HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOST fans be like " get over it." :lol

giphy.gif

Well they had hinted previously the they may have an actual presence at the scenes they view. Beyond "magic" there really doesn't need to be an explanation, does there? They can invent some specific mystical bs but at the end of the day some magic **** happened in a show that has magic, right?

:lol

I like that, as good an explanation as any.

:thud:
Well they had hinted previously the they may have an actual presence at the scenes they view. Beyond "magic" there really doesn't need to be an explanation, does there? They can invent some specific mystical bs but at the end of the day some magic **** happened in a show that has magic, right?

This is where I have to totally contradict myself. Fantasy has always been my favorite genre. I am okay with and can deal with dragons and blood magic. I am okay with and can deal with shadow demons. I am okay with and can deal with dead characters being resurrected. But I cannot deal with time traveling paradoxes in a fantasy setting! :thud: :gah:

I know, really stupid of me. the Hodor thing made for great TV. But thinking about it, it doesn't sit well with me. I guess I just have to NOT think about it.

LOST fans be like " get over it." :lol

I believe I read some where that the director that directed "The Door" also directed a few episodes of Lost.

:thud:

This is where I have to totally contradict myself. Fantasy has always been my favorite genre. I am okay with and can deal with dragons and blood magic. I am okay with and can deal with shadow demons. I am okay with and can deal with dead characters being resurrected. But I cannot deal with time traveling paradoxes in a fantasy setting! :thud: :gah:

I know, really stupid of me. the Hodor thing made for great TV. But thinking about it, it doesn't sit well with me. I guess I just have to NOT think about it.

I believe I read some where that the director that directed "The Door" also directed a few episodes of Lost.

I actually get it. My wife has Time Travel Issues. :lol

Although she was actually okay with it in Harry Potter because it was Magic Time Travel. :dunno

Personally,I don't think we'll see Bran bring anyone back from the dead,etc. If he were to, say, bring Ned back - he would have stopped the axe and it would have been a mystery to us until this revelation. But in this world Hodor has always been Hodor and Ned is dead. Of course there will be further revelations but I think they would be along the same lines - discovering why something happened rather than changing what we've see .

Had it been gratuitous and super satisfactory (Ala Interstellar or even Harry Potter) I'd be mad but it was sad, painful and had to happen this way otherwise the whole story would have been a lot different. It was masterfully crafted and tragically beautiful.

This show has a lot of supernatural elements and all of them comes with a price which I like.

Can anyone explain how present day Bran cause past day Wylis to turn into Hodor? This is why I hate time travel storylines. Too many paradoxes. I hope, it will be explained, but I doubt it will be.

My understanding is that Bran was linked to Hodor in the present then linked to Wylis in the past at the same time. Doing so connected Wylis and Hodor so Wylis saw and felt what Hodor was doing in the present, including his own death. The strain gave him brain damage.

The White King knew Bran was there...he grabbed ahold of him

I have to admit, the revelation of Hodor being like he is and having the name was nothing short of brilliant. There are some scenes this season that feel a bit off to me, but when they get a scene right, they Really get it right! The end of this show may be 2 years away, but it already makes me sad to think of it.

Can anyone explain how present day Bran cause past day Wylis to turn into Hodor? This is why I hate time travel storylines. Too many paradoxes. I hope, it will be explained, but I doubt it will be.

You can't explain a paradox. It's a dog chasing it's own tail. Just except it and move on, is what I do.

Yup, can't be explained. That's why it's a paradox. It's like if you traveled back in time and killed your dad before he met your mom and had you. If that happened, then how did you exist in the first place TO travel back in time to murder a man that never fathered you!? PARADOX.

Common flaw in time traveling stories. Still cool if you don't think about it too much. :lol

According to the writers, that whole idea (Hold The Door - Hodor) came directly from George R. R. Martin aka the creepy train conductor looking dude.

My understanding is that Bran was linked to Hodor in the present then linked to Wylis in the past at the same time. Doing so connected Wylis and Hodor so Wylis saw and felt what Hodor was doing in the present, including his own death. The strain gave him brain damage.

This makes the most sense to me, but still can't get behind it 100%.

I realize it is a show about magic and those elements I can accept without question because they are elements of fantasy (dragons, undead, talking crows, etc.). I don't associate time travel with magic per say as there is scientific theory behind it, so that is why I tend to question it more than something like Bran warging into another person/animal.

You guys are right though. Best to not think too much about it and move on. Move on. Moveon. Moon. Moo. Moo. aaand now I'm a cow.

Anyone know if Martin has confirmed if the origins of the Others/White Walkers on the show is also the same in the books?

I'm honestly hoping not... Wasn't too thrilled with it. But maybe that's just because I've never been impressed with the designs of the White Walkers or children of the forest on the show. They kinda look dorky. Especially the children. Although I use that name lightly, since they were really more like adult wood nymph type beings.

Back