Hasbro Star Wars=$?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
* Rise, rise dead old thread! *

Just sold off a bunch of these small figures. Recommendation: check ebay before selling.

But a bird in hand is better than two in the bush, I guess.

I should but dammit I just have so much. The workload and time investment of researching, listing and selling everything individually plus the risk and the hassle of getting bad buyers/scammers. I think I'd rather get rid of what I have in bulk. The value of freeing up more space all at once versus potentially high monetary value on some items.....

I should but dammit I just have so much. The workload and time investment of researching, listing and selling everything individually plus the risk and the hassle of getting bad buyers/scammers. I think I'd rather get rid of what I have in bulk. The value of freeing up more space all at once versus potentially high monetary value on some items.....
Yup, it was quite liberating. I had no clue what the correct price was but managed to get $100 for a bunch of them. In my book quite good for a bunch of yellowed white plastic.

However, asked one of the bidders (no bidding, just first come first serve sale) post sale who said it most likely would be priced at least x2 in a bid. Bottom line: if you have access to a Facebook marketplace group for Hasbro, put up a bid for it all. Or go Ebay. Then you’ll at least get closer to its market value.

Nostalgia kicked-in afterwards, so be sure to save at least one or two of your old hobby.

Oh I'm keeping plenty of OT stuff actually. I will still have a sizeable Hasbro 3.75'' collection. I'm just reducing it down to be able to fit on one wall as opposed to being all over the room.

I sold almost a thousand Hasbro 3 3/4 inch figures in bulk a few years ago and while I got a fraction of what I paid, the lot sold quickly and I had an extra grand or so to purchase more modern, yet still silly collectibles 😎

I sold almost a thousand Hasbro 3 3/4 inch figures in bulk a few years ago and while I got a fraction of what I paid, the lot sold quickly and I had an extra grand or so to purchase more modern, yet still silly collectibles 😎
So it sounds like, once it was done, you weren't particularly concerned about what you maybe could have gotten if you'd taken the time to research and sell each thing individually.

For me space is such a clear and present issue that I don't think I can afford to take the time I would need to sell it all myself. Sure, more money would be nice but I have so much stuff I can't display anything properly. It's taking all enjoyment out of this hobby for me.

Going down a similar path, selling a bunch of Gentle Giant, old Sideshow pieces, Hasbro and others. I want to get rid of a few SS Premium Format statues but the shipping of those will be a pain.

I know what my future man cave will look like and a majority of this stuff is just in boxes in a closet/basement, might as well sell it off and have someone else enjoy it.

Back