Statue HCG - Barney Ross 1/4 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CollectorNC

Super Freak
Reaction score
I searched but didn't see a thread. (Mods...if there is and I overlooked it, sorry, and feel free to merge.) Endinho is an excellent sculptor for Stallone stuff as I own the excellent Rambo 1/4 statue he did for them awhile back.

I like this Barney Ross 1/4, particularly the exclusive which I have pre-ordered.

https://hollywood-collectibles.com/expendables_barneyross_exc.html

barneyross_exc2.jpg

barneyross2.jpg

barneyross6.jpg

barneyross_exc4.jpg

barneyross_exc6.jpg

barneyross_exc2.jpg

I hope it's better painted than their first Barney Ross very sloppy paint apps for an expensive statue.

HCG paint apps tend more often than not to be real sculpt killers in my experience, especially with anything human likeness related.

I'd never buy anything from them that I hadn't first seen in hand first at this point for that very reason.

I can't decide yet..going broke...so many good statues out there...just don't know is Barney Ross is worth the $$$$...

When Rambo IV came out I wasn't liking the photos....but when I had seen it in person and I ended up loving it and buying it.

Edinho made a great 1/4 Stallone COBRA statue for me awhile back....and that is one of my favs ever...I think he is a master at Stallone stuff...but Barney Ross just not in the same league as the Cobra...

Hmmm. not liking it at all. I have the 1/4 Rambo and that is EXCELLENT, paint apps, likeness and all. But i just cant seem to like anymore of edinhos sculpts.

Well the sculpts themselve minus the caked on proto paint look fine. They look like Barney Ross/Stallone. I think the problem is all the texture has been removed due to a bad paint job that was done quickly to get these up for pre-order. Edinho said the final ones are painted by a different group. I was not feeling the Rambo IV 1/4 until I saw in-hand pics and then I got it and it is one of the best sculpted and painted pieces I have. And that's even compared to Sideshow.

The face is not the only problem.
He is too skinny, with the torso being too long. Look at his waist/stomach area, and that is with the vest on! Sly, without the vest, is 'thicker' than that. He looks like Cage in the first Ghost Rider.

Sculp is off, too skinny, and the hairline under the hat is ridiculous

The hairline is supposed to be under the hat. The pick has a slick line under the hat, but I'm pretty sure that is part of the hat.

sylvester-stallone-as-barney-ross-in-the.jpg

another fail and i'm afraid they'll screw up the face of selene from underworld too

The sculpt in general is good. but it really needed to be mixed media or painted to look like it wasnt coloured in using MS paint

For CollectorNC here are a couple of pics of HGC's first Barney Ross statue.This one is quite limited #175/500 I think the main problem now is we are to spoilt by Hot Toys and Enterbay when it comes to paint apps.

Darth012.jpg

Darth013.jpg

Back