HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed on both counts. Jamie's scenes with Brienne and Tyrion were especially powerful.

Yeah, all those were fantastic.
His scene with Bronn was my favorite.

Every scene Bronn is awesome.

This is a strong season thus far. Lots of departures from the book in the episode. The farther they go along the more they change,omit or add their own stuff. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Just so I can keep track while playing the home game. . . who should be the King?

Gendry? As he is the only remaining son of Robert.

Or Stannis, because Gendry doesn't count because he's a bastard and he's Robert's brother.

I don't know what the rules of Westeros are.
Eddard said Stannis, so I'd go with that. Gendry, just like the other bastards on the show, has no claim to their house's stuff.

Wow. 70% of tonight's episode was new material!

- Pod and Brienne don't meet up for quite awhile. Nice they are keeping the actor busy.
- Bran/Crasters Keep/Jon going out North again/Ghost and Summer getting caught - All new. Nice to see Bran busy though. In the book, not too much happens.
- white Walkers - all new too!

Dany and Bran are so close to running out of story. I am assuming we will be seeing more new material on a regular basis.

I thought that scene was well done too. Really well done.

I knew Olenna did it. :lecture

Brienne & Jaime and the Night's Watch scenes were extra great in this episode IMO. Also loved seeing Grey Worm sneak into Meereen and rally the slaves.

That ending...wow. The White Walker frozen "kingdom" or whatever the hell that place was could not have been more perfect. You can really see why no one knew about them for so long. That place looks like it's at the end of the world.

I knew Olenna did it. :lecture

Brienne & Jaime and the Night's Watch scenes were extra great in this episode IMO. Also loved seeing Grey Worm sneak into Meereen and rally the slaves.

That ending...wow. The White Walker frozen "kingdom" or whatever the hell that place was could not have been more perfect. You can really see why no one knew about them for so long. That place looks like it's at the end of the world.

That was super epic. I like how it's sorta shifting away from the book.

I wouldn't say they f'd up. They know exactly what they're doing.

Are you trying to say they slipped on purpose? Cause I would have never guessed it was that guy; I read up on him a long time ago in that AWOIAF once and that's it. If you're right; I feel like they did it for the fans.

Having read through A Storm of Swords, I was caught off guard just like everyone else until a friend of mine at work mentioned he thought it might actually be who is mentioned in that article and that he has not yet been seen, only mentioned in passing here and there through all five novels. I think its pure awesomeness that Weiss and Benioff did what they did with this character cause now for the first time we know that there is indeed a BIG BAD out there who is on par with Sauron, Emperor Palpatine or Lord Voldemort. I love it and it makes me want to devour A Dance With Dragons and just ups my anticipation of The Winds of Winter even more. And at the end of the day, who do we have to thank but Martin himself for allowing this. Sure, it sucks that HBO dropped the ball with the reveal but this just adds another fantastic layer to what is already a glorious universe of storytelling.

Having read through A Storm of Swords, I was caught off guard just like everyone else until a friend of mine at work mentioned he thought it might actually be who is mentioned in that article and that he has not yet been seen, only mentioned in passing here and there through all five novels. I think its pure awesomeness that Weiss and Benioff did what they did with this character cause now for the first time we know that there is indeed a BIG BAD out there who is on par with Sauron, Emperor Palpatine or Lord Voldemort. I love it and it makes me want to devour A Dance With Dragons and just ups my anticipation of The Winds of Winter even more. And at the end of the day, who do we have to thank but Martin himself for allowing this. Sure, it sucks that HBO dropped the ball with the reveal but this just adds another fantastic layer to what is already a glorious universe of storytelling.

Pretty cool right? I mean, I don't even think we get so up close to the big bad as we do in last night's episode. The show just made itself ten times cool.

Pretty cool right? I mean, I don't even think we get so up close to the big bad as we do in last night's episode. The show just made itself ten times cool.

Cool? No pun intended right? :lolWell, the consensus was for years with A Song of Ice and Fire that it was all about the human characters who were the chief villains and they--Cersei, Joffrey, Tywin, Stannis, Frey, Bolton, etc.--were the ones to be feared. But after Sunday's episode, they don't look so menacing compared to what we saw in those final seconds. I mean for all Joffrey's vile, psychotic disposition, it was a simple poison--the Strangler--which took him out. You think poison could take out that thing? Joffrey was after all, far too human. That thing and its brothers lurking there in what I call Mordor on Ice, could probably only be taken down by an adult dragon. And Dany's dragons are still kids. What's more, the White Walkers re-animate animals and beasts of all kinds it looks like. What if that thing has a re-animated ice dragon lurking around that ice fortress. Oh, yeah. I'm thinking Dany or Jon Snow riding one of the fire breathers vs. that thing riding a re-animated ice dragon in the pivotal battle in book seven. Martin didn't title it A Song of Ice and Fire for nothing.

From my understanding it isn't Martin allowing it. I think in the end Weiss and Benioff can do what they please. It is just like the whole rape scene. Martin put out a statement where it sounded like it wasn't his idea but there wasn't much he could do about it. In the end it is Weiss and Benioff's show. I really don't know the specifics of the contract Martin did but it sounds like he doesn't have as much say as fans think.

From my understanding it isn't Martin allowing it. I think in the end Weiss and Benioff can do what they please. It is just like the whole rape scene. Martin put out a statement where it sounded like it wasn't his idea but there wasn't much he could do about it. In the end it is Weiss and Benioff's show. I really don't know the specifics of the contract Martin did but it sounds like he doesn't have as much say as fans think.

It's probably about the same amount of influence that Lucas has in Disney's Star Wars. GRRM is a consultant, except in the episode he writes each season. Though, I imagine Weiss and Benioff talk to him in great detail about these type of decisions, where the show delves into an area not really explored in the books. I doubt the reveal of the Night King has pissed GRRM off. Because, in all reality, we only got a glimpse - and show watches in particular just don't have any idea what's going on that far north.

It's like 5 books deep; and so far with 2 books left, we haven't really heard much from these others / white walkers except that they killed a whole bunch of night's watchmen. I'm glad that they did what they did. Jesus.

It's like 5 books deep; and so far with 2 books left, we haven't really heard much from these others / white walkers except that they killed a whole bunch of night's watchmen. I'm glad that they did what they did. Jesus.

You don't like one 2-minute scene per season? :lol

Maybe the end of the show will reveal too that the entire thing was taking place in a single tear falling from the blue eye of a giant. :lol Kinda like Men in Black.

Back