HCG 1:1 Alien Bust!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was never that impressed with this bust, but never vocalized it because of how excited people were...didn't wanna rain on anyones parade...ya know?

now that the cat's outta the bag, you guys DID GOOD cancelling this, for that kind of $$$$ it shold be GREAT and this bust is GOOD. I wouldn't mind this bust on a Life Size Statue, but as a bust itself, it could've been better.

I keep listening to all the criticism of this bust and it scares me to think that it's going to suck, but then I look at the pics and it looks exactly the same as it was supposed to. It doesn't look any different than the origional pics. If you look at the pics that were put on the website from the beginning, it looks exactly the same. I think it looks ____in baddass! I keep hearing the criticism, but to me, you can apply the same criticism to any bust or anything ever made.

#1, the lip is too big. That's the first complaint I heard. If you look at the origional pics, the lip looks exactly the same. Why would you cancel the order based on that? Did you look at the pics when you first decided to put down a grand on this peice?

#2, The skull isn't centered right. Looking at the peice dead on, I wouldn't have noticed that. Then after it was brought to my attention, I think it actually makes the peice look better and more realistic.

#3, the swirl design on the skull looks bad. If you look at the pics of the actual studio prop, it has the same design. You not going to really see it unless you look directly down on top of it. It's not a big deal to me.

#4, my favorite is when people start showing pics of a version of the alien that has slight differences and whine about the inconsistencies. Lets remember that there are many different props and masks that were used in that movie and they weren't 100% the same to begin with. To me it sounds like when the spiderman freaks were complaining that in the movie Toby McGuire didn't design his own web shooter. You sound silly.

#5, as for it being too expensive, how do you figure? It's no more expensive than my sideshow Wolf Pred bust. Every bust costs around $1000. Also consider the size of this badboy. The sheer size of it is a huge part of what makes it such a cool peice. It also makes it costly to build.

Lets remember that were talking about a bust. It's supposed to be something you put up in a room with your collection and people come over and say "Holly ____, look at the ____er!" From the pics I've seen I think it's mission accomplished. I'm going to keep mine.

Last edited:
I keep listening to all the criticism of this bust and it scares me to think that it's going to suck, but then I look at the pics and it looks exactly the same as it was supposed to. It doesn't look any different than the origional pics. If you look at the pics that were put on the website from the beginning, it looks exactly the same. I think it looks ____in baddass! I keep hearing the criticism but to me you can apply criticism to any bust or anything ever made.

#1, the lip is too big. That's the first complaint I heard. If you look at the origional pics, the lip looks exactly the same. Why would you cancel the order based on that? Did you look at the pics when you first decided to put down a grand on this peice?

#2, The skull isn't centered right. Looking at the peice dead on, I wouldn't have noticed that. Then after it was brought to my attention, I think it actually makes the peice look better and more realistic.

#3, the swirl design on the skull looks bad. If you look at the pics of the actual studio prop, it has the same design. You not going to really see it unless you look directly down on top of it. It's not a big deal to me.

#4, my favorite is when people start showing pics of a version of the alien that has slight differences and whine about the inconsistencies. Lets remember that there are many different props and masks that were used in that movie and they weren't 100% the same to begin with. To me it sounds like when the spiderman freaks were complaining that in the movie Toby McGuire didn't design his own web shooter. You sound silly.

#5, as for it being too expensive, how do you figure? It's no more expensive than my sideshow Wolf Pred bust. Every bust costs around $1000. Also consider the size of this badboy. The sheer size of it is a huge part of what makes it such a cool peice. It also makes it costly to build.

Lets remember that were talking about a bust. It's supposed to be something you put up in a room with your collection and people come over and say "Holly ____, look at the ____er!" From the pics I've seen I think it's mission accomplished. I'm going to keep mine.

Hear bloody hear, what i have wanted to say in a nutshell but just haven't had the inclination to say.

Bravo that man :joy

It's supposed to be something you put up in a room with your collection and people come over and say "Holly ____, look at the ____er!"

Well that's where we differ, because I regard a prized collectible as something I want to look at and think "Holly ____, look at the ____er!" And that's why this bust misses for me. Each to their own.

I keep listening to all the criticism of this bust and it scares me to think that it's going to suck, but then I look at the pics and it looks exactly the same as it was supposed to. It doesn't look any different than the origional pics. If you look at the pics that were put on the website from the beginning, it looks exactly the same. I think it looks ____in baddass! I keep hearing the criticism but to me you can apply criticism to any bust or anything ever made.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Ok I agree that the picture you guys keep posting above looks a little funny, but from Amin Ko's photos, this monster looks beautiful. I guess I'm just not as picky and I really don't care if it is movie accurate or not. It looks cool to me. :D

hcgalien13.jpg

Thks
Rgds
Amin Ko

I think it looks good enough to keep as well. Wouldn't have cancelled mine if it and Vader weren't shipping so close together.

Looks F'n amazing to me and I dont care what others think. Im getting mine in next week and Im damn excited!! :chew

I keep listening to all the criticism of this bust and it scares me to think that it's going to suck, but then I look at the pics and it looks exactly the same as it was supposed to. It doesn't look any different than the origional pics. If you look at the pics that were put on the website from the beginning, it looks exactly the same. I think it looks ____in baddass! I keep hearing the criticism, but to me, you can apply the same criticism to any bust or anything ever made.

+1 In other words, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU and thanks for saying it 1st! I've read soooo many complaints from people on this forum and the Statue forum that it's beginning to make me sick. There have been many versions of the Alien creature, including the PredAlien which some people own but I wouldn't because I think the 2 AvP movies ruined the franchise. Personally, I'm looking forward to displaying the HCG Alien head bust alongside my signed Giger Alien head.

Yeah that's cool. I wish I got the Giger Alien when I could have. Damn!

Well, I just received a notice from Movie Replicas Direct indicating that my Alien head bust is being shipped UPS! Thank goodness it's not being shipped USPS because I'm just not sure they're used to handling such large items. Can hardly wait to take some pics of it sitting next to my Giger signed head for comparison!:joy

I got delivery of my Alien Lifesize Statue yesterday and took some photos with and without the flash of the head for you guys. You will not be dissapointed!

Without Flash then with...

29bivzp.jpg

28w5du.jpg

2zjde7m.jpg

es89bc.jpg

wukx9v.jpg

dlnic0.jpg

No.....why??? Did all the talk change your mind?? I remember you were all about it. You even had a countdown.

Because if you haven't learned by now, fury is very fickle!

He needs to change his username to ficklestorm. :monkey5

I cancelled mine a few months ago because I was worried about how it would turn out. Looks like I made the right choice. :monkey3

I can't wait for mine. I'm hoping that USPS didnt' loose it. When I track it it states the following:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on February 11, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later. "

that's 2 days ago!WTF!:horror:banghead

Ther are lots of updated images over at Statue Forum, some good some not so good. I could not go through with it personally, too much just seemed off to me. And I took a $100 bath on the non-refundable deposit too.

Back