Hasbro R2-A6 1/6 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alice Adrenochrome

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.rebelscum.com/episodeI12-r2a6.asp

I recently bought the 12" EP I R2-A6 for about $20. Good price for a very nice 12" figure IMO. Change the green to blue, and you basically have R2-D2. I suppose the R2-A6 and the R2-D2 are identical, save for the color of course. I haven't unpacked the figure yet, but I really wonder, what could SSC possibly do to improve this figure? I mean like a $40 to $70 improvement (taking SSC's current 12" prices in account)??? Sideshow would at least have to add lights and the obligatory compartments to the figure. And a sound ship. Not that I fancy having R2-D2 tweeting about all day long, I'm just looking for extra value... What could SSC possibly do to justify the $60 to $90 price tag? I don't see them touching the $90, anyway.
I just got the HT Dallas, and the helmet lights are very impressive. The figure is well worth the money, even without the lights. I usually don't care to much for these kind of gadgets, especially if they make the figure more expensive, or, are used as an excuse to raise the price. So, personally, I'm not waiting for a 12" R2-D2 with lights, but it might look nice if Sideshow does it right. I just wonder if a R2-D2 with lights is worth three times the cost of the old Hasbro R2-D2.

This topic was vaguely touch in the thread below:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16259&highlight=Applause

If SSC makes an astromech for $50 I will be adding lights to Hasbro R2 myself and passing on theirs.

I think that Sideshow was quoted as saying that the droids weren't a big priority for them as the ones Hasbro released weren't that bad. I agree with you as I have the special editions of C3-PO (came with a book about the droid) and R2-D2 (came with slave Leia), both Hasbro's, posed with my Sideshow figs and they're perfectly to scale. 3PO's not as poseable as I'd like but at $10, he works perfectly fine. As for your R2-A6, it's almost identical to R2-D2 but the head is made from a shiny mock alloy whereas R2-D2's was more of a brushed steel:

101389482_90f86edcc4.jpg

I have both the regular and sail barge versions or R2, as well as R5-D4. They are both great.

Still don't have a good C-3PO still - but hopefully as he's humanoid we stand a better chance of getting him from Sideshow on an armoured body.

The Hasbro C-3PO's head is horrible. I can't really fault them though because C-3PO's face is very hard to capture.

The R2 and R5 are both really good but they are more in scale with the Medicom figures. They are about 85% the size of SSC scale.

I agree that Hasbro did a great job with R2. One problem though, he is not in 1/6th scale.:(

They could use better plastic, give them finer detailing and better paint. I also think R2 is actually a little short for 1:6, but not by much.

I think the scale is out quite significantly, about 20%? Look more like 1/7th scaled... or rather 1/7.134268th scaled... just kidding.:)

The Hasbro droids are good for the price, but you're fooling yourself if you think that they couldn't be improved upon.

I don't think that anybody said that. I think we're all in agreement that what we're saying is that until we get a Sideshow version, and assuming they're not a $200+ pair, that the Hasbro are more than acceptable at around $50 (and in some cases considerably less) for the pair:

100_7187.jpg

Edit: I like C3PO with the flecks and blaster mark paint (the one that comes with the book is the blasted apart/reassembled version from TESB). It gives him a bit more personality. Because of that, I keep toying with the idea of giving R2 the Gundam treatment and taking a fine-tipped sharpie to the mold lines on his body. But it's a fine line between definition and cartoony which is why I haven't yet.

Last edited:
I think the scale is out quite significantly, about 20%? Look more like 1/7th scaled... or rather 1/7.134268th scaled... just kidding.:)

If you compare the two pics I've posted, the 1st is of the actual costumes in a museum and the 2nd is of my Hasbro droids, R2 isn't that far off. Maybe 1/4-1/2 of an inch tops. He should come up to the top of 3PO's hip.

Sorry, they are NOT to scale, and definitely NOT "perfectly fine".

Can't wait for SS to tackle these! :naughty

Did you even read the posts? Or do you just randomly, and rather ignorantly interrupt threads with your irrelevant posts? 3PO IS to scale. R2 is slightly under. You'd know if you actually owned them. But hey, if you owned them, you wouldn't have posted what you did.

EXCUSE ME!? Who are you supposed to be!? I have eyes, I'm sorry yours don't seem to work. YES, I OWN THEM BOTH, but I'd gladly buy Sideshow's versions because they ARE NOT to scale. 3P0 is actually a tad big, and R2 is WAY off. Sorry to offend your opinions, but you are wrong. About MANY things. Ignorant? Read your own posts. Interrupt? Its a FORUM! We can ALL post here, your highness. Irrelevant? Maybe to you, but I feel the same about YOUR posts. Besides, I don't want anyone with BRAINS to buy these figures based on your opinion and find that the figures are not that great, but better than nothing. That's what I think, PALLY! Don't like it? Go play with your Hasbro figures! :mad:

why are you always yelling at people???

:confused:

:monkey4<WHAT?! WHATTA YA MEAN YELLING?!
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

I don't yell. I sigh and feel pity for the people who must have a real hard life because evolution's obviously passed them by. Seriously, I just don't like when people interrupt the middle of a conversation with BS because they have a prejudice against the products being discussed, don't have a clue about the subject matter around which the products are being discussed, post things that don't add anything meaningful to the conversation, and then bail. And all because they're too lazy to see what we've been talking about since the 1st post. And yes, I know how many people I just described. It's sad... :rotfl

Last edited:
You seem a bit high strung over toys. Time for a break.

You guys think I sit at my comp, redfaced, steam blowing out of my ears, pissed at the world ready to yell HULK SMASH!!!!! :rotfl It's actually quite the opposite. I read the forums, green tea in hand with a little Faith No More in the background while working on a gun review for my magazine. The only stress in my day is a 2-year-old who can't seem to let me know when she has to go poopoo or some idiot who feels he deserves a free gun just because he exists, neither of which is life altering... well... I do have to take 5 after the diaper, but that's not due to stress, more like lightheadedness.

I don't yell. I sigh and feel pity for the people who must have a real hard life because evolution's obviously passed them by. Seriously, I just don't like when people interrupt the middle of a conversation with BS because they have a prejudice against the products being discussed, don't have a clue about the subject matter around which the products are being discussed, post things that don't add anything meaningful to the conversation, and then bail. And all because they're too lazy to see what we've been talking about since the 1st post. And yes, I know how many people I just described. It's sad... :rotfl

You're talking about people who have been using this site and discussing these collectibles for awhile now... Members are allowed to post their opinion WHENEVER they want to. Please refrain from verbally attacking someone for posting an opinion. Thank you.

I've got every 1:6 (for the sake of debate) Droid that Hasbro has ever made & I'm perfectly happy with ALL of them.
If Sidehow produces something that lights up, Chirps, beeps, whistles, talks, flys and walks about then I MIGHT buy it, but only then.
And by the way guys, these are only 'toys' were talking about..........

Back