Hasbro Jawa Re-work

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solo_bones

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

This was my first attempt at customizing. I have been watching the boards for some ideas and came up with a couple on my own, but this is my first custom figure. I have only been a collector for less than 5 months.

https://s425.beta.photobucket.com/user/Hannitized2/library/Hasbro Jawa Rework

My initial rework included making a new Jawa blaster (although i still need to finalize it)....but I was waiting to find some leather so I could make some straps and ammo pouches.

The last fix I did was to use this bandage tape to round out his eyes and get rid of that shiny plastic Alien look. It colored up perfect match with sharpie pen, and dried instantly.

When I complete that, I noticed i could see through his hood and I never could get the right shape of the rim, so I taped some bendable wire inside the hood and noticed when I colored black it solved the see through hood problem, so I just lined the entire inside of the hood and colored it black.

I just need two more tweaks and it's complete.

Bones..

I finally finalized the blaster, by purchasing a pouch and drilling into my plaster.

somehow is missed this thread when it was in the sw action figure section............but anyway..........nice work on the jawas. hasbro gave us a gift with these to us tweakers :lol............i had a lot fun making several of these little guys.

somehow is missed this thread when it was in the sw action figure section............but anyway..........nice work on the jawas. hasbro gave us a gift with these to us tweakers :lol............i had a lot fun making several of these little guys.

Ha! Yep, I read a lot of your posts to get a lot of ideas...but made some tweaks on my own....but your work was definitely influential.

Thanks man!

Thanks Gents, I realize I need to work on that hood.....blah.

Anyway, i'm still working on this moisture vaporator....almost done. Right now i am working on lighting this thing. I wanted lights and the top of the chillers, just as they were in ANH.

I didn't make it completely movie accurate, just used parts that i could find at the hardware store.

AEDB5047-6761-4646-B953-C3ACC74A246D-13693-000008D506064499.jpg

260EABA4-12EC-4F31-AB97-6593B82CC1C9-13693-000008D502CEE18D.jpg

I recently opened up the Hasbro Jawa that I had and placed him on a Sideshow (sandy) display base and have him displayed between two SS Sandtroopers.

I must say that I was so impressed that I ordered two more Jawas from Ebay!

It does look to scale and rather nice as is, but I'll be following the leads here and weathering, repainting and updating/replacing the bandoleers, if possible.

Coincidentally I just finished modding my Jawa. I added articulation by using SS prometheus trooper foot pegs, repainted the gun and pouches, plus added extra pouches and belts.

finished mod:
jawa.jpg

added articulation:
jawaarticulated.jpg

easily the most fun I've had modding a figure.

Oh, man....NICE WORK! I hadn't seen this posting. Lost track of it.

Anyway, nice custom work on that Jawa.

The only thing I would add is cut the wrists and put a screw in there with a plastic o-ring and you can get the hand to spin around quite nicely.

That's what I did on this dudes robo arm on the right:

Or who knows? Maybe on that rig, by Cavlcade, the arms and hands spin on the feet joints??

Last edited:
Coincidentally I just finished modding my Jawa. I added articulation by using SS prometheus trooper foot pegs, repainted the gun and pouches, plus added extra pouches and belts.

finished mod:
jawa.jpg

added articulation:
jawaarticulated.jpg

easily the most fun I've had modding a figure.

I love the custom work on the holster and ammo packs....wish he would reveal some details.

Hey thanks for the comments, just noticed them.

I used spare ammo packs from the Rescue Cap America figure which I dry brushed and made a holster from leather scraps. Also cut off the Hasbro ammo packs repainted them and glued them to leather straps. Will post some close ups of the figure some time soon.

I didn't bother with articulation on the wrists as I didn't feel it needed it, the arms rotate on the elbow joints enough to achieve good poses.

Back