Statue HCG Aliens Power Loader Studio Scale!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still thinking on this one. I can't believe even the EX is still available. It seems those who bought it love it but overall, it doesn't seem to get that much attention. Is there something I'm missing?

I'm still thinking on this one. I can't believe even the EX is still available. It seems those who bought it love it but overall, it doesn't seem to get that much attention. Is there something I'm missing?

Just a real niche figure/statue.

You have to be a fan of Aliens/ that movie.
You have to be a fan of robots. Then a fan of simpler robots.
You have to be a fan of the equivalent of a forklift.

Just a real niche figure/statue.

You have to be a fan of Aliens/ that movie.
You have to be a fan of robots. Then a fan of simpler robots.
You have to be a fan of the equivalent of a forklift.

I don't have any pieces from HCG so I thought there may be something about the quality of the piece I wasn't aware of. Being a fan of all of the above, I hadn't thought of it that way. There are so many Aliens fans and that scene is so monumental I wasn't thinking outside the box. That actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

I'd like to pick it up eventually. HCG is notorious for terrible quality, but I think this has had mostly positive reviews.

Problem is it's over a grand with so many other expensive, high-quality Alien collectibles coming out soon that are far more iconic/important to the franchise IMO. And that's assuming you only collect Alien-based merchandise.

Lots of new companies with great quality and a plethora of licenses ranging from superheroes to Terminator to Jurassic Park...these are tough times.

I'd like to pick it up eventually. HCG is notorious for terrible quality, but I think this has had mostly positive reviews.

Problem is it's over a grand with so many other expensive, high-quality Alien collectibles coming out soon that are far more iconic/important to the franchise IMO. And that's assuming you only collect Alien-based merchandise.

Lots of new companies with great quality and a plethora of licenses ranging from superheroes to Terminator to Jurassic Park...these are tough times.

Very true. I'm torn because I've wanted a Power Loader since 86 when the movie came out but I don't trust Hot Toys to do a good enough job when/if it eventually releases.

On the flip side, the thing is huge and I really don't know where the hell I'd put it.

I already PO'd the CP blue warrior and the SS internecivus raptus (I know it's not a great Alien piece but it is a great Geiger piece IMO and that's good enough for me). I'll definitely PO the CP Big Chap when that's announced too. Is there something else Alien specific coming I may have overlooked? Unfortunately I don't have unlimited resources so planning ahead is a must.

And I collect a lot more than just Alien so you have a great point there too.

Last edited:
Though I'm a massive fan of the Alien franchise and absolutely love the power loader, I've always been turned off by this piece. I understand that it's a "replica" of the actual piece used for filming/ etc. but it looks toooo static and just blah for my taste. The weathering on it is just too clean and the feet are positioned in such a way that it looks too mirror-like to one another like a giant set of Lego feet.

I have the original Hot Toys Power Loader and I'm very much looking forward to the new one. If you ask me, Hot Toys is the way to go!

Very true. I'm torn because I've wanted a Power Loader since 86 when the movie came out but I don't trust Hot Toys to do a good enough job when/if it eventually releases.

On the flip side, the thing is huge and I really don't know where the hell I'd put it.

I already PO'd the CP blue warrior and the SS internecivus raptus (I know it's not a great Alien piece but it is a great Geiger piece IMO and that's good enough for me). I'll definitely PO the CP Big Chap when that's announced too. Is there something else Alien specific coming I may have overlooked? Unfortunately I don't have unlimited resources so planning ahead is a must.

And I collect a lot more than just Alien so you have a great point there too.
Besides the 1:1 props/busts, I believe someone from CoolProps said that there are plans for full-body props/statues. At least that's what I've seen other members here post.

HCG is making a Nostromo replica as well if I recall correctly. It would be pretty hard to screw up the paint on that I imagine.

It seems like there's more I'm forgetting.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

From HCG newsletter. Wow what a deal, thinking about ordering.

12_Days_Power_Loader.jpg

Last edited:
I would have ordered this if this was the EX. I tried and it didn't work. You would think they would try and move any of these any way they can. Oh well. Saved myself a grand.

Ex is pointless. Ordered this earlier today. Great deal and everyone who bought it raves about it.

Popculture had 13% off storewide this weekend so I finally pulled the pin on this bad boy. Been wanting this for years. Everyone seems really happy with the quality, can't wait to set this thing up. The wife will freak out!

I did the ten pay on Black Friday and got mine a few months ago. I opened to inspect it and it’s a beauty. It’s in storage cause we’re moving shortly and it’s my most anticipated piece to set up.

I did the ten pay on Black Friday and got mine a few months ago. I opened to inspect it and it’s a beauty. It’s in storage cause we’re moving shortly and it’s my most anticipated piece to set up.

I’m hoping mine arrives Friday, can’t wait....
I’ll post some pics.
Got it for a good price I think, $1030 AUS.
Don’t believe these are still available for sale, must have for die hard Aliens’ fans.

You can't use the code on the Ex, 350 ES, which they still have instock.
Sounds like a completely failed product.

I got this on a christmas special for the original for 700 and it is a great statue. Not sure who doesn't like this but it is one of my favorites I don't see any issues with it. But I wouldn't spend a grand for it. However, the quality is great completely solid and looks amazing. But I understand it isn't for everyone and for a grand I wouldn't buy it. But it still looks pretty good, Peace!

Back