HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The red wedding was more shocking to me when I was reading the books. Both Robb and Catelyn were big characters and to go out like that was a big surprise. Then of course it all made sense with Daenerys' vision earlier of a man with a wolf's head wearing the crown. I think this was deleted from the series though, was it not?

The Red Wedding was definitely worse in the book than the show

Book is always more graphic and your mind tends to create that fantastic vision of what the written event may look like.

Good point. I hear people almost always say "the book was/is better." I'm like, well duh, you created the fantastical images with your own bias lol. That being said, some movies are just too complex or poor stories to begin with.

Most Steven King stories work better in live action
I feel the opposite. Most Stephen King films and shows have been disappointments to me, while I love his books. In fact, the best King film of them all--the Shining--works by taking extensive liberties from the source material. But I don't blame that so much on the complexity of the stories, as the fact that the filmmakers didn't have the skills to condense his films down in an effective way. In a case like the Stand, the production values and associated hokieness hurt the TV series. Plus, they pulled some punches for obvious reasons.

I haven't read Misery, though the film was really well done from what I recall.

Looks like we have a bit of a wait.

cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpeg

he’s too busy being a fat ass and eating ice cream.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/game-of-thrones-author-george-rr-martin-gets-anoth/1100-6455921/

While Game of Thrones isn't returning until 2019, this news might make the wait a little easier. Another series based on the works of George RR Martin has been ordered to series on Syfy.

Nightflyers, based on the 1980 Martin novella and the 1987 film, will star Gretchen Mol, Eoin Macken, David Ajala, and Brian F. O'Byrne. An official synopsis of the series reads, "Nightflyers follows eight maverick scientists and a powerful telepath who embark on an expedition to the edge of our solar system aboard The Nightflyer--a ship with a small tightknit crew and a reclusive captain--in the hope of making contact with alien life. But when terrifying and violent events begin to take place they start to question each other--and surviving the journey proves harder than anyone thought."

The story sounds like a complete departure from Game of Thrones. For fans who are unfamiliar with Martin's work outside of the HBO series, Nightflyers was first released in 1980, before being included in a short story collection in 1985.

Martin will serve as executive producer on the new series, alongside Jeff Bruhl (Jacob's Ladder), Gene Kleinn (Suits), David Bartis (Suits), Doug Liman (American Made), and Daniel Cerone (The Blacklist), who will also serve as showrunner. While the series will air on Syfy in the United States, it will be available on Netflix internationally.

A release date for Nightflyers has not been revealed. Place your bets now on whether it will premiere before The Winds of Winter finally arrives in bookstores.

I didn't think the last GOT season was that great. Wait over a year for SIX episodes. It'd be nice to think the delay is because of a book release, but I don't believe any more.

Sassafras;9605921I didn't think the last GOT season was that great. Wait over a year for SIX episodes. It'd be nice to think the delay is because of a book release said:
It wasn't good because they're past A Dance with Dragons and they're making too much up

Back