HCG - Sin City Nancy statue?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's odd cuz the sculpt looks great without paint. With paint it's close to Alba but not quite. Definitely looks better with the hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely look better with the hat on...im a little torn with the picture. I know the sculpt nailed Alba...but with the paint, not so much. Wish they could show a closer picture of the head. STill cant decide if I wanna get this or not. I also haven't bought anything from HCG...so not sure how the final product will hold up to the promo pict.

Ahhh why couldnt this be a Gentle giant piece.... they are the masters of female statues.

Ive been in love with Alba forever now and would kill for a 1/4 scale statue of her as Nancy... something is just slightly off tho :(

You know production pieces arent gonna be as good as the proto either... tempting at that pricepoint tho... Hmm

Ahhh why couldnt this be a Gentle giant piece.... they are the masters of female statues.

Ive been in love with Alba forever now and would kill for a 1/4 scale statue of her as Nancy... something is just slightly off tho :(

You know production pieces arent gonna be as good as the proto either... tempting at that pricepoint tho... Hmm

Yeah, Gentle Giant nailed the 300 Eva Green statue. I'm kicking myself for not picking that up.

As everyone else has commented, the paint app seems off... the eyes too. But the overall sculpt of the statue is pretty good.

Never purchased anything from HCG. Would love to have this but not sure about the quality. Any opinions on HCG?

They’re good quality, I have Guardian Girl and Cyber Cop and they are very good. I hear into the fog isn’t as nice though but I don’t own it. Pre-production pictures and prototypes from them are generally almost identical production from my experience. Here are some pictures of guardian girl, only complaint is the painting of hair on her body which is odd but easily fixable.
F665F1C5-79F8-4D28-B2C1-266C6EA0139E.jpgEAC63A8C-56BA-4302-8E37-6A4DE25F9D7B.jpg96958925-9A8C-46A6-B9AC-14EF07E31DAA.jpg8E6FED8D-0C8C-4110-9342-15D3DF7BC7B8.jpgB90EA850-9821-4461-84CB-C032839C3146.jpg

Attachments

• 153D4A62-F164-4371-89E6-713FB02B8032.jpg
    153D4A62-F164-4371-89E6-713FB02B8032.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 162
Yeah, Gentle Giant nailed the 300 Eva Green statue. I'm kicking myself for not picking that up.

As everyone else has commented, the paint app seems off... the eyes too. But the overall sculpt of the statue is pretty good.

ya I had Eva pre ordered and had to cancel at shipping time due to lack of funds :(

got all the sucker punch girls and Scar Jo by GG tho :)

Ya the eyes in this Alba statue have a bit of that dead eye stare to em from certain angles. Wanted to pick up HCG Selene so bad, but the face and eyes were really bad on that too. Sigh

I would love to get this, but I am seriously running out of room to display any more large pieces. But it's Jessica Alba :drool :drool :drool :naughty :naughty :naughty

It's a little off but which statue isn't. It is difficult for any statue company to get a really close resemblance of any real actor. If it is based off of a comic version, then there is a lot more room for play.

1/4 Scale Statues based off real life actors that I own:

Gentle Giant - Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) - 90% Likeness
Gentle Giant - Sucker Punch Sweet Pea (Abbie Cornish) - 85% Likeness

HCG - Resident Evil Alice (Milla Jovovich) - 80% Likeness
HCG - Species (Natasha Henstridge) - 80% Likeness
HCG - Underworld Selene (Kate Beckinsale) - 80% Likeness

Sideshow - Iron Man 2 Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) - 75%-80% Likeness

These are my scores for the headsculpts. I think it is difficult to produce anything more than 80% likeness unless you have full 3D scan of the real person, then you might have a better chance to score above 80%. For the most part, HCG statues based on real life actors are close, but it's not going to be close to exact. From a price point for a 1/4 scale statue as compared to Sideshow, it is not bad considering the average Sideshow 1/4 scale statues are going for an average of $500+ these days.

Well, I had Alice and Sil from HCG (and also the excl. MiB set.
Problem is... they say it's 1/4 scale... but if you compare them to Sideshow PFs... they are too small.
Venkman from HCG is the opposite... his head is way too big.

But overall... Nancy statue is great... regular and excl.

Well, I had Alice and Sil from HCG (and also the excl. MiB set.
Problem is... they say it's 1/4 scale... but if you compare them to Sideshow PFs... they are too small.
Venkman from HCG is the opposite... his head is way too big.

But overall... Nancy statue is great... regular and excl.

What do you think of the MIB pieces? I can never make up my mind if they are any good.

Ordered Venkman and Stantz.

Really like the looks of this but don’t have anything from them yet.

They need to have the neck be one piece with the body. Do it like 1/6 figures, & swap the head only.

Their sculpts usually look solid. Their problem is still their paint jobs.
I wanna get this for sure. Trevor Grove is probably the best portrait sculptor out there but once the statue arrives I know I will end up having to pay another $500.00 to get a pro to repaint the whole piece. Especially a piece with this much flesh tone. That's where it's most problematic for them. Monster paints or piece's that are mostly black tend to be mostly tolerable.

I wanna get this for sure. Trevor Grove is probably the best portrait sculptor out there but once the statue arrives I know I will end up having to pay another $500.00 to get a pro to repaint the whole piece. Especially a piece with this much flesh tone. That's where it's most problematic for them. Monster paints or piece's that are mostly black tend to be mostly tolerable.

Yep. The previews of the sculpt were on the money. First thing I thought of when I saw this was "repaint". No idea repaints are so expensive though. Ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decent airbrush and compressor costs 200 bucks, takes a little bit of practice but In generally they are easy to use, you can repaint them yourself pretty easily.

What do you think of the MIB pieces? I can never make up my mind if they are any good.

If you don't mind the scale, they are good (compared to other 1/4 scales the heads are too small)
The sculpts are very good, the clothing is fine, the shiny bases are a pain because you propably receive these damaged with scratches. Weapons need to be shiny and chrome, but they are silver and dirty...
Sunglasses are ok and won't break easy.
You need to take the excl.
Then you have 4 statues.
My tip... wait till black friday sales ;)

It looks ok with the hat. I bet this will be one of those statues that need a good factory paint job. If not it could be bad and need a repaint.

Back