HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also liked Drogon flying off without explanation. Maybe one day he returns to torch Bronn's whorehouses, maybe eventually he seeks out the last Targaryen alive, and maybe he is never seen again. I just think it's cool that he is out there, somewhere....and everyone knows it.

I did like that part. There were some good moments here and there. But gotta agree with the YT vid reviewer (laffed my &ss off esp. about the big friggin' hole in the wall - like huge gaping hole) this was lazy, rushed, writing - and a frequently boring episode. Waste of the actors tho hafta admire Kit Harington for grimly being able to hang onto an anxious, tormented face for like 45 minutes. He's getting an HT fig and they won't even need a switch-out sculpt.

Hmmmm. An island full of eunuchs and violent horny savages with no sexual outlet.

Not hard to see where this is gonna go.

How do you say "Fire Island" in Dothraki?

Seems like conundrum the writers didn't have much an answer to. The Unsullied sail off to an island to what...age as a population and cease to exist? The Dothraki presumably take the land offered to peacefully settle down and stop nomadic conquering?

:p

got_ou_kinder.jpg

gameofthronestigara.jpg

gameofthronesdorei.jpg

For me it was a boring-ass ending that really needed a wtf death to capture the imagination again. The last jaw-dropping death for me was Littlefinger's, just as I was wondering whether he'd smooth-talk his way out of another pickle. Failing Tyrion having his throat cut before the heads of Westeros, the show could have fast-forwarded 40 years and shown Tyrion's death, in his own bed, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around his koch.

I guess they thought killing Dani would be the shocker. Or maybe it was killing the Iron Throne.

So if Jon killed Dany, shouldn't they instantly become HIS army of loyal followers?

That's actually a good point. Not only did Jon kill the Khaleesi, but he also scared away the dragon. He'd be a god to the Dothraki.

That should have been a plot point -- that the Dothraki and the Unsullied couldn't come to terms about what to do with Jon, so they leave it up to The Council. Not sure why, but OK...

Things that didn’t make a difference:
View attachment 454711

Actually I would argue that most of those things did actually make a difference and contribute during the course of the story. They just didn't have much of a big part of the end of the story (Jon's heritage certainly did though). The golden company was a bloated joke, which reflects a lot of what goes on in real life as well.

That should have been a plot point -- that the Dothraki and the Unsullied couldn't come to terms about what to do with Jon, so they leave it up to The Council. Not sure why, but OK...

My thought on why Greyworm didn't kill John - he's just a soldier carrying out Dani's orders (e.g., killing the surrendered Lannister soliders). No Dani = no discretion to kill anyone. His refusal to release Jon, however, cuts against this point (i.e., he uses discretion to demand justice).

When Dany killed all the Khals at once in that silly hut burning scene, the remaining Dothraki pledged allegiance to her cause their society values strength above all else.

So if Jon killed Dany, shouldn't the instantly become HIS army of loyal followers?

I don't think cowardly stabbing your lover without their knowledge until its too late counts. Its the same as a back stab or poison.

Oh my heavens above, this!!
This x1,000!!! This would’ve solved so many problems!
Why didn’t the writers think of it!?!?:

BC4A643B-2E5C-4AE3-A611-2D88E3A60482.jpeg

Don't think Jon would have asked for trial by combat. He himself wasn't sure if he did the right thing killing Daenerys since he asked Tyrion about it. Seems like he was more resigned to whatever fate was accorded to him.

Back