HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In an interview with Business Insider, Sapochnik explained why Jon Snow's trusty direworlf didn't appear in Season 6's penultimate episode, saying, "[Ghost] was in there in spades originally, but it's also an incredibly time consuming and expensive character to bring to life. Ultimately we had to choose between Wun-Wun and the direwolf, so the dog bit the dust."
The episode director when on to discuss the challenge in bringing the giant Wun-Wun to life, highlighting the fact that "he's not there, and you have to shoot multiple layers for each shot, and get extras to react to something that doesn't exist, and then shoot the actual giant played by Ian Whyte months later on a green screen stage."
"Battle of the Bastards"—read IGN's glowing review here—was an incredibly expensive episode to make. In fact, EW reported that the episode took a whopping 25 days to shoot, versus the typical one or two weeks of filming most Game of Thrones episodes require. As such, the absence of Ghost due to time and expense restraints isn't particularly surprising.

In IGN's interview with Sapochnik, the director explained that the sequence was originally twice as large as it appeared on TV, and it was his job "to work out what we could and could not do and then present ideas to them and ways to achieve the same idea but in the time we had." Sequences like Ramsay's army's wall of shields was originally a wall of men on horses, for instance, but it became clear that was impractical to pull off.

You're not missing anything if you don't read the books, if anything, it'll be better for you to read them when the show's over, your experience will be enhanced.

Before the finale, I saw her review, pretty spot on.

inb4 she has pink hair and swears a lot waah waah

I bet the show ends before the next book comes out. :lol

Most definitely. The show has two years left? The sixth book might come out this year. It'll be at least another 5-10 years for the last book.

Though I'm sure HBO will do something else with the series. Whether it be a prequel series, or the Dunk and Egg things.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Season 7 is going to be ******* EPIC

Me during the whole episode:

crazy-football-fan-scream.gif

Now I'll rewatch a thousand times. :lol

Back