Statue HCG - Barney Ross 1/4 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For CollectorNC here are a couple of pics of HGC's first Barney Ross statue.This one is quite limited #175/500 I think the main problem now is we are to spoilt by Hot Toys and Enterbay when it comes to paint apps.

Darth012.jpg

Darth013.jpg

Not bad at all. Well you can't compare statue paint jobs to poseable figure paint jobs. One is painted on polystone. It's always going to have a glossier look. There's not a SSC's 1/4 statue that has as good a paint job as a Hot Toys or Enterbay 1/6th scale figure.

Not bad at all. Well you can't compare statue paint jobs to poseable figure paint jobs. One is painted on polystone. It's always going to have a glossier look. There's not a SSC's 1/4 statue that has as good a paint job as a Hot Toys or Enterbay 1/6th scale figure.

You think so? I have to disagree. Look at Obi-Wan and Tarkin for example.

You think so? I have to disagree. Look at Obi-Wan and Tarkin for example.

If you are talking legendary scale Obi Wan, I'd agree. But there's always something about statue paint jobs vs. 12 inch ones that looks fake. They are photo-realistic. Take the 1989 Batman or Joker and put them in a pose and sometimes it's hard to tell if it's not a screen cap.

Back