Hawkeye Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I kinda knew something was gonna be awful with mine, considering my luck.

You're not the only one. Only one out of my last 10 purchases from SS arrived flawless statue wise. Everything else was either refunded or exchanged. QC is definitely on the way down.

Got real excited when I saw my edition number -- lowest number I've had so far (17)

But.... lots of paint problems on mine. Mostly areas of missing paint.

IMG_0855_zps3ea6ce60.jpg

IMG_0859_zps8052da64.jpg

IMG_0857_zps95ac273a.jpg

IMG_0863_zps42dcc686.jpg

IMG_0865_zps0f2aa4b4.jpg

Also, noticed the plastic border on the loincloth was badly bent in shipping, and was subsequently cracked

IMG_0861_zps96698008.jpg

My visor was badly bent too, but you guys get the idea....

Gonna try for a replacement. Anyone else seeing paint like this?

Last thing... not too easy to fit this in a Besta with doors. Basically only have two choices, his back completely facing you, or this....

IMG_0869_zps08c32c85.jpg

I was going to put him with Cap, but forget it. I don't own a PF that will fit next to him. Now I'm REALLY nervous about the Hulk fitting in the Besta.

Damn, now I'm nervous after seeing these last few posts. Don't want another Aayla experience.

I could be wrong, but it looks like the head was slightly tilted along with the mask revision to create movement in the final piece. I could be wrong, but the angle in these pics isn't that much different from each other to account for the tilted head.

differences?

hawk13.jpg

hawkeyepf2.jpg

Got real excited when I saw my edition number -- lowest number I've had so far (17)

But.... lots of paint problems on mine. Mostly areas of missing paint.

IMG_0855_zps3ea6ce60.jpg

IMG_0859_zps8052da64.jpg

IMG_0857_zps95ac273a.jpg

IMG_0863_zps42dcc686.jpg

IMG_0865_zps0f2aa4b4.jpg

Also, noticed the plastic border on the loincloth was badly bent in shipping, and was subsequently cracked

IMG_0861_zps96698008.jpg

My visor was badly bent too, but you guys get the idea....

Gonna try for a replacement. Anyone else seeing paint like this?

Last thing... not too easy to fit this in a Besta with doors. Basically only have two choices, his back completely facing you, or this....

IMG_0869_zps08c32c85.jpg

I was going to put him with Cap, but forget it. I don't own a PF that will fit next to him. Now I'm REALLY nervous about the Hulk fitting in the Besta.

Ouch sorry to see the paint issues with your one, really hope SS sort it out for you. I'm sure they will. Stunning piece though

But what you mentioned about Hulk & the Besta units is what I'm worried about. I've been meaning to buy some Besta units but if Hulk doesn't fit I'll be getting some custom shelves made but I am starting to sway more that way now to shelves. I posted here on the Hulk thread what I had in mind

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108920&page=625

Man, those are some pretty bad QC issues for the Hawkeye! Are we all getting those yellow QC stickers which are taped to the styrofoam? If so, how can you even contemplate passing some of these Hawkeye statues...SS really need to nip this QC business in the bud, sooner rather than later, all i have been hearing and experiencing, are so many stories of paint chips, brakages, bad paint application, etc...

Let's see how vast these QC issues are, this could be the next Gambit or the next Rogue depending on that, imho.

I got mine yesterday, it's a great sculpt but the paint by no means is great. The base is cracked, I definitely need a replacement for that. But the body has some paint flaws not as bad as ichiro, but some minor paint flaws here and there. Not sure if I want a replacement body or not as they all might come like that, the replacement could be worse. Overall not too happy with the paint job on this.

Also mine came dusty why a new statue is dusty? I look at ichiro picture, his looks dusty too. Did sideshow display this too long before they put them in the box? Normally when I get a new statue from Sideshow it looks new, it smells new, I don't taste new with this one...

I got mine yesterday, it's a great sculpt but the paint by no means is great. The base is cracked, I definitely need a replacement for that. But the body has some paint flaws not as bad as ichiro, but some minor paint flaws here and there. Not sure if I want a replacement body or not as they all might come like that, the replacement could be worse. Overall not too happy with the paint job on this.

Also mine came dusty why a new statue is dusty? I look at ichiro picture, his looks dusty too. Did sideshow display this too long before they put them in the box? Normally when I get a new statue from Sideshow it looks new, it smells new, I don't taste new with this one...

Hey Mamba, thats the 64 million dollar question in that do you return the body only to recieve an equally bad replacement if not worse. These QC issues are certainly infuriating for the collector and should be addressed. After all, we are loyal customers who are happy to part with our monies to get the best Sideshow products...i know alot of people who are refusing to buy SS products due to their ever decreasing levels of poor QC! Hope you get yours sorted and i pray that all those first inhand pics of The Hulk are 100% quality! :pray:

Hey Mamba, thats the 64 million dollar question in that do you return the body only to recieve an equally bad replacement if not worse. These QC issues are certainly infuriating for the collector and should be addressed. After all, we are loyal customers who are happy to part with our monies to get the best Sideshow products...i know alot of people who are refusing to buy SS products due to their ever decreasing levels of poor QC! Hope you get yours sorted and i pray that all those first inhand pics of The Hulk are 100% quality! :pray:

Now you see why lot's of us choose to wait and see what our fellow collectors get delivered. Say i ordered the Hulk and he's a POS (which he won't be) Then you want a refund. You have to Pay fedex the customs and then try to claim it back from customs and it's a right pain in the ***. So for me it's better to wait a few days extra and save the hassle.

Now you see why lot's of us choose to wait and see what our fellow collectors get delivered. Say i ordered the Hulk and he's a POS (which he won't be) Then you want a refund. You have to Pay fedex the customs and then try to claim it back from customs and it's a right pain in the ***. So for me it's better to wait a few days extra and save the hassle.

Jay, why are you always right! :gah: Yea, i know what your saying but i think deep down i could never wait...im prob the most impatient arse out there and have to have it asap. If i had the predatory patience of a Cheetah tracking their prey then i'd be like you Jay :lol

Jay, why are you always right! :gah: Yea, i know what your saying but i think deep down i could never wait...im prob the most impatient arse out there and have to have it asap. If i had the predatory patience of a Cheetah tracking their prey then i'd be like you Jay :lol

:lol Good one.

Yeah nothing wrong in taking the chance that it'll be fine. I just can't be bothered anymore.

:lol Good one.

Yeah nothing wrong in taking the chance that it'll be fine. I just can't be bothered anymore.

Hate to tempt fate but i've still to date never recieved a piece that i couldnt bear keeping. I've only had to get replacements for little pieces...

Hate to tempt fate but i've still to date never recieved a piece that i couldnt bear keeping. I've only had to get replacements for little pieces...

You're very lucky then! Pick me some lotto numbers and PM them to me :yess:

Lets se if i can name some of the broken stuff i've got from them.

Blade Vs Drac Dio wings smashed.
Vader 1:1 Bust big paint run on chest.
X-23 packing paper stuck to the base that pulled the paint off.
Iron Man MK VI bad chin paint.
Optimus Prime legs broken.
Scrooge McDuck - A pool of Riches smashed into little bits.
Ultron now don't even get me started on that POS :lol

There is more but i'm getting pissed off just listing that little lot. :panic:

QC... Are we being too picky?

Read below...QC is definately as issue

You're very lucky then! Pick me some lotto numbers and PM them to me :yess:

Lets se if i can name some of the broken stuff i've got from them.

Blade Vs Drac Dio wings smashed.
Vader 1:1 Bust big paint run on chest.
X-23 packing paper stuck to the base that pulled the paint off.
Iron Man MK VI bad chin paint.
Optimus Prime legs broken.
Scrooge McDuck - A pool of Riches smashed into little bits.
Ultron now don't even get me started on that POS :lol

There is more but i'm getting pissed off just listing that little lot. :panic:

Back