Statue HCG Joker life size bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks My friend, you can just use Acrylics on this Mart.
I'm sure people will be customizing these ,I do it to almost all my stuff

Bobby, I have a question regarding painting, specifically on Joker. I've seen people like yourself, Imaresqd1 and others that are able to achieve a totally believable paintjob on him with white (I'm assuming) acrylic paint, making it look like greasepaint and achieving the kind of smudged, uneven look that still shows off some of the flesh tone underneath.

I've been working on it quite awhile, and I'm almost there, but I find white paint tends to dry very quickly and clump up. How do you achieve that makeup/grease paint look, if you don't mind me asking and can explain the process?

Actually the silicon is made with Oil paints , so you get that realism from the start, it gets a little to shinny so i have to matt it down a bit.
the Acrylics I just put it on as if He was in the chair for real , then I put a coat of semi gloss just from a distance to add a bit of sheen. but I still have some more practice to do .
I also take the sponges and dip it into the paint and blot it on, that seems to give it a cool look and give the feeling of skin pores .

Hey Bobby, thanks again for the oil paint tip. I went out and got a set and have been testing them out on one of my HT Joker heads, and they spread and blend so brilliantly that it makes my acrylic work look like garbage by comparison.

I would have never thought about oil paints at this scale, so thanks for the suggestion.

Hey Bobby, thanks again for the oil paint tip. I went out and got a set and have been testing them out on one of my HT Joker heads, and they spread and blend so brilliantly that it makes my acrylic work look like garbage by comparison.

I would have never thought about oil paints at this scale, so thanks for the suggestion.

I would love to see some pics man...

Thanks My friend, you can just use Acrylics on this Mart.
I'm sure people will be customizing these ,I do it to almost all my stuff

Thanks dude, I was blown away when I saw a picture of your Lifesize Joker on Deviantart.com..Then when I saw the Joker life -size bust I knew it was yours! :clap
So I was wondering? If touching up a paint job with Acrylics, what sort of vanish is need to seal the acrylic paint?
Thanks heaps dude..
martinkumnick.deviantart.com
martinkumnick.com

As soon as i saw this bust i loved it. Great sculpt but agree that something on the stand would really finish it off.
Brilliant work Bobby.
Someone mentioned a silicon joker... Is there a link for that??
Would love to see how that looks.

No problem man. :) I'm looking forward to seeing the HCG 1/3 interrogation Joker that Bobby is making.

supposed to ship in january but that came and went but like most items it will probly be 6 months after date

Back