HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She was called stormborn in the first season I believe when they described her being born the day of a huge storm

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gendry will probably play a roll in the forging and construction of dragonglass weapons and valerian steel weapons rather than laying a claim on the throne.
He was a very good smith in Kingslanding and was being taught by a master smith.

It's just her extended title, now that she has officially declared herself Queen. She's "Stormborn" because she was literally born during a storm on Dragonstone.

Gendry. He's still out there, rowing his boat. He's Robert's son, but he's a bastard, so his claim is as weak or as strong as anyone else's depending on where you come down on it. I read somewhere that he might be back, in the context of it being more than just a joke, so there's a chance he might still show up. But it's not like this show needs to be MORE complicated, so who knows. . .

Thanks for the info. As far as Gendry, when Ned sought out information on him, he also knewabout Jon. After the reveal about Jon, it just seemed that he was being protected by Ned and was using Gendry as a cover.

Thanks for the info. As far as Gendry, when Ned sought out information on him, he also knewabout Jon. After the reveal about Jon, it just seemed that he was being protected by Ned and was using Gendry as a cover.

I'm not sure I follow what you're getting at.

Yes, Ned knows Jon's lineage, his sister asked him to keep Jon a secret because if Robert found out, he'd kill Jon. As he was a Targareyn and well, she kind of cheated on Robert with Rhaegar and Jon is the result, so yeah, Robert would rightly be pissed and kill Jon. So, Ned was protecting Jon before he found out about Gendry. Gendry's lineage is irrelevant when it comes to Jon.

Ned sent Gendry away from King's Landing because Cersei was killing all of Robert's bastard offspring, as those children might have had a claim to the throne, more so than any of Cersei's kids because they're not in line for the throne seeing as how they're incestual offspring of Jamie and Cersei.

So, no, I don't think Ned was using Gendry as cover for Jon. He was keeping Gendry a secret just like Jon.

I'm not sure I follow what you're getting at.

Yes, Ned knows Jon's lineage, his sister asked him to keep Jon a secret because if Robert found out, he'd kill Jon. As he was a Targareyn and well, she kind of cheated on Robert with Rhaegar and Jon is the result, so yeah, Robert would rightly be pissed and kill Jon. So, Ned was protecting Jon before he found out about Gendry. Gendry's lineage is irrelevant when it comes to Jon.

Ned sent Gendry away from King's Landing because Cersei was killing all of Robert's bastard offspring, as those children might have had a claim to the throne, more so than any of Cersei's kids because they're not in line for the throne seeing as how they're incestual offspring of Jamie and Cersei.

So, no, I don't think Ned was using Gendry as cover for Jon. He was keeping Gendry a secret just like Jon.

I understand what you are saying. What I was thinking, since Ned was asked to protect Jon, at the time, I wasn't sure why. Knowing that he is in line for the throne, I was wondering if that would put Jon in danger and Ned was thinking to seek out Gendry as a potential successor to the throne to protect Jon.

I understand what you are saying. What I was thinking, since Ned was asked to protect Jon, at the time, I wasn't sure why. Knowing that he is in line for the throne, I was wondering if that would put Jon in danger and Ned was thinking to seek out Gendry as a potential successor to the throne to protect Jon.

Nah. I don't think Ned ever considered Jon would get anywhere near Kings Landing or the throne. As far as Ned knew, Jon was going to be a sworn watchman at the wall.

Everything about that episode was win.

Littlefinger realizing Bran knows everything.

Arya kicking Brienne's ass.

Dragon

Jamie doing his best to kick ass.

Holy moly, that was good.

SPOILERS AHEAD A-DEV! :lol

Didn't they say that the gold arrived in King's Landing? It was just the extra grain that the Lannisters were going after that never reached its destination.

Terrific episode. Great to see Bronn again, and not only that, but being a real bad-ass of course. Very curious about the ending. . .

The Sansa/Arya reunion seemed appropriate. Not as fulfilling as you would might expect between two long separated siblings, but they never were all that close. Brandon essentially proves that he doesn't have any strong feelings toward anyone, or the political affairs of man, even when they are immoral or affect him directly. I wonder if he would even intervene if he knew that Littlefinger was conspiring to kill one of his siblings.

Also, the post-credits thing proves that there is an attraction between Jon and Dany, so cousins or not, looks like there is something brewing there!

No open spoilers till after sunday please. :duff
I figured some spoilers would be posted when I saw it was leaked, so I'm glad I didn't show up here before tonight (because sure enough, there were openly posted spoilers :mad:

As he was a Targareyn and well, she kind of cheated on Robert with Rhaegar and Jon is the result, so yeah, Robert would rightly be pissed and kill Jon.
I thought she was raped. No?

"Flee, you idiot"
"You F-ing Idiot."

No wiser words ever said by Tyrion to Jamie.

No words can convey how awesome that episode truly was. The little character moments from beginning to end, the look on Jon's face when Dany asked him to bend the knee again and to let go of his pride and it's call back to him using the very same words to Mance Rayder, Bron being Bron, Arya owning Briene in combat, Bran telling Littlefinger, "Chaos is a ladder." And maybe the best set piece we have ever seen with a dragon, I think, topping films like Dragonslayer and The Hobbit. Un-****ing-believable.

I thought she was raped. No?

That's probably the one biggest unresolved mystery of the series at this point.

Seeing as how history is written by the winners, the Baratheon version of the story is that Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna and raped her, that started the war which ended with Robert on the throne.

There was a story that Littlefinger told Sansa about this infamous jousting tournament, where Rhaegar walked right by his wife, Elia Martel, and gave Lyanna roses, so that was kind of scandalous. It seemed like a very romantic moment. There was another moment when Barristan Selmy told Dany that Rhaegar liked singing, not killing. So, those things make Rhaegar not seem like the type to kidnap and rape someone. The point being, we know very little about Rhaegar, but the only things we know about him, make him sound like a gallant, kind person. . . apart from spurning his wife of course.

Then in the scene we saw last year, when Young Ned finds Lyanna, he notes that the two guards are at the Tower of Joy, not by their prince's side. Ned questions why, and they reply that Rhaegar wanted them there protecting Lyanna. So, you question why Rhaegar would want his two best knights, probably the greatest knights in Westeros, guarding a woman he just kidnapped and raped. Why not just leave her for dead?

It sounds more like Lyanna and Rhaegar were pretty into each other and left their betrothed(es) to start a new relationship.

Nerdist explains it all pretty well

Last edited:
Back