HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With this show, the death of Arya can be as sudden and shocking as that. Especially after all that time she spent with the man with no name or face or whatever. This show makes you feel like people are safe some times and boom. Dead.
For most characters, I agree. But for that character? No way. She has been a key character for all 5 seasons prior to this, and her death wouldn't seem to serve any grand purpose (like, say, the deaths at the Red Wedding, which had a ripple effect across the storyline for everyone else). It would seem like the bulk of the time we followed her around was for naught. She will accomplish something very worthwhile in this story, I'm sure of it, though I can't fathom what it might be just yet. Maybe she will just be a great fighter on the battlefield in the war(s) to come. Or there was talk about a challenger to the Mountain. . .in either case, or others, you can have all of her experiences pay off.

Awesome, your posts reminded me of a question I had...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yep, their family sigil is a rose so I think it was just to let her granny know her allegiances are still with her fam and she's playing the sparrows.

I am half expecting her to be the one who kills the head Sparrow herself.

For most characters, I agree. But for that character? No way. She has been a key character for all 5 seasons prior to this, and her death wouldn't seem to serve any grand purpose (like, say, the deaths at the Red Wedding, which had a ripple effect across the storyline for everyone else). It would seem like the bulk of the time we followed her around was for naught. She will accomplish something very worthwhile in this story, I'm sure of it, though I can't fathom what it might be just yet. Maybe she will just be a great fighter on the battlefield in the war(s) to come. Or there was talk about a challenger to the Mountain. . .in either case, or others, you can have all of her experiences pay off.

Now that would be quite something, a real David Vs Goliath, at the same time, I'd hate to rob Sandor Clegane of the satisfaction of finally killing his brother.

Oh yeah, no doubt to me it was reference to Loras, and the fact that this was all a charade. Cersei has become so fixated on revenge, that she's not necessarily doing the rational thing thing here. The Tyrell army move was indicative of that. Whereas Margaery is methodically trying to manipulate the Sparrow. There are parallels with Jaimie next week apparently. I can imagine a scenario where both Jaimie and Cersei die at the end of the season, around the same time, in pursuits of passion. As important as their characters have been, the story seems to be moving on to other things. . .clearly Tommen isn't going to make it to old age as King :lol

Yeah Tommen will probably die first. I can see them killing off Cersei this season... not sure about Jamie though.

Anybody think there's a chance to see Lady Stoneheart since she's the leader of the Brotherhood without Banners?

Yeah Tommen will probably die first. I can see them killing off Cersei this season... not sure about Jamie though.

Anybody think there's a chance to see Lady Stoneheart since she's the leader of the Brotherhood without Banners?

Might be a very good chance, though if she made her appearance, wouldn't we have had some sighting of her on the set?

As for Tommen, I feel like we have nothing invested in him yet, so killing him would be unlike GRRM, he'd get us to care about him first.

As for Arya. . . I don't think it was Arya that was stabbed.

We last saw her hiding out in a dark alley, waiting for the Waif to come for her. Now she's out and about, changed her hairstyle, changed her clothes, walking freely throughout the market, without Needle? No way. She knows someone's out to kill her. That was someone wearing Arya's face.

She made friends with Lady Crane from the theater troupe. That was all theatrics to throw the Faceless Men off her trail.

I don't know that anybody could have taken her place, but it is so against her character to have her taken so off her guard. She knows what's coming, so unless there is a explanation for it, it didn't make sense.

It was a great episode.

I almost hope Arya does die (she was getting on my nerves), but I doubt it.
No reason to show her getting stabbed, and then get away from he would-be assassin only to die in the next episode. BTW, wasn't it a bit of an amateurish assassination by the Waif? Stabbing her in the stomach? And then just let her drop into the water without delivering a killing blow? Just doesn't seem like a great kill... and yes, I do understand that she hated Arya's guts and wanted her to suffer, it still seems like shoddy work.

We last saw her hiding out in a dark alley, waiting for the Waif to come for her. Now she's out and about, changed her hairstyle, changed her clothes, walking freely throughout the market, without Needle? No way. She knows someone's out to kill her. That was someone wearing Arya's face.

She made friends with Lady Crane from the theater troupe. That was all theatrics to throw the Faceless Men off her trail.
oprah-shakes-head.gif

Well, the Brotherhood Without Banners seems to have drafted a radically new mission statement, I am wondering if we may soon see...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Also, if you watched the trailer for next weeks show,
Spoiler Spoiler:
will be making a comeback.

One last note for those interested, the Seige at Riverrun was actually in book 4, apparently it has been jumbled around, which actually makes sense, because if I recall correctly, Brienne meets
Spoiler Spoiler:
somewhere in that timeframe, correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree with this....this arya looked liked the one that just escaped kings landing....it seemed too easy for her to be attacked knowing what she knows

Back