Statue HCG Total Recall 1:4 scale Synth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vitus

Super Freak
Reaction score
HCG is putting out some pretty cool stuff.
They are really helping me get my Prop Replica and 1/4 scale fix.
What do you guys think of this one?

https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/totalrecall.html

synth17.jpg

i liked them in the movie and they were cool looking, but this one here..i dunno. as a figure maybe, but as a statue in such a static pose i'm not feeling it too much. btw, the remake was way better then people were giving credit for. i came in watching the movie thinking it would suck and walked away pleasantly surprised.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the design of the synth! They were awesome in the movie! Remake gets a bad rap but I really liked it. Got the 4 disk on blu-ray. The design is top notch and since I enjoyed this movie so much, it was a no brainer to order this when the newsletter came. Ordered both the Reg and Ex. Gonna set me back $700 with shipping :monkey4 If only I can somehow get my hands on a 1:1, would love to have that in my home.

The film was pretty crappy, but the designs were fantastic. This really stuck out to me in the film, and I'd gladly buy one.

...if I could afford it at the moment :lol

I saw it in Florida Sunday after Celebration 6 was over and it was something to do with the wife... I like the movie for what it was... Entertainment!
The blaster props and statues are looking cool but I don't think I want to start this line though, I'm arleady behind on too many movies lol.

I think the design of the synths in this film rocked, one of the best robot designs I've ever seen, with a dash of clone trooper to them.

This is nicely detailed and a great reproduction, even if the pose is dull (but then it is a robot).

Funnily enough the white one is much better IMO and gets far more screen time, it's the white/black contrast that makes it pop. Shame it's not 100 white and 500 black. Either way though it's fairly low ES. Shipping is brutal to the UK so like hmm, might get a white one, can't afford two.

Some more shots, that is one sexy design.

Anyway, one white for me, can't pass up this thing, liked it ever since the film.

fig-kai-5073_01.jpg
fig-kai-5073_02.jpg
fig-kai-5073_03.jpg
fig-kai-5073_06.jpg

fig-kai-5073_07.jpg

fig-kai-5073_08.jpg
fig-kai-5073_09.jpg

And film comparison:
Total-Recall%202.jpg

Last edited:
What's that I spy in the bottom corner;)

1075764_10151538492548479_1692811730_n.jpg

Can't wait for this guy to ship, well, me and the other person who ordered him. I mean seriously it's a sexy robot design, don't get why it doesn't get more love.

Any close-ups would be awesome!:)

What's that I spy in the bottom corner;)

1075764_10151538492548479_1692811730_n.jpg

Can't wait for this guy to ship, well, me and the other person who ordered him. I mean seriously it's a sexy robot design, don't get why it doesn't get more love.

Any close-ups would be awesome!:)

Is that Deadpool sharing a shelf with the ladies?

Some close-ups from SDCC.:)

To my eye, the glass bits are shinier than the proto, so looks even better now.

hollywood-collectibles-sdcc13-34-533x800.jpg

hollywood-collectibles-sdcc13-35-533x800.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah it’s one of those things, forgettable film, but top production design by Patrick Tatopoulos. They could pass almost for futuristic storm troopers from Episode VII of Star Wars;) I collect Clone Troopers so it will be interesting to have his guy next to say Commander Cody.

Well I usually ignore the fact a film is rubbish if I like a character. Take the Wolf predator from AVP:R for example, rubbish film but incredible creature design.

Scored both Ex amd regular form a LCS for $ 408 :D . Will unbox tomorrow and let you guys know what I think.

Update : Opened them both up today and I can say I am overall happy for the price I paid. Had I paid Retail + shipping I might have been a bit disappointed.

#68 / 100
#175 / 500

They do look mean next to each other thoughs.

A few issues I found :

1- Gun is too generic with no details at all. Not sure if they were like that in the movie too but its far too basic to my liking.
2- Index finger is waaaay too long . I can't stop noticing it .

Other than the above no other issues.

Will post some pics soon .

Better late than never, I finally picked up this statue. I'm going to start reworking it tomorrow. I'll be laying in real cables, detailing the gun, and upgrading the paint work. Even with the factory finish, it looks great.

Here's my quick unboxing video:

Last edited:
Back