Statue HCG Rocky statue 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They got the body proportions great, but the head sculpt looks different from the pre order pics, love to see a close up of the head sculpt.

yes, impatient to see more photos :clap

I'm with you, I have the flag shorts 1/4 HCG did around 6 years ago, so for me the head sculpt needs to be great, I just wish they would have went with a different look, like Rocky in his street clothes from the original film, or a battle damaged in red trunks from the original 1976 film.

The head sculpt looks pretty good, I think it's the lackluster paint that's bringing it down. I think that's the best proportions I've ever seen on a Stallone statue.

The head sculpt looks pretty good, I think it's the lackluster paint that's bringing it down. I think that's the best proportions I've ever seen on a Stallone statue.

If Snoop likes it I know I have to purchase this statue now, I don't think I have ever seen you give such a great endorsement of any Stallone collectible. On the paint HCG always falls short, don't know why they don't put more effort into paint?

If Snoop likes it I know I have to purchase this statue now, I don't think I have ever seen you give such a great endorsement of any Stallone collectible. On the paint HCG always falls short, don't know why they don't put more effort into paint?

Yeah I'll admit I'm very particular when it comes to Stallone pieces. I just think they did a fantastic job capturing his look and proportions from Rocky 4. But is it worth shelling out $400 and then who knows how much to have it repainted? Probably not. The paint just looks so flat and generic, it gives the whole thing a cartoon like appearance. I don't think these are going anywhere, it may be worth it to wait a while and see if the price drops significantly. I'm sure some talented painters around here could even paint the "tuf-wear" logo on his glove, or create a decal for it.

hcg_rocky_balboa_by_trevorgrove-dbthue5.jpg

So it is the paint that's bringing down the likeness. That actually looks pretty good. Sculpted by Trevor Grove, he normally does a pretty good job.

Yeah I'll admit I'm very particular when it comes to Stallone pieces. I just think they did a fantastic job capturing his look and proportions from Rocky 4. But is it worth shelling out $400 and then who knows how much to have it repainted? Probably not. The paint just looks so flat and generic, it gives the whole thing a cartoon like appearance. I don't think these are going anywhere, it may be worth it to wait a while and see if the price drops significantly. I'm sure some talented painters around here could even paint the "tuf-wear" logo on his glove, or create a decal for it.

Agreed, and HCG always has 50% off when statues don't sell, I remember they did it with the Rambo bust, I don't see this statue selling out or selling well. My issues with this statue is HCG already released a 1/4 Rocky statue in flag trunks, and a 1/6 statue in flag trunks, they should have went with a different look, like Rocky in his street clothes from the original film, I sent Trevor Grove a message on that look and he would love to do it, but he has zero input on what to sculpt for HCG, they commission what they want. I also love to see a Rocky in battle damaged red trunks from the original film.

Agreed, and HCG always has 50% off when statues don't sell, I remember they did it with the Rambo bust, I don't see this statue selling out or selling well. My issues with this statue is HCG already released a 1/4 Rocky statue in flag trunks, and a 1/6 statue in flag trunks, they should have went with a different look, like Rocky in his street clothes from the original film, I sent Trevor Grove a message on that look and he would love to do it, but he has zero input on what to sculpt for HCG, they commission what they want. I also love to see a Rocky in battle damaged red trunks from the original film.

I personally love the flag shorts look. Rocky 3 and 4 have always been my favorite (despite 1 and 2 being better films), especially from a entertainment/re-watchability view point. I agree about them needing to try something different though, they could've at least made this a battle damaged Rocky to differentiate it from their previous 1/4. A street clothes Rocky would be awesome. I wish blitzway would've done a Rocky from 1 instead of 2.

Yeah I was saying I wish blitzway did a 1/4 from the original Rocky, not Rocky 2. But they did a fantastic job regardless.

That looks pretty cool, the likeness are definitely off though.

I know you're very picky Snoop, but I thought you would really love this Rocky vs Apollo statue. I like the likeness on this one, it's not perfect, but it's close enough. I have a different mentality than you when it comes to Rocky, they hardly make anything for this license that I love, so I can't be to picky, when something is made I have to like it of course, but it doesn't have to be perfect.

Rocky to me is what Terminator is to a-Dev, and in case you don't know he's a board member here that absolutely loves Terminator. I'm
Not saying it looks bad by any means, if anything I want to see more pics of it. Where did you find those, is that from his website?

I'm not fond of his work personally. Being an artist myself I think he needs to spend time studying proportions, It would vastly improve his work. I want to know what he uses as references for his pieces, because all of his work has such an odd resemblance to other pieces he's done, yet none really resemble Stallone. You can tell who it's supposed to be, but that's it. It's weird to say the least.

This is a really great looking Rocky statue, HCG really got the head sculpt spot on which they haven't achieved with their past Rocky statues. The body proportions are also very accurate. I wonder why this statue doesn't get a lot of attention on this site or any love? It's very good imo, but what do I know lol.

Back