HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that want to learn what's ahead for GoT, here are descriptions for the first seven episodes.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The second episode was awesome but
Spoiler Spoiler:

I've only read the first book and it was so long ago, I only really remember the main parts but so far this show is really living up to the hype. The production values are great, the acting is great and other than a few small changes from the actual book, it's closely following the storyline.

I'm enjoying Camelot but honestly this show is better in almost every aspect, if they could have given Eva Green a part then I'd be hard pressed to watch Camelot live.

Evan

I just realized that Drogo is going to be the new Conan this summer, which makes me much less worried about the movie. Not completely unworried, but I like this actor so far for what he is - a barbarian.

I like how they are handling Drogo and Daenerys relationship. Had Drogo come into it too loving, it would have felt weird - he's a barbarian, where did he learn this touchy feely crap? Instead, it will be Daenerys that brings about his subtle change - he'll become softer from her, she'll become harder from him, and as a pair they'll be better than either was alone.

And the girl playing Arya and the boy playing Joffrey MUST be in Hunger Games. They'd be absolutely perfect casting as participants, and I suspect they are going to both be great characters on this show.

Thought that guy looked familiar. At least he is a big guy.

As for Hunger Games, I'm still curious how they are going to pull off a movie where kids are killing kids in brutal ways. . .

I know nothing about the books, but caught both episodes over the weekend and absolutely love it!

Sean Bean is perfectly cast and the girl that plays Daenerys is gorgeous!

No comments on last night's episode? It was great! I finally had some time to get rolling on the first book, but I'm not caught up to the show yet. Still, the book is adding a lot of valuable background that really adds to your enjoyment of the show - I highly recommend reading it if you have time.

The third episode was great. I loved the scenes with Arya. She is such an awesome character :D

Spoiler Spoiler:

Does the daenerys plot line improve dramatically? I find it quite the weak link in this otherwise stellar show. Very boring tbh.

Every time we switch away from a ned stark or Jon snow story arc to the grassy savanna its a real downer.

They should show more of the Tom boy kid and less of that blonde queen because the stark kids vs lannister kid storyline is more interesting than the barbarian queen storylinie.

Does the daenerys plot line improve dramatically? I find it quite the weak link in this otherwise stellar show. Very boring tbh.

Every time we switch away from a ned stark or Jon snow story arc to the grassy savanna its a real downer.

They should show more of the Tom boy kid and less of that blonde queen because the stark kids vs lannister kid storyline is more interesting than the barbarian queen storylinie.

It does get better in the books, but it is one of the slower moving plots.

I'm enjoying the show more and more with each episode. It wasn't until this week's that I found myself taking real interest in the characters. And there are a lot of them.

I thought the sword lesson scene with Arya was very well done; Sean Bean's reactions were great.

I just bought the book box set off eBay, btw. I'm looking forward to reading them after the first season is over.

The Books are great. You will enjoy them a lot more than the TV show. Just don't read them too quickly though. 2 more books are scheduled to be written by Martin and if the previous two books are any indication, it might take good 10+ years for the series to finish up.:(

Back