retort usually identified with children.
I am happy to discuss issues with you - the operative word there being discuss.

They're pathetic people who get off on making others look bad. For them it has to be negative to be news. If it's not, they make it negative.

Anyways, my mom got 2 prescriptions from her doctor one time and when she picked them up at the pharmacist they said 'You know you can't take these together right?".

Freaks me out.

I wait atleast 24 hours inbetween taking another drug if I have to.

And if the Heath had personal assistants or publist pick up his prescriptions on different continents it could make it a bit harder to follow.

Plus if he took the sleeping pills the night before took the zanax in the morning and then took the pain pills before laying down it would have killed him. The combination of these specific pills, even if the dosage and time schedule is followed correctly, can be deadly. They all surpress the brain and make breathing shallow, and throw on top of that his lungs were already clogged, it wouldn't take much to make his system to shut down.

What is to be learned is that whoever prescribed the pills should be questioned as to why they were all prescribed and allowed to be filled without some red flags going up.

I would like to point out that no illegal drugs were found in his system...none. He wasn't some druggie looking for a high, he wasn't out partying to the wee hours of the morning. He loved being with his daughter and his work, he wasn't trying to die or commit suicide. He was physically sick and couldn't sleep (which probably played part in his inability to think correctly) so his mental abilities were probably drained, which means he probably really needed someone other than a housekeeper watching him. He probably should have been admitted to a hospital as sick as he was, but he wasn't, he was left to take care of himself, and sadly he was in no state to do so.

Gee whiz folks... sorry for trying to make you burn a brain fell or two on something other than toys and games. I guess that is a mortal sin here and I should stop before somebody gets hurt trying to exercise their brain.

Okay everybody, back to your pop culture icons, idols and games. The rest of the real world is something you never have to think about of face as long as you pay your electric bill.

I havent been following this whole thing very closely at all....but i cant help but wonder why some of you are so quick to say that this was an "accident" and the media is making him out to be a junkie? They guy OD'ed on drugs, IMO without knowing what was in his brain at the time, it leads to one thing. SUICIDE. why is that so hard to fathom? stop pretending you all know what really happened when you really don't.

Nash.. don't try so hard to make sense or you will get a series of posts mocking your intelligence using only smilie faces and one word syllables... and those who use them will think they are engaging in the height of intellectual discussion.

What you are suppose to do in these situations is make a really hearlfelt post about the death..... here is an example

"Woah dude.... really bummed about about this but its cool that his Joker gig was done so we can get off on that."

That passes for both sympathy and insight.

Just because the man had six different kinds of drugs in his body means nothing. After all, he was cool dude.

maybe you should brush up a bit Nash.

He died because of a lethal combination of presecription drugs. When you say "OD" it conjures images of someone stuffing there mouth with xanex and chasing it down with alcohol, which isn't the case here (which is why Gideon's whole POV is irrelevant here).

Nash.. don't try so hard to make sense or you will get a series of posts mocking your intelligence using only smilie faces and one word syllables... and those who use them will think they are engaging in the height of intellectual discussion.

What you are suppose to do in these situations is make a really hearlfelt post about the death..... here is an example

"Woah dude.... really bummed about about this but its cool that his Joker gig was done so we can get off on that."

That passes for both sympathy and insight.

Just because the man had six different kinds of drugs in his body means nothing. After all, he was cool dude.

Oh, don't play the straw man card...

Calling it a suicide is jumping to conclusions, because that implies and assumes premeditation and that he took this concoction of prescribed meds in order to purposely kill himself.

True, no one will ever know what he was thinking at the time and what his intentions were (or weren't). But using Occam's Razor to call it an "accidental overdose" is actually the more logical and rational conclusion.

maybe you should brush up a bit Nash.

He died because of a lethal combination of presecription drugs. When you say "OD" it conjures images of someone stuffing there mouth with xanex and chasing it down with alcohol, which isn't the case here (which is why Gideon's whole POV is irrelevant here).

hey dude, honestly can you tell me that if you had all of those drugs in your hand at once, that you as an adult wouldnt know better than not to take them all at one time? Come on now, youre grasping at straws. im not a hater, i actually think he was a decent actor, but sometimes the truth hurts man. face it instead of calling logical people otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back