Having a Bad Day - Almost Cancelled Grey Hulk and Neg Zone Sipder-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsychoCenobite

Super Freak
Reaction score
Crap! I'm having a really bad start to the new year.

I'm thinking about quiting my job and note having one to go to, it means I need to the money to last until I get one.

So I just went to my account and almost cancelled these two.

I held off but I think I'm going to cancel... :monkey2

Everything else will be - Emma Frost Excl, 12" T-1000 and T-800

PsychoCenobtie :monkey2

I wish I could say something to cheer you up. Be glad you didn't cancel the Grey Hulk and Neg spidey! If you really need the money, I guess selling them on the secondary market will be more beneficial, don't you think? Still, try to hold on to these!

Wait until you can find another job before quitting the one you have,
if you can possibly tough it out. Nothing is a bigger impact on
finances and savings than having no income. Income from an
annoying or crappy job is still better than nothing.

JS

Paul,

Sorry to hear your 2007 hasn't started well.

I have had days when I wanted to pack my job in. It's usually people that make work life difficult, but you can get over these problems.

I can only echo what JS said. Try & brave the storm at work, even if your applying for new work elsewhere. Don't quit till you have something new to go to. Also the grass seems greener, but all workplaces can be difficult at times.

As for the statues, you have to do what you feel is right for you. The two Limited ones might be difficult to obtain on the secondary market, especially at sensible prices.

All the Best

Rich

Dont care about the polystone. Care about the ones you have to care about. Even it is "only" you.

Dom

Sorry to hear that your year hasn't started out in a good way. Do whatever it is that you need to do to find happiness, you only live once and you better not waste time in an unhappy situation, you can never get it back after it's gone. I hope things start getting better for you soon, and the remainder of the year blesses you with some sweet luck! And don't forget the Freaks are here for ya always. :D

I know how you're feeling - I did up my resume tonight ;-) And as much as I hate it sometimes I still wouldn't quit till I had that next job. As bad as it is - I'd feel worse if I left one job and then ended up being forced to take a job that was no better (or was worse) because of financial reasons. Tough it out and take it easy - and in the meantime start the search :)

Thanks for the PMs. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do.

I think I'm having a case of new year blues! :monkey2

I can't wait for the weekend to come.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

PsychoCenobite said:
I can't wait for the weekend to come.

Make some days ill and enjoy your life. Than think again and chose the right order

search new job - sign contract - quit old contract - have food in the house

not

quit old contract - get no new job - have to eat old sideshow boxes :fest

I wouldn't cancel those item on a whim. Think about it for a few days then make a decision.

If you can, I'd buy both and flip them on ebay. This way you'd make some money that could get you through until you get a new job.

tomandshell said:
Take a deep breath!!! Count to ten!!

And don't quit your job until you have something else lined up. You have to eat!

This, I think, is the best advise anyone has offered. :cool:

Last year, at this time I went through a similar thing as well and decided to commit to stopping the collecting. One step to my commitment was cancelling all my SS pre-orders. It took about 3 weeks before I regretted it and went back and put myself back on waiting list for all of them. Think I could ever get those Star Wars 12" exclusive pre-orders back? No way. I had to fish around on ebay the whole year to get back what I once had on order.

What I learned is that while everything seemed black and despairing to me at that time, was really just one or two major problems. Once I realized that, I gave myself one year to straighten them out, including seeking professional advice, and actually reached resolution in 8 months. I spent the last 4 months of 2006 very happy and collecting.

So I guess what I am saying is that not everything is ****ty, but if the collecting is adding to the problem, then you probably do need to cut it out, if only for a little while. I know stopping for me sharpened my collecting focus, and put things into a better perspective.

Good luck, man , I really feel for you having gone through this at almost a year ago...

Back