Hawkeye Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bases only work for certain characters. Ms. Marvel, it worked. Hawkeye, disappointment over the EX or not, turned out great. He's better in a dynamic pose so an A base wouldn't have worked as well for him. Black Widow it could probably work.

It doesn't work too well for Spider-Woman. She needed to be perched or leaping or something. Plus you would think as Hawkeye's current gf in the comics she would have had a base more like his, especially since they went up for PO back to back which I thought was not a coincidence, but SS doesn't seem to be relating them. She's not even in the print full of teammates Hawkeye smashed.

A bases only work for certain characters. Ms. Marvel, it worked. Hawkeye, disappointment over the EX or not, turned out great. He's better in a dynamic pose so an A base wouldn't have worked as well for him. Black Widow it could probably work.

It doesn't work too well for Spider-Woman. She needed to be perched or leaping or something. Plus you would think as Hawkeye's current gf in the comics she would have had a base more like his, especially since they went up for PO back to back which I thought was not a coincidence, but SS doesn't seem to be relating them. She's not even in the print full of teammates Hawkeye smashed.

I agree Hawkeye looks way better on the base he is on now than if he was on those A bases.

this is a great looking piece, i guess the only thing holding me back is that i get that he's just shot the arrow, but it kinda looks funny without and arrow in his bow ready to go.:dunno

Love the statue!!!! Although, I can't help wondering if the bow and arrows would look better if they were brown to offset all the purple. I look at pics of Hawkeye in the comic and I kinda like the "wood" look to the bow. Not complaining though as this is a great representation of Hawkeye!!!!

Even that would have been acceptable as an EX. The Star Wars droids set has different paint apps for the Reg and Ex. SS needs to go back and do brown bow and arrows for the Hawkeye EX. That would be decent and still doable.

Not gonna happen, though. If any changes are made, they will be extremely minor.

I think A bases are lame, and cheapen the overall display a bit. The best Avengers 1/4 scalers (Cap PF, Hulk PF, Thor PF, Iron Man Com.) don't have them. Coincidence? I think not. Sideshow knows the more important characters need classier bases. :lecture

Not gonna happen, though. If any changes are made, they will be extremely minor.

I think A bases are lame, and cheapen the overall display a bit. The best Avengers 1/4 scalers (Cap PF, Hulk PF, Thor PF, Iron Man Com.) don't have them. Coincidence? I think not. Sideshow knows the more important characters need classier bases. :lecture

Like a rock like base? :monkey3

Environmental bases of any sort work. Be it downed tree, rubble, metallic grating, etc. Not sure who has the rock-like base you are referring to. Hulk?

It really is a Great looking statue and a cool pose.....I just wish the EX was a switch-out part(s) like different arrows or even a classic portrait COH like this.

12067-hawkeye_400.jpg

True, I already know it won't happen. But strange things have happened with other products. Upping ES after it's set, changing head sculpts and a$$ess...you just never know what could happen.

I think Ms. Marvel is one of the better Avengers PFs. Outside those 4, her, Hawkeye and BP look the best. I think the ocassional A base is okay, as long as its not used as much as the X-Men's 'X'. Environmental bases are always good but they can certainly clash when you are trying to display a team and one guys in a city, the other in a building, one in nature, etc.

On some very rare occassions (Indy TOD PF, 1/6 Firefly figure) we do see changes from initial solicitation to final product, but SSC changes this stuff a lot less than, say, Hot Toys (which itself does this only in a small sample of cases). The only changes they seem to make pretty frequently are unintended, and undesirable ones in terms of shoddy paint apps.

I get you. In my experience, which is only since last year, of the 3 orders I've received directly from SS so far, 2 have been changed from the original solicit. Rogue's butt, which is a different case, but also Psylocke's EX which was resculpted and revealed close to shipping.

Even from what I had to back collect I've spotted a change that really stands out. The Spider-Man LSB has a painted web pattern. I noticed on the box the prototype used a sculpted web pattern. It was altered during production.

So although not the norm, and I have no expectations beyond what they show us, anything can happen when things don't turn out the way the company wanted. A different company, but last year I PO'd the Dark Link EX from F4F, and during production they changed the EX. Everyone who originally ordered has different lettering on their EX bases. Maybe it's from the time I started collecting, but I've learned to expect anything from this hobby in this past year and a half.

Ex. sucks but for me and other Canadians, the awesome shipping costs that SSC offers us and minimal FedEx brokerage charges make the EX a winner :lecture Beside ____ty print or not, down the road the ex. versions are ALWAYS worth more than the regs. So for me it makes no sense to buy the reg for a few dollars cheaper when the money saved is more than made back with appreciated value down the road.:lecture

The EX might not be the most desirable but this is still a good statue. I remember when everybody was excited to see this. He's gonna look good next to other classic Avengers.

I suppose those who collect for exclusiveness won't jump on this one, but this one is really for the Avengers fans.

I'm really on the fence on this one. I think the figure is amazing but i'm not a huge fan of the character. Plus I don't know who I could display with him. (non movie) pf Cap is going for a mint. I prefer the og ones to the movie versions.

How long do these preorders stay open?

I'm really on the fence on this one. I think the figure is amazing but i'm not a huge fan of the character. Plus I don't know who I could display with him. (non movie) pf Cap is going for a mint. I prefer the og ones to the movie versions.

How long do these preorders stay open?

it will be for long time for Hawkeye reg i guess

Back