Hasbro Indiana Jones franchise thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The next wave was revealed.

Fzt_fYQX0AEN2xC
FzuAo8sWwAM3U_7
FzuABw6XsAARc8y
FzuATA3WcAE7fAj
FzuBFWoWAAAKjLF
FzuBTu2XsAYC5cn

The Build an Artifact is the Grail Table.

FzuBnh2XgAgP0-g

No Dietrich, no Mola Ram, no Chief Guard, no Arab Swordsman... they won't even make figures they made just a few years ago, Vogel and Monkey Man.

Soon, they won't make German Mechanic because he's shirtless and it makes kids nervous, or its body shaming.

Why doesn't Hasbro just come out and say it: "Due to cultural sensitivities, the characters fans really want - like Mola Ram and Cairo swordsman - will be replaced with boring junk."

I'm actually surprised Disney did not slap this disclaimer of theirs with TOD when it was added to Disney+.

Attachments

• screenshot_142.png
    screenshot_142.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 0
No Dietrich, no Mola Ram, no Chief Guard, no Arab Swordsman... they won't even make figures they made just a few years ago, Vogel and Monkey Man.

Soon, they won't make German Mechanic because he's shirtless and it makes kids nervous, or its body shaming.
Really surprised they made Sallah as some media outlets have criticized his appearance in the new movie because he's white man playing an arab man (apparently unaware that arab is still considered white in the US census, among others.)

Chief Guard would be an awesome figure in 6" scale, as would Mola Ram obviously. The omission of so many major characters from the classic Indy trilogy made me have zero interest in collecting this line apart from one or two isolated figs. What's a ROTLA display without Monkey Man and Cairo Swordsman? A TOD display without Mola Ram and Willie?

I do think it's funny that there's also no Willie presumably due to it being seen as denigrating to women... a character played by Spielberg's wife. :lol

Yep, as good as these figures look, if a number of prominent villain characters simply cannot and will not be made, I pretty much don't see the point in owning anyone outside of Indy himself.
Figures of Indy himself - you came to the right place! But who's your bare-chest Indy going to battle you ask? Well bow-tie Indy of course! And what to do with streets of Cairo Indy? Well how about an iconic face-off with old man Indy! Will the shovel beat the shish-kebab skewer? Find out when you pit tux Indy against map room Indy!

indies-2.png

Last edited:
Figures of Indy himself - you came to the right place! But who's your bare-chest Indy going to battle you ask? Well bow-tie Indy of course! And what to do with streets of Cairo Indy? Well how about an iconic face-off with old man Indy! Will the shovel beat the shish-kebab skewer? Find out when you pit tux Indy against map room Indy!

indies-2.png
All of those lined up actually looks good. I'm tempted to do that although it looks like the standard Raider's Indy is now sold out at all my usual stores. And the Map Room Indy, I'm not seeing that still available.

All of those lined up actually looks good. I'm tempted to do that although it looks like the standard Raider's Indy is now sold out at all my usual stores. And the Map Room Indy, I'm not seeing that still available.
No, they look incredible - the point was that Hasbro has produced a line including some pretty less-than-iconic Indy looks while ruling out pretty essential Indy universe figs like Mola Ram, Cairo swordsman, Dietrich, Vogel, TOD Chief Guard, Monkey Man and Cairo thugs and German soldiers. All in the service of what amounts to cultural sensitivity issues underpinned by some truly bizarre "culture wars" logic .

They've left out more than half the forces that Indy battles - aren't those battles what puts the "action" into action figures, and represent a lot of what drives the franchise? It's like a SW fig line with a dozen Lukes including Bacta DiaperLuke, but no Vader, stormtroopers and Jabba the Hutt.

Now that I have seen the movie it is staggeringly bizarre that they'd do a figure of Antonio Banderas' barely memorable character (he says little and does less) while not doing Mola Ram. Like total crazy, illogical bizarre.

You would think that since they could make Toht, Donavan and Elsa that they could make Dietrich, Vogel and the German Mechanic (they made him in the retro line). Also it is odd that they steer away from some figures that could be considered culturally insensitive and still make Beloq in the ceremonial robes. It feels like they just pick and choose what is and is not off the table instead of having a standard or policy.

You would think that since they could make Toht, Donavan and Elsa that they could make Dietrich, Vogel and the German Mechanic (they made him in the retro line). Also it is odd that they steer away from some figures that could be considered culturally insensitive and still make Beloq in the ceremonial robes. It feels like they just pick and choose what is and is not off the table instead of having a standard or policy.

They did Mechanic AND Monkey Man before. Lots change in 15 years.

Yet they make Sallah.

I'm STILL waiting for Target to ship my Club-Obi Wan Indy from my preorder, despite buying one off their shelves in May!
Something really seems to be wrong with their preorder system. Items are being clearanced in stores before any online preorders are even being shipped - if they ever will!

Back