Hasbro Jawa Re-work

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised, here are a couple of close ups shots of the belts and pouches.

Jawa1_zpscd8f8442.jpg

Jawa2_zps10a60e3e.jpg

Man, really nice work on this Cavlcade. The attention to detail on the bandoliers is fantastic. I really like the weathering on the metal bits. I need to get me a couple of these and go to work. Good stuff, thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks Chakaman! These Hasbro Jawas are great fun to work on. Dry bushing a little silver paint on the gun parts makes the details really pop.

Yeah, nice work Cavlcade. I noticed the dry brush on the ammo packs too. It all looks miniaturized. Awesome.

Makes you want to work up a bunch of Jawas.

Yeah, nice work Cavlcade. I noticed the dry brush on the ammo packs too. It all looks miniaturized. Awesome.

Makes you want to work up a bunch of Jawas.

Thanks Solo, what I really like about the Jawas is that they are perfect for using up bits from the parts bin.

Today I cracked open my only Hasbro Jawa - the little guy has been sitting in a large box sardined with a ton of other Hasbro figures for over 10 years. Honestly, apart from the lack of articulation, this is one of my favorite Hasbro 1/6 figures. I also cracked open the original furry Chewy which I also feel is very underrated - they could really have hit it out of the park with a few changes.

Anyway, back onto the Jawa... Where on earth can I get some suitable pegs to articulate this guy? I don't care what color they are as long as they're not going to cost me an unreasonable amount of cash. At 4 needed per figure, I'm going to want 12 or 16 - obviously I've added a few more Jawas to my shopping list. ;) I've hit eBay and come up empty handed. Checked a few places like Toy Anxiety and Black OPS Toys too.

My intention is to make 3 or 4 articulated Jawas of different heights. My only question right now is where to get a suitable longer cloak of a similar fabric.

Where on earth can I get some suitable pegs to articulate this guy? I don't care what color they are as long as they're not going to cost me an unreasonable amount of cash. At 4 needed per figure, I'm going to want 12 or 16 - obviously I've added a few more Jawas to my shopping list. ;) I've hit eBay and come up empty handed. Checked a few places like Toy Anxiety and Black OPS Toys too.

Check out E-bay, mate. Tons of stuff there for a reasonable price. Search under True type hands and feet, or something like that.

eBay is the fist place I looked, it was driving me batty because everyone uses different terminology! ;) Also, TT feet don't use these pegs, they use dumbbell (or mini dog-bone) style. :(

Last edited:
amazon...............search "jawa action collection" they have plenty.

I'm looking for pegs, Jawas are easy enough to get. ;) In mentioning eBay the first time maybe I didn't make it clear enough... It's not that I couldn't find plenty of hand pegs for sale, it's that they all cost stupid money. Some BIN listings want $10 for a pair. The lowest I have been able to find is for a multi-item BIN and after shipping, 16 pegs would cost me $31.50. Still kind of spendy for pegs.

EDIT: Woot! I think I found some better prices, it was all in the search terms. "joint" was the key instead of "peg." Off to do some calculations.

Last edited:
Ok for reference: hand pegs - cheapest places I've found.

Toy Anxiety $1 EACH - search for "hand joint"

Black Ops Toys $0.25 - $1 EACH ($0.50 to $2 per PAIR) - search for "wrist pin"

Yeah, I ordered from Toy Anxiety before figuring out what the correct search term was at Black Ops (which I had already searched earlier in the week). ;)

Sorry to necropost, but I dragged my Jawa down off the shelf for a couple of pics in anticipation of R2 arriving this week.

Jawa03_zps121b272e.jpg
Jawa02_zpsbd1de9f4.jpg
Jawa01_zps9a7a224b.jpg

Great fun to mod, but the hunchback body is really anoying.

Back