Hasbro line officially (NOT) dead???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro line officially dead!

you know, I hate to admit it, but I AM kind of happy that Indy won't ever turn into what Star Wars has become....I look at the toys for Star Wars and marvel at how little I care anymore....Not to say they're poorly done, they aren't...but it's just overkill at this point. I hardly even know what I'm looking at, or what line is what...it's wild.

Trev

Yeah, at least this way Indy doesn't get quite as whored-out as SW. Although bummer about the last wave... some great looking figures. Especially Toht and the Mechanic.

you know, I hate to admit it, but I AM kind of happy that Indy won't ever turn into what Star Wars has become....I look at the toys for Star Wars and marvel at how little I care anymore....Not to say they're poorly done, they aren't...but it's just overkill at this point. I hardly even know what I'm looking at, or what line is what...it's wild.

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

I was burned out on Hasbro SW stuff about 7-8 years ago... and they're still churning out that clutter at record pace! :google

Last edited:

Trev

I feel the exact same way. I have only picked up a handful of SW figures this year, whereas I used to be almost a completist. Too many EU figures from sources I am not familiar with, too many repaints/rehashes, and too many wacky Marvel paintjobs. What $$ I was saving on SW was going into Indiana Jones though, so now that the line is going away, at least I will save some. I just ordered the Temple of Doom set online and only have a few items to pick up and I will have the complete set...I guess that is somewhat satisfying. Still would have loved that last wave shown at SDCC...someone should be burned at the stake for even teasing us like that:mad:

Yeah, at least this way Indy doesn't get quite as whored-out as SW. Although bummer about the last wave... some great looking figures. Especially Toht and the Mechanic.

The real bummer with Toht is that the body for the figure has already been tooled. So close yet so far.

I actually have no problems with the Indy line being whored out.

I was hoping it would get to the point where they were making Indy, Shorty and Willie in the inflatable raft.

I would buy it....

actually temple of doom has made ito ut. i got my notice mine is coming..
also i would like to have hasbro after the wave coming in 2009.
to go back and do a votc version of indiana jones. because what killed it for me was that the eyes were never in the right places for the indy figure. we all have seen some of those figures...

Last edited:

Some figures can easily be customized, like German Officer Indy, just swa the head of a hatless Indy and put it on a German Officer.
A suited Indy, using Henry Sr.'s body, and regular Indy head.
But Toht, White Suit Belloq, and Mechanic...would be harder to accomplish...

Some figures can easily be customized, like German Officer Indy, just swa the head of a hatless Indy and put it on a German Officer.
A suited Indy, using Henry Sr.'s body, and regular Indy head.
But Toht, White Suit Belloq, and Mechanic...would be harder to accomplish...

Pretty good pointers there.

Would still need Marion from the Well of Souls, though.

I guess more than anything I'll miss the prospect of playsets and vehicles.

The bridge, minecar, motorcycle & sidecar, Last Crusade tank, Jock w/ his plane, etc. etc. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Well, I hope we still get a few more nice collectibles from SS. I'd love to see a Henry Sr. and Marion PF at the very least. Maybe a few more figures. Keeps fingers crossed.

Sorry, I should have said..."wouldn't be nice if they made a Marion or Henry Sr. PF, not that I'm holding my breath"

Yeah, I could almost guarantee we will never see a Marion PF.

Echo.

Echo.

Echo.

So, should I snag the 4th line (ToD) on-line now through a pre-order as I'll probably never find it at retail?

The TOD wave will definitely be much harder to find in retail stores if it's true that Wal-Mart is refusing to stock any new INDY skus as of right now. But I'm guessing their edict is for after the first of the year, which is why it would make sense that Hasbro got cold feet with the next ROLTA wave... which was set to hit 1/15.

Well I ordered my TOD wave from EE, will have to pick up the LC wave off eBay I guess. Just really pissed about the Raiders wave because that would have brought us VERY close to a complete remake of the vintage line.

I might be on the lookout for the Cargo Truck with the new cloth canopy as well.

And while many INDY collectors will lament the loss of the Flying Wing vehicle that was planned for 2009, it's probably a blessing since it would obviously have been under-sized and surely without the identifying and characteristic swastikas on the tailfins. :huh

I might be on the lookout for the Cargo Truck with the new cloth canopy as well.

And while many INDY collectors will lament the loss of the Flying Wing vehicle that was planned for 2009, it's probably a blessing since it would obviously have been under-sized and surely without the identifying and characteristic swastikas on the tailfins. :huh

Ugh, the Wing. That would have been so cool. Even if off a bit. Would make a great little dio.

What truck with cloth canopy? Is there a new one out?

Back