Head flocking?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironman1188

SO BE IT
Reaction score
I have a head that I want to use for a custom but would need for it to be flocked to give it the right "character"
Anyone know who does the best flocking that won't rub/wear off easily?
Oh, and its a resin head. [can they even be flocked?]

Any & all help appreciated!

I have a head that I want to use for a custom but would need for it to be flocked to give it the right "character"
Anyone know who does the best flocking that won't rub/wear off easily?
Oh, and its a resin head. [can they even be flocked?]

Any & all help appreciated!

Flocking?
You mean as in when you flock a model base with that fake grass stuff?

I'm just about to experiment with flocking...just made a tester flocking machine out of an electric fly swatter! Have a hankering to make some DiD type 30's civilian hats (Homburg, Bowler, Fedora etc for eBay--3 different sizes for each). If it turns out OK (and you're not sorted by then) will keep you informed, I'm sure something can be arranged. BTW No reason why resin can't be flocked.

Just sprinkling flock on a glued surface will probably be unsatisfactory. The part needs to be in a static field so the flock stands on end as it hits the glue.

Seen someone on ebay offering a service for reflocking action man heads.
Some looked really mad with blonde beards and sideburns and even mixed colours.
Will post a link;)

Yeah, Ive had that same idea for years, but am yet to try it out.
Let us know how it goes.

I'm just about to experiment with flocking...just made a tester flocking machine out of an electric fly swatter! Have a hankering to make some DiD type 30's civilian hats (Homburg, Bowler, Fedora etc for eBay--3 different sizes for each). If it turns out OK (and you're not sorted by then) will keep you informed, I'm sure something can be arranged. BTW No reason why resin can't be flocked.

Just sprinkling flock on a glued surface will probably be unsatisfactory. The part needs to be in a static field so the flock stands on end as it hits the glue.

Back