HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They made her super human...she's not super human.

Faceless men? That’s a super power if I’ve ever seen one. You have your opinion I have mine. I thought it was ****ing amazing and the best episode of tv I have eve seen. Better than endgame to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, you were paying attention just fine...they never explained it.

Oh... in that case, what a crap episode! :lol

But seriously... the entire series started off with "winter is coming" and the whole thing around the White Walkers and the Night King, sure, there were all the plot twists and the political intrigue and family feuds, but shouldn't there be better closure for what was the central plot point of the series? At least, I thought it was the central plot point...

Whatever, I'll enjoy these few remaining episodes, I suppose there's still time to explain the whole thing with some choice exposition scenes.

BTW, am I the only one who thought Bran would end up being the Night King?

It was ok. Could barely see a damn thing tbh

The transition shots were done purposely, to get you “lost in the storm” at all the different battles that were going on... At least my thought

BTW, am I the only one who thought Bran would end up being the Night King?

No, Bran and Night King are the opposite forces.

And the idea of Arya as being superhuman is plain stupid. she can kill as much as most and she took a blow and was bleeding and ran away with the best of 'em. Jon doesn't have to be the big hero. On the other hand, in the world where there's giants, undead, magic, etc., maybe she got her no-one/assassin game up.

Best episode of GOT ever!!

No, Bran and Night King are the opposite forces.

And the idea of Arya as being superhuman is plain stupid. she can kill as much as most and she took a blow and was bleeding and ran away with the best of 'em. Jon doesn't have to be the big hero. On the other hand, in the world where there's giants, undead, magic, etc., maybe she got her no-one/assassin game up.

Best episode of GOT ever!!

Agree with everything said here

Awesome episode, however...

Did I miss something or do we still not know who the Night King is, where he came from, why he came now, will he (or something like him) come again in a thousand years?

I probably wasn’t paying attention, right?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Have to say they really dropped the ball on this episode. Most of the episode you couldn’t even see what was going on. Very disappointing. Incredibly stupid for them to build this episode up and release it the same weekend as Endgame. Marvel totally schooled them on battles. Battle of the Bastards is still the best battle of the series. This easily would have been but instead they just basically used the HBO static them as a filter for the whole episode:lol

Most of the battle was CQB. I thought it was very realistic and very well done.

Really good episode imo. Great tension, some nice story resolutions e.g. Davos and the witch. I liked Arya's role here. But, I should also say that things were pretty unsurprising overall, and that is pretty un GOT- like. None of the deaths were all that surprising. And this makes me think Martin is pretty uninvolved in things at this point. Watching the language in the behind the scenes segment reinforced this as the showrunners talk through their decision making process. And because it was so conventional, the episode doesn't seem as important and compelling as it could have been imo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Good/borderline great episode...some thoughts, and in consideration of others:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Awesome episode, however...

Did I miss something or do we still not know who the Night King is, where he came from, why he came now, will he (or something like him) come again in a thousand years?

I probably wasn’t paying attention, right?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Spoiler Spoiler:

Edit:***Whoops, someone beat me to it.

Last edited:
While the battle was hard to see, I think it did a great job of illustrating the chaos and fog of war.

There were a lot of things I really liked about the episode, including
Spoiler Spoiler:

I do agree with karamazov80 in that it didn't feel as unpredictable and wrenching as previous episodes where Martin was more involved.

We have 3 episodes to wrap up the Cersei business and who knows who survives that? I think that may be the real bloodbath to come.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Good/borderline great episode...some thoughts, and in consideration of others:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Podrick was fighting beside Brienne. Not sure if he survive. Jon just ignore Sam's call for help, lol.

Amazing, epic episode. The way the elements--the darkness of night, the blinding wind and snow--played into making the episode a story of absolute chaos and horror made the episode for me. This was a full on horror show that put the last several seasons of The Walking Dead to shame. The loss of so many characters that we loved even though we knew it was coming was just soul shattering. Everything here was earned. Just like Endgame. Everything here was built up for years and this was the payoff and what a payoff it was. That scene with Arya made me scream at the top of my lungs and I'm hoarse again just like I was after doing the same for the last hour of Endgame Thursday night. WOW!!! That really happened. I have no idea where the hell they go from here.

Yeah calling Arya a Mary Sue just tells me that you don’t know what that term means so you use it to describe any female character you dislike.

Agreed. Arya has been like the spine of this show for years. Her journey led us to that moment. Calling her a Mary Sue is so off point and disingenuous it's not even funny. Its pure ****ing idiocy honestly.

Agreed. Arya has been like the spine of this show for years. Her journey led us to that moment. Calling her a Mary Sue is so off point and disingenuous it's not even funny. Its pure ****ing idiocy honestly.
Agree 100%

The exact opposite of a Mary Sue.

As a matter of fact, I was surprised by how close to death she came, I thought they'd make her an even more relentless killing machine. But that last scene of hers un - ****ing - believable! In a good way.

Phenomenal, at times (intentionally) confusing episode.

I nearly thought Jon was a goner.

I had a strong feeling going in, that this episode would see the death of the NK, but I was really starting to think I was wrong as the episode reached its final minutes.

Now it's time to fulfill Cersei's prophecy!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back