Sideshow attempted to poorly fix my broken hall of armor and sent back to me

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megagalvatron1

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I know we?ve had a few threads on here about sideshow sending open figures but I wanted to put this out there for people to see that sideshow attempted to fix a broken hall of armor I sent them and sent it back to me and claimed it was new. I posted about this in the hulkbuster 2.0 thread so not sure if people would see it. Also wondering if this is happened to anybody else? I had a hall of armor that had two broken walls. I then sent it in for replacement. One had a stuck button and could not work. The other one had a stripped screw and I could not get the cover off to replace the battery. I sent it out for a replacement. They sent me back the same one they attempted to fix. Before I even realized what they had done I noticed the outside shipper box was very ripped up. The outside box was heavily damaged. And all tape on the inside was all cut as well as a broken piece of Styrofoam when I attempted to put it back together fell apart. They?ve drilled a hole in the wall filled it in and painted over it. They drilled out the other screw in a way that now I can?t even be screwed back down. On the phone they told me we don?t do this we always send a replacement yet the damage that is all of this is equivalent of someone attempting to fix the damaged one I sent them. This is Completely unacceptable. I?ve spent so much money with them over the last year and have thousands of dollars worth of stuff pre-order for this year I?m just shocked that this is what they would do to replace a broken item my I had. Well if ever I?ve had an issue like this they were just send me a replacement part. I was honestly expecting just to get some replacement walls. Instead they told me to send the whole thing back for a replacement and this is what they did. 6CF35041-9519-4103-B59E-25C9C9E82D11.jpgFDF2688E-CFAA-45A6-9EC7-B6DBF034ED78.jpgFDF2688E-CFAA-45A6-9EC7-B6DBF034ED78.jpgFDF2688E-CFAA-45A6-9EC7-B6DBF034ED78.jpg

Attachments

• 916FB367-15CD-42A5-BBF2-D23B2AABDB72.jpg
    916FB367-15CD-42A5-BBF2-D23B2AABDB72.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 416
I don’t know why it tripled up on the one picture and I don’t know how to delete those extra pictures

Wow such **** service. They're the goddamn distributor of these things and get them the cheapest possible way and make a buck on every single one they send out to retailers, and this is still how they do customer service?

Heard of this kind of thing happening but mostly with statues. Or, a "fixed statue" is sent to another customer but collecting community isn't all that large, and the defective statue is recognized.
This might even be a real foul-up where the "fixed" item would have been fobbed off on another customer but they screwed up and sent u the same one back.

Get ur money back any way u can.

That's terrible but not surprising. I've really had to get on them a year ago on a figure they told me was new and just "repackaged." Ive also had a statue I just gave up trying to get replacement heads from since they just kept sending worst paint jobs and offered $20.

Best and most effective way is to tell them that you need it resolved and that you will file a claim with California Consumer Affairs Office and the County. They will move a little faster and resolve the issue.

Sideshow service has gone downhill for years now - used to be a great company but now i only go there as a last resort

Man I wonder if you got mine the first time around. I returned the one I bought for loose walls, a stuck light switch, and half a set of burned out electronics.

Force a refund. The thing is an absolute POS anyway, I was glad I had a real issue to hang my refund on, because it's not worth near the cost of what it retails for. It's a joke to put a $400 Iron Man into something that's got the finish and build of a Mattel item.

I can't believe that SS tried to fix it, let alone in such an unconvincing fashion. Unbelievable to me in all accounts.

Man I wonder if you got mine the first time around. I returned the one I bought for loose walls, a stuck light switch, and half a set of burned out electronics.

Force a refund. The thing is an absolute POS anyway, I was glad I had a real issue to hang my refund on, because it's not worth near the cost of what it retails for. It's a joke to put a $400 Iron Man into something that's got the finish and build of a Mattel item.

I can't believe that SS tried to fix it, let alone in such an unconvincing fashion. Unbelievable to me in all accounts.

The one I returned also had a stuck switch on a wall. Guessing that?s why they drilled a hole in the side to get the switch unstuck. And like I said the stripped screw on the other one. This is completely unacceptable in my opinion and it?s one of the worst experiences I?ve had with any company. I?ve never returned something for a replacement only to have them try and fix it and give it back to me as new.

Sadly I do really want to get a replacement for this as I already have six of these things and want to have the full set of seven for my hall of armor. While I definitely do agree with you they are not worth retail I haven?t bought any of these for retail as I?ve had coupons or reward points with all of them and bought all of them including the damaged one for well under retail.

I don?t know if it?s wrong but I would be happy if they just give me half of my money back and let me keep the thing. As I do technically have other walls that I didn?t use from the other halls of armors. But it is the principle of the thing that it was broken and then sent to me like back like this. I just wish they would?ve done something to try and fix my experience opposed to sending me an even more damaged one as new.

Back