Statue HCG 1/2 Scale Rambo IV Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The likeness is pretty good, Im not liking the way his Machete looks though.

There you go Rab :

rambo_bust2.jpg
rambo_bust4.jpg

rambo_bust6.jpg
rambo_bust8.jpg

rambo_bust12.jpg
rambo_bust14.jpg

rambo_bust17.jpg

I like it so far. I don't care about the exclusive nameplate so Imight order it from a retailer. I hope we'll see more at SDCC because the white background is a little distracting.

Only thing bothering me is the machette seems too short :

HCGRambo4Knife2.jpg

I guess they chose the same pose from the previous bust to create a "Now and Then" effect.

2942_press01-001.jpg

The overall problem is Rambo's face is not puffy enough. He looks younger. Edinho did an excellent job on the 1/4 and 1/6 scuplts of Rambo (2008) version, but I am not feeling this one.

I actually feel this matches both the statues well. Edinho gets Stallone's likeness but he doesn't quite get the fuller, more squared shape to his face in Rambo 4, they all look more like young Stallone with wrinkles and all.

I'm thinking of getting this and was wondering if some of you can please post some photos from your own since all I see are these stock photos from HGC and is the bust just glued onto the environtmental tree trunk base or is this all one solid piece?

This hasn't shipped yet, due Q4 this year at best, most likely Q1 2012 or later though, based on past HCG release of these items.

thanks Maulfan, is it too early to say if the paint job will be as scary as the Joker bust? are there any new photos besides these prototype samples thanks

New photo posted showing it's size compared to the Sideshow LSB, looks about the height of a PF.

rambo_comparison4.jpg

Sculpt looks better here, love the eyes.

As for the paint quiggle, this will likely be up to the level of the 1/4 statue, clean, decent, nothing bad, but nothing special.

thanks maulfan yeah I saw that photo too they also posted a video doing comparison, its looks weird that they cut the left side like that but I guess its to maintain consistency with the previous one.

so what part of the film is this suppose to represent because there is no bullet hole injury on the left shoulder? and it cant be when he is about to chop the mans head off since he was using left hand. but like others said the shortness of Hibben machete kind if glaring.

I don't think it's meant to be a specific moment, just an artistic depiction, there's no moment in Rambo 2 like the bust. If anything, holding the knife, I'd say it seems most fitting with the moment he cuts off the Burmese soldier's head, just minus the dirt and such on his face.

it just looks a bit odd because he has popeye forearm and the knife looks like a switch blade.

does anyone know if the crucifix is an actual necklace/bracelet that can be worn?

those who decided to order this directly from GHC, did you use the coupon code to get a discount?

Honestly, it's the big E doing the sculpts for HGC, but the 24 inch statue looks so much better and older.

Back