HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2704.JPG

Only issue I had it the finale was the walker dragon having laser fire breath. How the hell did one dead dragon take out a wall like that in under one minute?!

It's not laser. It's fire but blue instead of yellowish color. And this is a fantasy series, so try not to calculate plz.

So up to the last scene the Walkers were a threat to mankind but could only stay North of the wall? So everything south was safe at this point? Could walkers get past? So in a nutshell Danny"s visit to the north ****ed all of mankind with the slaying of one of her dragons, turning and breaking the wall?

Yes, kidnapping one of the wight have consequences.

Anyway, Cersei is so screwed. Too bad they can't just lure them to King's Landing.

So up to the last scene the Walkers were a threat to mankind but could only stay North of the wall? So everything south was safe at this point? Could walkers get past? So in a nutshell Danny"s visit to the north ****ed all of mankind with the slaying of one of her dragons, turning and breaking the wall?

Only issue I had it the finale was the walker dragon having laser fire breath. How the hell did one dead dragon take out a wall like that in under one minute?!

Did you see how quickly "normal" Dragon fire turned those soldiers to ash? This show is kind of portraying dragon fire as almost nuclear. Taking out a wall made of ice shouldn't be too much of a stretch with what they've established.

And that fact took me a bit out of the scene where the one dragon was killed. The group speculated that killing the king would lead to the destruction of all the zombies. He was right there, holding a spear. Why not send the other dragons over to set him on fire? There's been a few mentions of the fact that Dany could be killed by one stray arrow, but now you've got Night King riding around on his own zombie dragon. One dragon glass arrow could take him out. But the show is probably going to ignore this contradiction. The rational move would be to send the dragons out to kill him, as soon as someone can verify that he was flying around (so you know precisely where he is, it's like wearing a huge bullseye on his back). Thormund and whatshisface probably saw that. Dany's dragons can fly over the other zombies, and stay high enough to avoid the spear hurling generals or whatever.

And that fact took me a bit out of the scene where the one dragon was killed. The group speculated that killing the king would lead to the destruction of all the zombies. He was right there, holding a spear. Why not send the other dragons over to set him on fire? There's been a few mentions of the fact that Dany could be killed by one stray arrow, but now you've got Night King riding around on his own zombie dragon. One dragon glass arrow could take him out. But the show is probably going to ignore this contradiction. The rational move would be to send the dragons out to kill him, as soon as someone can verify that he was flying around (so you know precisely where he is, it's like wearing a huge bullseye on his back). Thormund and whatshisface probably saw that. Dany's dragons can fly over the other zombies, and stay high enough to avoid the spear hurling generals or whatever.

Yeah...As soon as Night King missed that second spear throw, Danny should've gone right over to him and fried him up. Ah well.

As far as the dragon glass thing, we don't yet know if dragon glass will kill him, since that's what was used to create him. Remember, he had a piece of it shoved into his chest. There's a possibility it won't do anything. But I get your main point, I just thought that was an interesting thing to think about.

Yeah...As soon as Night King missed that second spear throw, Danny should've gone right over to him and fried him up. Ah well.

As far as the dragon glass thing, we don't yet know if dragon glass will kill him, since that's what was used to create him. Remember, he had a piece of it shoved into his chest. There's a possibility it won't do anything. But I get your main point, I just thought that was an interesting thing to think about.

Exactly. He is the one that turned Craster's human baby into a Walker. I'm assuming they grow up still but that baby can't be but so old at this point. The other generals I guess you'd call them have not been seen turning living beings into other generals so maybe the Night King is the only one with that power.

Obviously they are showing that the other generals can reanimate the dead. Hence the scene where they all but one drop.

Perhaps NK is immune to dragon glass? Perhaps he can't be killed with dragon fire or Valerian Steel? Perhaps we have yet to see what can kill him. Remember what I said about Lightbringer. The sword of Azor Ahai. It was plunged into the heart of his beloved to become the sword destined to drive back the NK.

GRRM did say the end was going to be bitter sweet. And I'll say this again. What if Jon, or Aegon, has to plunge his sword into Dany's heart for the prophesied sword to work against the NK?

I suspect the Night King will die by Jon's hands in a sword fight, but it could be that there is some fancy sorcery involved there.

On another note, I really liked how they had Jon handle the conflict Cersei presented to him with the truce. Whatever his biology, Jon was brought up by Ned, and can only do the moral thing in that situation. He was self aware of it, as well, in the sense that others have criticized his father for dying because he wouldn't lie or compromise their own beliefs. The scenes with Theon, and with Arya and Sansa also represent Ned's legacy on what is happening now. It's nice knowing that despite everything, the ideals of Ned still loom large, and make a stark (no pun intended) contrast to Cersei.

This was the worst season finale of all:

- So Rhaegar had a girl, Rhaenys and two boys: Aegon and Aegon 2?!

- Jon being a "true" Targaryen was meaningless in season 1 and remains meaningless, unless next season they decide there's a secret army waiting to back some other Targaryen. Spoiler: There's not.

- At least one Lannister should be dead by now, it feels like the producers were aiming at it but didn't dare in the end.

- No Cleganebowl.

I liked how Theon regained a bit of his confidence and the last scene had really awesone visual FX. Those are the only good things I can say about this season finale. Great episodes like The Rains Of Castamere feel so far away now.

*Shrug* I think this season suffered a lot from being so short. Thought there were some good moments, but while don't need everything spelled out for me don't like having to interpolate so much - e.g. having to mentally fill in gaps because the story just cuts stuff out, leaving the audience to fill it in.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well, that's that. Did like Jaimie facing off against the crackpot Cersei tho. Will he ever get it re her "she will be the death of you..."

This season wasn't enough.

Exactly. He is the one that turned Craster's human baby into a Walker. I'm assuming they grow up still but that baby can't be but so old at this point. The other generals I guess you'd call them have not been seen turning living beings into other generals so maybe the Night King is the only one with that power.

Obviously they are showing that the other generals can reanimate the dead. Hence the scene where they all but one drop.

Perhaps NK is immune to dragon glass? Perhaps he can't be killed with dragon fire or Valerian Steel? Perhaps we have yet to see what can kill him. Remember what I said about Lightbringer. The sword of Azor Ahai. It was plunged into the heart of his beloved to become the sword destined to drive back the NK.

GRRM did say the end was going to be bitter sweet. And I'll say this again. What if Jon, or Aegon, has to plunge his sword into Dany's heart for the prophesied sword to work against the NK?

I can absolutely see someone having to be sacrificed. It'll be Danny, Jon or Tyrion.

There was a theory that said NK was Azor Ahai, which could be interesting based on his reason for being created was to defend. But then again there's a theory for each character being Azor Ahai :lol, The one for Hound was most interesting. Born of smoke (his burns) and salt (the battle of black water which was one of the biggest turning points for the character) I would be down for him being the hero in the end. It won't but it would be neat.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I suspect the Night King will die by Jon's hands in a sword fight, but it could be that there is some fancy sorcery involved there.

On another note, I really liked how they had Jon handle the conflict Cersei presented to him with the truce. Whatever his biology, Jon was brought up by Ned, and can only do the moral thing in that situation. He was self aware of it, as well, in the sense that others have criticized his father for dying because he wouldn't lie or compromise their own beliefs. The scenes with Theon, and with Arya and Sansa also represent Ned's legacy on what is happening now. It's nice knowing that despite everything, the ideals of Ned still loom large, and make a stark (no pun intended) contrast to Cersei.

Neds decision to take in John (Aegon) is pretty much the crux of the entire series. What a good guy :lol I admire how well they've been able to keep the ideals of Ned running through the show.

Yes. It was said that the Children helped Bran the Builder, Stark, build the wall with not just ice and stone but with magic as well. Similar to the magic that protected the old Three Eyed Raven's cave beneath the Heart tree. No walker could pass beyond the wall.

That point has had several flaws during the series. The not yet reanimated corpse that attacked Lord Commander Mormont was brought through and still managed to wake and fight Jon. The white they captured and brought to King's Landing was able to stay alive though he most likely passed through the gate then sailed to the Red Keep.

Perhaps the magic has faded. Or perhaps there never was any to begin with. Perhaps now that all the Children, that we know of, died defending Bran their magic is gone with them.

Guess we will find out next season.

*Shrug* I think this season suffered a lot from being so short. Thought there were some good moments, but while don't need everything spelled out for me don't like having to interpolate so much - e.g. having to mentally fill in gaps because the story just cuts stuff out, leaving the audience to fill it in.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well, that's that. Did like Jaimie facing off against the crackpot Cersei tho. Will he ever get it re her "she will be the death of you..."

This season wasn't enough.

Sansa knew Little finger was up to something. When he mentioned Brienne being honor bound to intercede it was him hinting to her that if she wanted to get rid of Arya she would have to send Brienne away first.

She played along with Little Finger so his guard would be down. Brienne gone? Check. Sansa paranoid about Arya? Check. They were playing him the whole time but had to wait for an opportune moment.

I like how it went down but it seemed too short. Little Finger crying and begging for his life was pathetic. Seemed out of character. Should have been a bit more argument but I need to watch it again.

Yes. It was said that the Children helped Bran the Builder, Stark, build the wall with not just ice and stone but with magic as well. Similar to the magic that protected the old Three Eyed Raven's cave beneath the Heart tree. No walker could pass beyond the wall.

That point has had several flaws during the series. The not yet reanimated corpse that attacked Lord Commander Mormont was brought through and still managed to wake and fight Jon. The white they captured and brought to King's Landing was able to stay alive though he most likely passed through the gate then sailed to the Red Keep.

Perhaps the magic has faded. Or perhaps there never was any to begin with. Perhaps now that all the Children, that we know of, died defending Bran their magic is gone with them.

Guess we will find out next season.

The best reasoning I came up with goes back to last season. Remember when Bran was in the tree and the wights couldn't enter because of the magic...but then Bran goes and wargs by himself and the NK touches him which allows the NK to enter and kill the three-eyed raven etc... That could have affected their ability to pass the wall as well. SO because of Bran, they can now pass the wall. Thanks Bran :lol

But I don't know how to reason the stuff that happened in season 1 :lol that's a whoopsie right there. Although did they ever establish the magicness of the wall in the show? I don't quite remember, it may just be a book thing.

I can absolutely see someone having to be sacrificed. It'll be Danny, Jon or Tyrion.

I think it'll be Jaimie. The Hand of the King dies to protect the realm, this time from the fruitcake Ceresi. Kingslayer. That line about Cersei being the death of him. Tyrion will be the last Lannister standing tho maybe Jaimie will ask Tyrion to look after Cersei's baby (IMO baby a wildcard).

Somewhere in there Jaquen H'gar will re-appear and off someone for the good of the realm tho - e.g. Varys said everything he ever did was for the good of the realm. Maybe Jaquen offs Cersei. Or Arya.

I think Jon and Dany will live happily ever after, e.g. Dany's line about how they became lesser - e.g. a golden age of sorts gets ushered in with those two hooking up. And possibly Sansa gets back with Tyrion as with everything she's been through he was one of the few who was truly kind and now she's matured enough to know the value of Tyrion. Tyrion and Sansa end up ruling in the North - maybe.

Back