HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find myself hating Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson (had to copy paste that btw)

And mourning Pedro Pascal.

Like if it actually happened :dunno

Me too. I feel pain in my chest when I think of that moment. That photo of him alive and well doesn't help, gosh dammit.

I felt the shows redefinition was better than the book. I dunno how it was for you when you read the books but he just came off as a stiff; a jerk. I like fun party guy Oberyn.

Yes, fun party guy Oberyn was much more entertaining....which I totally get that they needed for the show. There are so many characters - they needed him to stand out to be noticed...and of course they want the audience to like him - so his death is all the more powerful.

This is why I won't read them until the show is over (although I don't think I was as impressed with Pascal as you were :lol).

I don't regret reading them...I'm actually excited to see the next few events unfold on screen. :D

Not impressed with Pascal? He's an acrobatic warrior who tells it like it is and loves the sexy time! What's not to love!? :lol I'm actually most impressed that he was able to take a relatively minor character from the book series (of which there are so damn many) and make him very, very memorable.

Just read the first four books on vacation and loved them. The show's deviated enough from the books now that I'd say it's an alternate version of the same tale (especially in regards to events at/past the Wall, Dany and Ramsey Snow -- though there's lots else besides), so there's still a lot to look forward to, regardless of having read them or not (will be picking up book 5 later today). Was nice to catch-up on the show, too, having gotten past it via the books (Pascal did an amazing job w/Oberyn - wish the character had a bigger role in the books so that we could've gotten more of him). Very much looking forward to seeing how things conclude over the next two episodes as there is a ton to cover, yet.

Anyone heard if the season might end with...

Spoiler Spoiler:

That is where I am hoping it ends.

This is why I won't read them until the show is over (although I don't think I was as impressed with Pascal as you were :lol).

I would at least start reading everything that has come to past. You could start with game of thrones, then a clash of kings, and a storm of swords.

I think that will be next episode.

Having just read book 3, I think the big shocker will be the introduction of...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Forget where I read it, but the show runners said Ep 10 will be the big show this year and not 9. While the event you mention above is very important, I think the other is more shocking. In the book it occurs in the epilogue, so I think they'll hew pretty close to it in the show.

Last edited:
Yeah I knew about the other thing too. I seem to remember the actress who plays Cercei posted a picture on twitter of a

Spoiler Spoiler:

So I would be surprised if that wasn't part of the finale.

I think that will be next episode.

Having just read book 3, I think the big shocker will be the introduction of...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Forget where I read it, but the show runners said Ep 10 will be the big show this year and not 9. While the event you mention above is very important, I think the other is more shocking. In the book it occurs in the epilogue, so I think they'll hew pretty close to it in the show.

It's like if it happens ... you know? We still haven't met ...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I would at least start reading everything that has come to past. You could start with game of thrones, then a clash of kings, and a storm of swords.
Totally agree. It's very interesting seeing what was altered in the show to accommodate the series format. There are tons of differences to make note of and really it makes the show seem that much more of an accomplishment having read them, now. I was sceptical of the show when I first saw it teased, years ago (generally anything set in a medieval/fantasy setting on TV has been poor, in my experience, with cheap production values and lousy acting) and would've been even more so, had I read the books prior. They've done a phenomenal job with abridging the books, production values and casting.

Only nit I'm feeling at the moment is that Vargo Hoat/Locke's end in the books is far better than how he was handled in the show and I would've liked to have seen more of his Bloody Mummers/Brave Companions as they've been more or less excised from the show and aren't as memorable as in the books. Also I think Ramsey Snow's introduction in the books was stronger than how it was handled in the show.

The Red Wedding, on the other hand, was an example of how the show was tightened up over the books. It's far more shocking and disturbing than depicted in the books, primarily due to (going to spoiler tag this just in case, though pretty sure it's been discussed)...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah I knew about the other thing too. I seem to remember the actress who plays Cercei posted a picture on twitter of a

Spoiler Spoiler:

So I would be surprised if that wasn't part of the finale.
Cool, didn't know that. Nice to get a little teaser to confirm that the character will be included in the show, unlike the one Kibagami mentions.

It's like if it happens ... you know? We still haven't met ...

Spoiler Spoiler:
I think he still might make it in. How it's introduced in the books is pretty forgettable, so I could see them saving it for later.

Wish hadn't read.
Yeah, I'd be bummed if I was trying to avoid big spoilers and read that, too. I feel for ya, a-dev!

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd be bummed if I was trying to avoid big spoilers and read that, too. I feel for ya, a-dev!

Not his fault of course. Just oftentimes what people put in spoiler tags can be pretty insignificant or is a name that hasn't been encountered yet and so means nothing to me. That one was pretty significant though. :lol

I think he still might make it in. How it's introduced in the books is pretty forgettable, so I could see them saving it for later.

I hope we get to see him at the end of this season along with your prediction. Would be quite the season cliffhanger.

Not his fault of course. Just oftentimes what people put in spoiler tags can be pretty insignificant or is a name that hasn't been encountered yet and so means nothing to me. That one was pretty significant though. :lol

:( I feel for you. I was spoiled about the Red Wedding. But that didn't involve a spoiler tag. Just someone being thoughtless. :mad:

But hey, it made me decide to read the books. I would rather be spoiled by those than by internet pricks. :lol

:( I feel for you. I was spoiled about the Red Wedding. But that didn't involve a spoiler tag. Just someone being thoughtless. :mad:

But hey, it made me decide to read the books. I would rather be spoiled by those than by internet pricks. :lol

:duff

This show has the power to shock even when you know what's about to unfold. So I expect it won't have been ruined for me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't quite right for a day or so after that fight. My Wife and I both had the same expression as Tyrion when the credits rolled.:lol Maybe GOT should have bloopers and outtakes during the ending credits to lighten things up a bit.:rotfl

I'm a huge fan of horror and the pretend gore and violence never phases me, but as someone mentioned earlier - this was done so brutally and realistically that I couldn't help being stunned. Of course I had to re-watch the fight scene the next day and I realized that I missed Oberyn's teeth go flying after The Mountain grabs and then hits him.:horror Damn, what an awesome show.

Plus seeing his woman watch uncomfortably. Felt sorry for her.

That's part of what made it so real, the acting is top notch and there's so much time put into the character development that it's easier to get attatched. In most Horror movies the maniac-killer is usually doing society a favor by thinning the herd of a few dumb-a$$es.:lol

Back