Hasbro's INDY Figures: Wave 3 ("The Last Crusade")

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt! And I thought I'd sworn off 3.75" figures forever.:monkey4

Well, at least I'm still avoiding the SW figures. That's where people really get their teets milked dry.

There's also an Indy figure in the wave... and I like that they paid attention and gave him the TLC accurate look (including the tie) and MP40:

4066114444ef_Main400.jpg

And it's confirmed that there will be a total of 6 figures in the TOD wave (set for September release). Any guesses on what they are? We know about the Thuggee Guard. I'm thinking...

Thuggee Guard (confirmed)

Indiana Jones (ripped shirt)
Indiana Jones (White Tux)
Willie Scott
Short Round
Mola Ram

I think there's also a temple priest (the guys with the skull like makeup, barechested) and another Thugee as well as the giant Thugee - a more normal sized one in a red coat. But I'm remembering these from somewhere, and I don't have the list to hand. As regards Toht, Hasbro said or hinted in a Star Wars q & a that they're saving him for a later wave, along with the Flying wing (which will be in the $19.99 price point) and presumably, therefore, the German Mechanic. I think they also said somewhere a TOD bridge set was under consideration for the deluxe line, but that the Lst Crusade tank was too large for a $19.99 vehicle and they wouldn't be producing any larger ones.

Irish, where'd you get the LC Indy photo?

I'd love a seaplane from the opening of Raiders, along with an Auburn boat-tailed speedster from Doom. They'd also be mad not to make a Last Crusade motorbike and sidecar.

Irish, where'd you get the LC Indy photo?

From just perusing HasbroToyShop.com, actually. I was surprised to see it, as it wasn't pictured in the initial announcement of the TLC wave.

I would totally geek out over a Flying Wing, but if it's $19.99 it doesn't sound like it would be to scale much at all. :monkey4

And great idea on the sea plane! :rock

They really are going all out with playsets if they're doing the flying wing.

I couldn't possibly collect them all -- no room -- but can you imagine, just from RAIDERS:

Boulder set
Marion's Bar
Streets of Cairo
Flying Wing
Wells of Souls
Truck Chase
Ceremonial Finale
Submarine!

Just to name a few...

They really are going all out with playsets if they're doing the flying wing.

I couldn't possibly collect them all -- no room -- but can you imagine, just from RAIDERS:

Boulder set
Marion's Bar
Streets of Cairo
Flying Wing
Wells of Souls
Truck Chase
Ceremonial Finale
Submarine!

Just to name a few...

I'd love a 'Ceremonial Finale' set featuring a mummified Dietrich, melting Toht and Belloq with pieces of his head embedded in clear plastic to look like it's exploding, plus Wrath of God with two heads (angelic and deaths head). If they were doing battlepacks and had five figures in each like the Star Wars battlepacks the fifth figure could be a german soldier with ark lightning around him.

I can't see any of the others, except maybe a boulder set - that would make a great exclusive for SDCC 2009 or somehting. The truck chase we're effectively getting, the submarine we'd NEVER get (!) and the well of souls would be too big - Hasbro aren't making playsets except for the one token movie playset, which reuses the 2005 lava duel mould anyway. They couldn't reuse the Kenner moulds from the vintage well of sould because they no longer have them.

No doubt! And I thought I'd sworn off 3.75" figures forever.:monkey4

I thought I had as well. I can't believe after all the discussions we had @ SDCC about these we're buying them in the way we are. Just hand over fist. God we suck. :lol

I spent many hours in early 1990 tracking down a guy who had the original Indy Jones 3 3/4" figures. I think Indy cost me $25, the others around $10 to $15 depending who. I got most all of them, except Marion who I picked up loose later. Never got that horse. Figured I was done with Indy collectibles...

Now this. :google

BBTS has Last Crusade Indy, Young Indy, and Grail Knight up. I PO them and just waiting for them to put up Jones Sr.

I spent many hours in early 1990 tracking down a guy who had the original Indy Jones 3 3/4" figures. I think Indy cost me $25, the others around $10 to $15 depending who. I got most all of them, except Marion who I picked up loose later. Never got that horse. Figured I was done with Indy collectibles...

We're slaves to the system.

Let me just say I hope they sculpt a better Raiders Indy because the first one looks like Terry O'Quinn as Indy and not Ford. I have it in hand and it does not look that good at all.

I have yet to get many of the 3 3/4 figs yet. I got Indy on the horse since I have wanted one for ages. Most were not that cool to me. ALthough, I like the KOTCS Indy with the teeny skull. He looked well done.

Very cool. At first I was disappointed in the terrible looking Indy figs in waves 1, 2, but I have since some decent looking ones with ok paint apps and have picked up:

'Ol Indy
Indy with Horse
Belloq (sp?)
Moneky Man
Sallah
Cairo Swordsman

Pretty cool, overall.....decent articulation on most too

Germans are next on the list of figs to pick up. I am not digging Raiders Marion, but she is not bad as a 4" fig

Wave 3 does look pretty good. I will get young Indy for sure.

Last edited:
I'm confused...didn't these just come out? How are we on Wave 3?

What was Wave 1 + 2? Did all 3 waves come out together?

Irish, I need answers here, man.

That's funny, I need the horse and I have a Marion!

I'm confused...didn't these just come out? How are we on Wave 3?

What was Wave 1 + 2? Did all 3 waves come out together?

Irish, I need answers here, man.

Wave 1 (Raiders) and Wave 2 (Skull) were released 5/1 together, along with the two packs/deluxe sets that comprise both the first and current movies!

Correct. Waves 1 and 2 are out now.

I only found wave 1... although I haven't checked my US Wally-world across the border. I'll hopefully do that later today and see if they have any of the Crystal Skull Indys.

I saw these figures at TRU yesterday (the first of the figures, anyway). I am sorry for the diehard Indy fans who will buy these as blindly as I buy the Star Wars figures. These are even more hideous than a lot of the Star Wars stuff I buy from Hasbro.

And don't go to the 12". They look like pre-1964 G.I. Joes.

Back