HCG - Sin City Nancy statue?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They’re good quality, I have Guardian Girl and Cyber Cop and they are very good. I hear into the fog isn’t as nice though but I don’t own it. Pre-production pictures and prototypes from them are generally almost identical production from my experience. Here are some pictures of guardian girl, only complaint is the painting of hair on her body which is odd but easily fixable.
View attachment 372235View attachment 372232View attachment 372236View attachment 372233View attachment 372234

After I asked this question I decided to order the Cyber Cop. I had always wanted it and compared to SS prices it is a steal. It also gave me a idea of their quality. Got Cyber Cop in yesterday and it was really better than I expected. After that I PO'd Nancy. Thanks for the reply. Gives me some hope that Nancy will turn out as well as Cyber Cop.

I think it was better to do a switch out hairpiece with hat.

I agree. A switch out hairpiece/hat would have been better.

I po'd her but that seam is really bothering me. Wish there was a new closeup pic of that area. I may have to cancel.

Maybe HCG will fix the seam. :huh

But my big question is; Whoever took the pics of Nancy didn't notice that seam? :slap

I agree. A switch out hairpiece/hat would have been better.

Maybe HCG will fix the seam. :huh

But my big question is; Whoever took the pics of Nancy didn't notice that seam? :slap

I guess that's a necklace they are trying to hide it with? I'll see what comes from Spooktacular and decide then I guess. I can't believe they will fix the seam if they didn't care enough to fix it before they put it out for PO.

It's not a seam. It's a necklace. She wore a necklace in the movie.

Attachments

• sin_city___nancy_callahan__3__by_newyounggun-d96kjzi.jpg
    sin_city___nancy_callahan__3__by_newyounggun-d96kjzi.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Nancy-Callahan-sin-city-15099105-1728-2560.jpg
    Nancy-Callahan-sin-city-15099105-1728-2560.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
  • Jessica Alba as Nancy 01.jpg
    Jessica Alba as Nancy 01.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 66
You can see the gold chain better in this photo. It even has the small crystal.
HCG isn't that clueless that they would display that at a big show like SDCC with a giant neck gap like that for everyone to skewer.
You can see it better on the beginning of this YouTube Video also.

https://youtu.be/lYFaU8NcBOE

Attachments

• VwZGIT2.jpg
    VwZGIT2.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Yes. That is where the switch out head comes apart but you can not see the seam like everyone here is thinking. It's not a bad noticible gap. What everyone is seeing is the raised chain in these photos. I saw this in person and it wasn't noticible unless you know it's there and start staring at it up and down till you see a gap.
All Switch Out parts have this if you know where it comes apart and you start staring at it.

d52b535be0203effb2fa691de1c6b575.jpg

This would have been a great piece if they made her breasts bigger or raised them up a bit and shaped them differently. I don't mean triple D's or anything, but the breasts on this statue make her seem like a teenage boy. There is basically no cleavage at all. This is a piece I was really excited about, but as is its a very easy pass. Just way too many other quality pieces out there to sink any money into this.

This would have been a great piece if they made her breasts bigger or raised them up a bit and shaped them differently. I don't mean triple D's or anything, but the breasts on this statue make her seem like a teenage boy. There is basically no cleavage at all. This is a piece I was really excited about, but as is its a very easy pass. Just way too many other quality pieces out there to sink any money into this.

It’s modeled after Jessica Alba and she doesn’t really have very large breasts.
1AB31993-E8A5-43AC-86B3-2A42993A37B5.jpeg

Since the face looks nothing like Alba, they may as well have given it huge boobs.

It’s modeled after Jessica Alba and she doesn’t really have very large breasts.

She definitely has some cleavage there when her arms aren't straight down by her sides. This statue has almost none. And the previous post makes a good point as well, since this really didn't come out looking much like Alba at all, at least they could have given her a better figure. And the picture you posted has the flattest front lighting possible and has her arms down at her sides so its basically one of the most unflattering pictures of Alba, in regards to breast size, ever taken.

Since the face looks nothing like Alba, they may as well have given it huge boobs.

Yeah the eyes are off and she doesn’t have bangs in the hatless portrait, I think it’s the eyes that throw it off the most though. I personally would like to have a spot on good portrait and flat chest than vice versa.

I think the head sculpt is better than the original one that was shown:

sdcc2014_hollywood_7.jpg

...but the original sculpt's expression and hair better match the promo picture it was based on.

The current sculpt is really good.

doQ2ATU.jpg

i do agree, it's really in the way the eyes are painted. It doesn't really bring out what's in Trevor's sculpt. Now that I think about it, even the way the lips are painted seems a bit off.

Hmmm, im a little worried how good the earrings will hold up.

There's no expression at all in that sculpt. It's just a neutral face w/ crooked smile sorta-Alba . The b/w photo she's got a look in her eyes they didn't even try for.

There's no expression at all in that sculpt. It's just a neutral face w/ crooked smile sorta-Alba . The b/w photo she's got a look in her eyes they didn't even try for.

Yeah, in the black and white photo she has her head tipped down a bit and her eye's are looking up in a sexy sort of way. That is completely lost in the statue. The statue just has her staring straight forward with her eyes wide open. Just doesn't match the scene from the movie well at all.

Back