HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am on board with the R+L=J thing. Have been for a while. To me it makes sense. I think it would be cool if somehow Tyrion manages to be part Targaryen as I heard that rumor once that he could be at least part of that blood line.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Jaime said that to Roose as he left Harrenhal. While it's clear that Jaime wasn't the one orchestrating the Red Wedding, there was that connection. It's not clear how much Arya knows about what really happened there, though. I'm not sure who knows that he pushed Bran out of the window, either.

I'm assuming a big chunk of the wall will be destroyed, to allow the Walkers through.

Ah yes, now I vaguely remember that.

The more I think about it,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh, and someone posted about Walder Frey and the pot pie scene...it goes back to the story of the Rat Cook that Bran was told by Old Nan. Easier for me to cut and paste: "According to legend, the man who would later be known as the Rat Cook was a simple cook at the Nightfort. He became infamous when he served an Andal king (identified either as King Tywell II of the Rock or King Oswell I of the Vale[2]) a pie that was made of bacon and, unknown to the king, the king's son. The cook killed the prince in revenge for a wrong the king supposedly did to him. The king was unaware of this, however, as he ate and praised the taste and asked for a second piece. The gods were angered — not because the cook had committed murder, nor because he had made the king a cannibal — but because the cook had slain a guest beneath his roof. They cursed the cook and transformed him into a massive rat who was doomed to be unable to eat anything but his own young."

I guess Old Nan told Arya the same stories.

Didn't they change that, though? In the book, the line is "Jaime Lannister sends his regards", I believe. I thought the series ret-conned it so this was all Tywin's plan and Jaime had no part in it?

One point I started to allude to in my previous post but forgot to finish: when Benjen Stark brings Bran and Meera to the Wall and tells them he can't go any further, that the Wall has magic that prevents the dead from passing...if that's the case, unless the White Walkers have some magic of their own, or can destroy the wall, their army of wights cannot pass
. The White Walkers could theoretically pass the Wall themselves and create a new army. And back in season one, wights were able to pass the wall, as the dead Night's Watch brothers became wights when Jon Snow saved the Lord Commander. I guess the technically were not wights yet, as the Night's Watch brought them back to Castle Black prior to them turning.

Yes, winter and the cold has to be one of the White Walker's greatest weapons. Think about Old Nan's stories of the Long Night, when families starved and killed their own as a mercy. It'll also be interesting to see if some of the visions that Dany saw in the House of the Undying come to pass; there was one vision of the Red Keep covered in snow and ice...it would be incredible to see the Long Winter make it all the way down to King's Landing.

Damn, another year's wait begins...

This is addressed in the books...

Spoiler Spoiler:

In the book, Mance Rayder possessed it and planned to use it before they were routed by Stannis' Army.

Can't see Tyrion being a secret Targaryen, there's just no way of knowing. Even with Jon the relevancy of it is lost to the power he has achieved as king in the north.

We know Dany's mom died soon after she was born, and so did Tryion's. So it's a maybe. Tywinn also said "You're no son of mine". Maybe people are reading into it to much or maybe there is something there. 3 dragons, 3 riders. Jon, Dany, Tyrion.

This is addressed in the books...

Spoiler Spoiler:

In the book, Mance Rayder possessed it and planned to use it before they were routed by Stannis' Army.

I can't remember which book I stopped on, but it was the one where the Iron Islands Kingsmoot was going on...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Can't see Tyrion being a secret Targaryen, there's just no way of knowing. Even with Jon the relevancy of it is lost to the power he has achieved as king in the north.

I think it may be a little too much to have a second, "secret" Targaryen, but the clues are there somewhat: the two captive dragons not making a snack out of Tyrion, and Tywin's intense hatred of him. One could argue that hatred could have stemmed from Tyrion's birth causing the death of Tywin's wife, or the fact that Tyrion is a dwarf, but your wife bearing another man's child could cause some hatred as well...

EDIT: GOTNerd beat me to it, I take to long to type up my posts...

Last edited:
I wonder if the shortened seasons are partly a result of cost cutting measures, as each episode is likely to be much heavier with fx than in the past seasons.

I think that quote about the seventh season having only seven episodes and the eighth and final season having only six was more about content (how much of the books the writers think is necessary to use to properly end the series) and less about cutting costs.

I think that quote about the seventh season having only seven episodes and the eighth and final season having only six was more about content (how much of the books the writers think is necessary to use to properly end the series) and less about cutting costs.

If anything it could bode for bigger episodes if they keep the same budget per season. I'm all for cutting out the filler. If the rest of the series move as fast as the these last few episodes we are in for a treat. Less 'bottle episodes' for sure.

This last season was the finest of the bunch. I hate to say it, but I think not having to stick to the books allowed them to do what they wanted and they pretty much nailed all of it. Maybe only ep 7 and 8 were a little slower but the rest really packed a punch the entire hour. I cannot wait a whole entire year for this. HBO needs to start developing more GOT stories NOW!!!!

a17c5778929835bf_7b118cd0-eee8-0132-f0ce-0ed54733f8f5.gif

tumblr_o9esxvK4x01s9bcqro3_500-1467002734.gif

962daeae0a034f92c8ceff5df94c28bc.jpg

Jon Stargaryen

I wouldnt mind seeing Jaimie living past his storyline with Cersi. I'd like to see him be fully redeemed and command the Lannister forces against the White Walkers.
Id also like to see him interact with Bran,Tyrion and Breean again. But the gut says he'll die ending Cersis reign perhaps by the Mtn. or killed by Dorns forces.
Maybe that'll leave Tyrion the only Lanister left and Lord of Casterly Rock and the Lannister forces. Could go a few ways.

I'm assuming that she is aware of the Lannisters' role in the Red Wedding. And Jamie was the one who told Roose to send Robb his regards.

Jamie had nothing to do with the Red Wedding. He was not aware of it. There are two ways to interpret the "regards" comment. I see it as Jamie sending a message to Robb that he is now free and no longer his prisoner and a "nyah, nyah". Book readers see it as a 'nyah nyah' to Roose because he's loyal to Robb, the usurper, and Jamie telling Roose to send his regards, is like Jamie saying "Go tell your boss that I'm free", a dig that Roose is an underling. At that point, when Jamie and Roose speak, the Boltons are still loyal to the Starks. Jamie had no idea what was being plotted.

Tywin, at most, sanctioned it. I like to think Roose floated the idea of a way to kill Robb and Tywin of course is all for it. The Lannisters as a family, had little to do with the Red Wedding, Remember in the episode following the Red Wedding, there's a small council meeting, discussing it, and Joffrey is excited to hear the news. There is no implication that they expected it to happen.

At most, Arya's list, is people who she has witnessed do her or her friends and family harm. Jamie hasn't harmed anyone she knows, that she knows of, Bran being the exception.

In any case, the fact remains, Jamie is not on Arya's list. She wouldn't kill him, unless Bran shows up and says, "Jamie pushed me out of the window"

Last edited:
So did Arya kill a servant girl in cold blood to get a mask or did she swipe a few before leaving Bravos?

Ghost was omitted from the last few episodes for reasons of cost. At one point when planning the budget for 6x09 there was a choice of including Wun Wun or Ghost.

Back