HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

agreed. Plot armor too strong this season.

Not only that, but I think D&D painted themselves in a corner by saying "we can finish up in 13 episodes". It seems like they're rushing to tell the story. One of the biggest WTF moments for me this season was the pseudo cliffhanger of Jaime sinking into the river after being saved by Bronn. Skip to the next episode, and Bronn and Jaime somehow managed to swim 500 plus feet away from Drogon and the Dothraki, all with Jaime in full plate.

I've defended the show in the past when things happened off screen and had to be sped up, but ravens from Eastwatch making it to Dragonstone and Dany arriving with her dragons was a bit much. I know flying is the fastest method of travel, but that all happened within a day?

Whatever minor faults it has, I still love the show. It'll be interesting to finally read GRRM's ending, as I have not doubt it will be different from what Benioff and Weiss have planned.

Oh, and one of the spin-off series HAS to be about the Iron Island's rebellion. So much has been said of Thoros of Myr charging the breach with his flaming sword, it needs to be immortalized on film.

I hate Ice Maul now.

You mean ice spear? Maul is a 2 hand mace class?

Ice Maul =
CG28H_WUIAEDW03.jpg

Spoiler Spoiler:

Not only that, but I think D&D painted themselves in a corner by saying "we can finish up in 13 episodes". It seems like they're rushing to tell the story. One of the biggest WTF moments for me this season was the pseudo cliffhanger of Jaime sinking into the river after being saved by Bronn. Skip to the next episode, and Bronn and Jaime somehow managed to swim 500 plus feet away from Drogon and the Dothraki, all with Jaime in full plate.

I've defended the show in the past when things happened off screen and had to be sped up, but ravens from Eastwatch making it to Dragonstone and Dany arriving with her dragons was a bit much. I know flying is the fastest method of travel, but that all happened within a day?

Whatever minor faults it has, I still love the show. It'll be interesting to finally read GRRM's ending, as I have not doubt it will be different from what Benioff and Weiss have planned.

Oh, and one of the spin-off series HAS to be about the Iron Island's rebellion. So much has been said of Thoros of Myr charging the breach with his flaming sword, it needs to be immortalized on film.

That's the thing. This whole season was rushed (probably budget constraints or time constraints), and it seems l ike GRRM just gave them an idea of how he intends to end the whole series, but that just leaves a a huge chunk of the story/character development up to the judgement of the script writers. That's the impression im getting from this season. Hope the next season has a more thought out story rather than just one big event leading to the next one for the sake of closure. Probably GRRM should be more involved in making the script as well?

Would never happen, but it would be cool when/if GRRM finishes his last book, HBO goes and films GRRM's version as an alternative ending.

One can only dream.

Episode was solid but reeeeally predictable.......��
Yeah, not much that surprised me last night. If anything, I was surprised at how conservative they were, only killing off no-names, Thoros, Benjy, and one dragon north of the wall. I was pretty sure that red haired dude was going to bite it. And they sure made the audience think it was going to happen for a minute. But then he got miraculously rescued. The fact that a bunch of zombies attacked him for what seemed like about 15 minutes, only for him to get out, while the random guy fell into the zombies and exploded into bloody bits in seconds took some of the drama away for me :lol

Frankly, this season has been really enjoyable. But, the real anxiety of the previous seasons is gone. We see deaths of known characters, but none of them have been all that shocking. And the coincidences and predictable events are piling up, while the show is becoming more and more condensed. The obvious reason for this is the need for the show to wind down of course, but it is jarring in comparison to other seasons. Would have been nice if they had better planned and paced things to this point, so that they wouldn't have Jon, Arya, Jaimie, etc. magically transporting from one end of the earth to the other constantly to keep the show moving forward as it needs to. But I'm guessing Martin didn't have everything planned out early enough to give them that luxury.

Who died by the bear? I'm in Saint Lucia, not good quality tv couldn't make t out :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thoros, the guy who raised the other guy with the flaming sword from the dead.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Given all the magic stuff in this show, with people being brought back from the dead, frost zombies, dragons, etc., I don't see any reason they couldn't reverse Dany's ailment if the writers wanted to. But it was interesting hearing Tyrion discussing a success plan last night.

Anyone else cry over Viserion? I knew it was coming but it was horrible to watch :(

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I don't get worked up over cartoon or CG characters usually, though there was an exception in the movie Up.

Much of the story and dialogue this season feels like Dorne all over again. It's just that the rest is stuff we've been longing for years to see, so that kind of negates the bad. I mean all negativity I feel is almost washed away by the death of the sand snakes alone. I guess I have very mixed feelings about this season. :lol

Same here. The shows are enjoyable. I still look forward to seeing them. It's great seeing the scores of long awaited reunions and first time meetings of major characters that have been anticipated for so long. It's cool seeing the realization of the wight threat by everyone. It's cool seeing the fragile coalition that is being formed.

But it does seem so rushed compared to other seasons, that it lacks some of the depth and dramatic weight you would typically expect because of it. For how many seasons were we just following Arya traveling around in the woods, trying to get from point A to point B. Now, people are just flying around like it's no big deal. This actually feels more like a traditional film or TV show, relative to what previous seasons gave us, which a the long, drawn out epic. Of course, some found fault in the previous seasons for that reason, but I appreciated it and prefer it to what we're seeing now.

Like last episode where they all went from Dragonstone to King's Landing back to Dragonstone and then up to Eastwatch all in the span of one episode?

Honestly I wouldn't have minded an entire episode of Jon and crew stuck on that rock while they wait for salvation. Good chance for the plot to slow down a bit.

I know some people prediticed that Jon would give Longclaw to Jorah, which he did, but Jorah refused.

I think, however, that Sam will give his sword to Jorah. Sam won't need it and he already has a connection with Jorah.

It looks like we now have our three dragon riders: Dany, Jon (eventually), and the Night King. It makes even further sense that Jon would ride Rhaegal, seeing that it's named after his father.
I read somewhere else where it was mentioned that the three riders tie into the "song of ice and fire", as Dany is fire, the Night King is ice, and Jon is a blend of both.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Like last episode where they all went from Dragonstone to King's Landing back to Dragonstone and then up to Eastwatch all in the span of one episode?

Honestly I wouldn't have minded an entire episode of Jon and crew stuck on that rock while they wait for salvation. Good chance for the plot to slow down a bit.

Yup. To the show's credit though, there were a lot of "small" scenes that served to further the characters personalities and slow things down a bit. I enjoyed the scenes between Jon and Jorah, Jorah and Thoros, and Tormund and the Hound.

I know some people prediticed that Jon would give Longclaw to Jorah, which he did, but Jorah refused.

I think, however, that Sam will give his sword to Jorah. Sam won't need it and he already has a connection with Jorah.

Or Beric Dondarrion, especially after his speech to Jon about the reason they were brought back from the dead was perhaps so that he and Jon could confront the Night king and the White Walkers. Beric's sword was destroyed when he fought the Hound and the Hound cleaved his sword (and Beric) in half...so it stands to believe that he can do the "flaming sword trick" with any weapon. Imagine Beric Dondarrion with a flaming Valyrian steel blade...Heartsbane.

And as for the Darth Maul/Night King similarities...imagine if the climax features Jon Snow and Beric Dondarrion versus the Night King a la Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi versus Darth Maul :lol.

Night King's a bit of a dandy, complete with bald-and-bearded valet.

So how many of those long white haired lieutenants does he have? He's always seen with three, yet one was killed in "The Door" and then there was another one leading that pack last night. So when one dies, just Night King just promote another one to his 'trio'?

Night King's a bit of a dandy, complete with bald-and-bearded valet.

So how many of those long white haired lieutenants does he have? He's always seen with three, yet one was killed in "The Door" and then there was another one leading that pack last night. So when one dies, just Night King just promote another one to his 'trio'?

Not many good things can be said about the Night King, but at least he promotes from within.:lol

Back