HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, there were signs Dany could go dark side. But the audience couldn't help but root for her considering how she was treated in the beginning and how she built herself into a strong and respected Queen across the Narrow Sea.

Plus it was either Jorah or Barristan or Tyrion that helped keep her in check. But after losing Barristan, Jorah, 2 of her children and Messendei ...and always losing to Cersei once she got to Westeros ...and losing Jon as her lover ...and losing her claim to the Iron Throne ...well 5h!t, it's no wonder she went dark side. I would've gone dark side just because I lost 2 badass dragons.

The fact that the audience was rooting for her ...and then she goes "Mad King" ...just makes more of an impact to the audience storytelling wise.

And gotta admit ...was freakin awesome watching Drogon take down Kings Landing! That was DOPE!
Didn't anyone want Dany to prove them all wrong and not become her father? There were signs she could go that way, but also signs that she was aware of her father's legacy and did not want that for herself.

Dany didn't need to win the throne, I never expected that she would. I didn't think they needed to make her a villain either considering they already had the NK and Cersei.

I guess they always had it in mind for Jon and Dany to be against each other and of course Jon has always been the hero, so Dany must therefore become the villain.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dani's season 2 dream...

It's not snow...its ash

Dani's dream - not snow, its ash season 2.jpg

I don't know how it's all going to end but I'd like it now since Dannys gone 'psycho' for it to go all the way and end rather like the Godfather part 3 (I think) when Michael Corrilloni is attending a wedding/christening and it inter-cuts with all his enemy's being assassinated in various ways you have Danny giving a rousing 'peace in our time' speech inter-cut with unsullied assassins bumping off Sansa, Bran, Aryia and everyone else, then as a finale having John appear from the shadows sword drawn ready to make the killing blow only to be eaten by the dragon leaving her to rule supreme and unopposed happily ever after.

I don't know how it's all going to end but I'd like it now since Dannys gone 'psycho' for it to go all the way and end rather like the Godfather part 3 (I think) when Michael Corrilloni is attending a wedding/christening and it inter-cuts with all his enemy's being assassinated in various ways you have Danny giving a rousing 'peace in our time' speech inter-cut with unsullied assassins bumping off Sansa, Bran, Aryia and everyone else, then as a finale having John appear from the shadows sword drawn ready to make the killing blow only to be eaten by the dragon leaving her to rule supreme and unopposed happily ever after.

I still want Varys to have hired Jaquen to get rid of Dany (like when he took off his rings he was leaving payment). "Death is certain, the time is not". Tyrion gets back together with Sansa and they rule the Iron Throne. Jon goes back to Winterfell. Arya changes her mind since her list is finished. Drogon flies free.

But seeing how this series is going don't have a lot of hope. Oh, for the good ol' days when Tyrion slapped Joffrey:cool:

This thread is like a microcosm of how negativity thrives on the internet. When the show wasn't controversial, ie, not subverting expectations, there was very little traffic on this topic. A episode would come out, people would comment and it would die down after a day or two. Throw in a twist that many don't like, or leave a coffee cup (that almost nobody noticed when they watched the show) in a shot and this pages explodes like wild fire, pun intended.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don’t know, I think for the most part the criticisms have been more or less measured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know, I think for the most part the criticisms have been more or less measured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are valid criticisms, just like any thread. But when I go in here, or social media and see people foaming at the mouth about a coffee cup, it gets to be a bit much

This thread is like a microcosm of how negativity thrives on the internet. When the show wasn't controversial, ie, not subverting expectations, there was very little traffic on this topic. A episode would come out, people would comment and it would die down after a day or two. Throw in a twist that many don't like, or leave a coffee cup (that almost nobody noticed when they watched the show) in a shot and this pages explodes like wild fire, pun intended.

I'm with you 100% on this. Maybe it's because I'm from a different generation, but all the micro analysis of every detail, and the vocal audience being so loud with their negative opinions on movies and shows nowadays just seems to create this vacuum that sucks the pure enjoyment people used to get out of movies. I miss the days when people were able to dismiss negative things and still find enjoyment.

As far as season 8 goes, I've been enjoying it just as much as ever. Yeah there's issues for sure, for me mainly it's been the battle strategy stuff. Dany's turn to madness was something I've expected for quite a while, so that's ok with me. Everything else, Cersei's death, the Cleganes, etc.. has all been great for me. I like when shows do hings I don't expect, and season 8 has certainly done a lot of that.

I'll disagree. Although for sure there's a lot of road rage on the 'net. To me it feels like things are more forced, and rushed. Characters acting out of character. I've read the books as well and for sure the last two think George Martin started wandering.

Good writing is very hard work. But I don't know what's up with the truncated seasons, or sense in the show that things are either being thrown on screen at times or - like with the very long burning of King's Landing - it went on long enough to me it started to feel like filler. I don't care about a coffee cup - Braveheart isn't ruined for me either re the scene with the delivery truck in the background:cool:. I didn't even notice until the 'net pointed it out.

I think some folks like me are just disappointed, that's all. There have been plenty of times I thought the show was handling things even better than the books. Now I guess I can go back to looking forward to the books, which may be very different than the series - except I've really given up on Martin ever finishing.:(

I'm with you 100% on this. Maybe it's because I'm from a different generation, but all the micro analysis of every detail, and the vocal audience being so loud with their negative opinions on movies and shows nowadays just seems to create this vacuum that sucks the pure enjoyment people used to get out of movies. I miss the days when people were able to dismiss negative things and still find enjoyment.

As far as season 8 goes, I've been enjoying it just as much as ever. Yeah there's issues for sure, for me mainly it's been the battle strategy stuff. Dany's turn to madness was something I've expected for quite a while, so that's ok with me. Everything else, Cersei's death, the Cleganes, etc.. has all been great for me. I like when shows do hings I don't expect, and season 8 has certainly done a lot of that.
Absolutely! Discussion can be fun, but this constant drumbeat of negativity, and not just on GOT, really feels more like people trying to suck the life out of others enjoyment. Social media has changed the world, and not for the better.

Absolutely! Discussion can be fun, but this constant drumbeat of negativity, and not just on GOT, really feels more like people trying to suck the life out of others enjoyment. Social media has changed the world, and not for the better.

Agreed, Social Media was inevitable, but I cant stand it personally. The negative effects of it far outweigh the positive in my opinion. When I see things like 400,000 people signing a poll to make HBO redo season 8 because they don't like it, makes it all too clear that we're living in an entitled generation, and folks have all but forgotten how to let go and just take this stuff for what it is: a little fantasy escape from our regular lives, and as such is not to be taken that seriously.

Social media has changed the world, and not for the better.

Absolutely agree with you two!

My wife and I are going to make a day of celebrating the final episode this weekend. A nice sit down dinner prior to the gearing up for the final episode. Maybe we'll even watch E5 again just to build up our giddy sensations!

She came up with an intriguing theory of her own about the ending.... She thinks the shock twist is that Jon Snow will be evil and the "prince that has been promised..." is meaning the prince of darkness. She pointed out things to me throughout the previous seasons which makes her think so. Ghost with the red eyes and separate from the other pups that were found in S1 was his protector as one of many indicators she listed. Plus his unexplained resurrection, etc... And that the 7 deadly sins will also come into play too. I simply told her we will know for sure in just 3 more days.....

Absolutely agree with you two!

My wife and I are going to make a day of celebrating the final episode this weekend. A nice sit down dinner prior to the gearing up for the final episode. Maybe we'll even watch E5 again just to build up our giddy sensations!

She came up with an intriguing theory of her own about the ending.... She thinks the shock twist is that Jon Snow will be evil and the "prince that has been promised..." is meaning the prince of darkness. She pointed out things to me throughout the previous seasons which makes her think so. Ghost with the red eyes and separate from the other pups that were found in S1 was his protector as one of many indicators she listed. Plus his unexplained resurrection, etc... And that the 7 deadly sins will also come into play too. I simply told her we will know for sure in just 3 more days.....

Nice man, see that's the kind of positive stimulation these shows should bring to folks!

I watch every Sunday with a buddy, and we do the same type of thing. Hang out for a bit before the show discussing what we think might happen, watch the show, then watch the featurette afterwards, then hang out for a bit more and talk about what we thought of the episode. It's made it a really fun season for me, and makes me look forward to Sunday might even more!

Youtube is a battleground right now for who can be the most negative about GoT. And everything 'failed' or 'is dead' or this 'killed' whatever show/movie/franchise.

Back