HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I have to live with this ending, they could have at least opened Dani's eyes in the claws of Drogon and turned them blue. mic drop.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Oh man, I'm so glad they DIDN'T do that and make it yet another cliche ending.

I liked it. Nice ending for the surviving characters, beautiful imagery, fantastic music.

My only issue was this

Could do a lot of critiquing and nitpicking of course, but the one thing that stands out for me is why Jon was allowed to live by Dany's fanatical followers after she died.

I can't imagine the Dothraki Berserkers and the Unsullied Killing Machine were all "Yeah, let's stick him in a cell and convene a meeting".

Yep. Previous scenes in this very episode dictated that Jon would have been a dead man once it was discovered what he had done. Somehow he isn't killed and instead ends up in a cell. OK. But we should have seen how that happened. The time-jump immediately after Dany's death was a bit of a cop-out.

And oh yeah, the fact that Tyrion was able to find Jamie and Cersei under a few bricks - as others have said, it suggests that they were just very unlucky in where they happened to be standing. This guy could have stood unharmed off to the side going

Well, anyway, it was still another powerful scene for Peter Dinklage who was outstanding. He brought the tears for me once again with his performance.

As far as who sits on the throne at the end - I didn't make any predictions nor did I have any particular hope as to who it would be so I just accept it. I'm easy with that one.

I don't understand the need by so many to know where Drogon and dead Dani went to. I really don't.

Nor do I understand the need for someone -- anyone -- to pop up with blue eyes.

I don't understand the need by so many to know where Drogon and dead Dani went to. I really don't.

Nor do I understand the need for someone -- anyone -- to pop up with blue eyes.

I would've been satisfied if they stumbled on one of those rock formations the WW's made as they went into the forest and ended there. We know some how, some way, the WW were gone and then came back. We don't know how or why...…??

Making Bran king seems to be a lot like making Dr. Manhatten president. Sure he may be all seeing and all knowing, but he seems completely unconcerned with human affairs and the value of human life, and seems like his distant unemotional demeanor would quickly alienate a lot of people.

But hey, he does come included with his own chair, so they don't have to worry about building a new throne for him. So there's a savings I guess.

Bran as the raven doesn't seem like someone who has empathy to me. It's a important trait to have as a ruler. Otherwise, your just a smart robot.

Hmm, 2 things that ended up not having much, if any, significance - Bran's warging session during the Battle of Winterfel and Varys writing those letters in Episode 5.

Making Bran king seems to be a lot like making Dr. Manhatten president. Sure he may be all seeing and all knowing, but he seems completely unconcerned with human affairs and the value of human life, and seems like his distant unemotional demeanor would quickly alienate a lot of people.

But hey, he does come included with his own chair, so they don't have to worry about building a new throne for him. So there's a savings I guess.

Bran's whole reason for being is out of concern for the human race. I don't understand. Just because he doesn't outwardly emote means he's completely unconcerned?

Bran's whole reason for being is out of concern for the human race. I don't understand. Just because he doesn't outwardly emote means he's completely unconcerned?

It means his vague, unemotional ramblings are somewhat off putting and unlikely to come off as compassionate to his subjects. Until the last episode, he didn't even identify as Bran Stark anymore.
After he gives a speech, I doubt the first thought on the crowd's mind will be "there's a king who understands my grievances". Probably more confusion and rumblings amongst themselves about whatever ominous prophesy they just heard out of a king who can't even be bothered to attend his council meetings for more than 5 seconds. Probably a sense of confusion as to who put the creepy kid in charge. I imagine it being alot like that scene from Watchmen where Dr. Manhattan went on the talk show.

And if there is one thing that the characters of Stannis and Margery taught us, is that rulers who are loved have a much easier time keeping the peace vs ones who no one likes and constantly have their authority questioned.

Last edited:
If I have to live with this ending, they could have at least opened Dani's eyes in the claws of Drogon and turned them blue. mic drop.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Oh man...that would have been the worst thing ever...it would not have even made any sense...a nonsensical homage to the end of Michael Jackson's Thriller video perhaps...goes to show as bad as anyone thinks something is it could have always been worse...

I also liked Drogon flying off without explanation. Maybe one day he returns to torch Bronn's whorehouses, maybe eventually he seeks out the last Targaryen alive, and maybe he is never seen again. I just think it's cool that he is out there, somewhere....and everyone knows it.

For me it was a boring-ass ending that really needed a wtf death to capture the imagination again. The last jaw-dropping death for me was Littlefinger's, just as I was wondering whether he'd smooth-talk his way out of another pickle. Failing Tyrion having his throat cut before the heads of Westeros, the show could have fast-forwarded 40 years and shown Tyrion's death, in his own bed, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around his koch.

When Dany killed all the Khals at once in that silly hut burning scene, the remaining Dothraki pledged allegiance to her cause their society values strength above all else.

So if Jon killed Dany, shouldn't the instantly become HIS army of loyal followers?

Lol, the Dothrakis... good at cavalry charging to certain death and woo-hooing from the cheap seats.

When Dany killed all the Khals at once in that silly hut burning scene, the remaining Dothraki pledged allegiance to her cause their society values strength above all else.

So if Jon killed Dany, shouldn't the instantly become HIS army of loyal followers?

I thought Dany made them all her blood riders so if she dies doesn't that mean they all have to pop their Dothraki cyanide pills? Perhaps why they aren't on the boat with Greyworm?

I thought Dany made them all her blood riders so if she dies doesn't that mean they all have to pop their Dothraki cyanide pills? Perhaps why they aren't on the boat with Greyworm?
There were some of them walking on the docks when Greyworm and the Unsullied were preparing to set sail. I gather they ended up taking the land that was on offer. Or perhaps they ended up returning across the sea.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hmmmm. An island full of eunuchs and violent horny savages with no sexual outlet.

Not hard to see where this is gonna go.

How do you say "Fire Island" in Dothraki?

Back