Hasbro Ghostbusters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro gets Ghostbusters license

With how good the likenesses are on some of their new Star Wars Black Series figures I was hoping for a little better on their Ghostbusters.

I have no interest on the movie stuff, just the cartoon line. Hopefully, the "classic" line doesn't end with the first wave. I want that classic ecto 1 again!!!

I have no interest on the movie stuff, just the cartoon line. Hopefully, the "classic" line doesn't end with the first wave. I want that classic ecto 1 again!!!

I'm the opposite I want the movie figs and what I would really love is a 1/12 scale movie Ecto-1! :pray:

I'm still thinking if I should buy the RGB or not, just to do with space. (Did they ever go up on walmart?)

I'm the opposite I want the movie figs and what I would really love is a 1/12 scale movie Ecto-1! :pray:

Yeah, I have the Mattel two pack figures, so if Hasbro makes a 1/12 movie ecto 1, I'd buy it. I have several GB figures, and no ecto 1 to go with them, like the Diamond Select figures. I just feel that a GB figure line is incomplete without the car.

I feel the same way about BTTF.

I'm still thinking if I should buy the RGB or not, just to do with space. (Did they ever go up on walmart?)

No, just the movie figures. I don't think they'll be that difficult to get tho.

Hopefully the phrasing from the Pulse website will result in a Plasma Ecto-1/Wreckto-1.
e5228768b06aea16a6cd38dc8d68cb5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have the Mattel two pack figures, so if Hasbro makes a 1/12 movie ecto 1, I'd buy it. I have several GB figures, and no ecto 1 to go with them, like the Diamond Select figures. I just feel that a GB figure line is incomplete without the car.

I feel the same way about BTTF.

No, just the movie figures. I don't think they'll be that difficult to get tho.

I'm not done collecting until I have a 1/12 scale Ecto-1 and a 1/12 scale Burton Batmobile. I wanted the 1/6 versions but I passed due to space concerns, 1/12 is the right size for the amount of room I have.

Strangely I don't feel the need for the Delorean like I do the other 2 but, I definitely wouldn't pass on it either.

I *really* hope Hasbro will finally be the company to make action figures based on some of the more iconic ghosts from The Real Ghostbusters. At the very least Samhain and Sandman. Don't care if they are 5 POA retro figures or modern, well-articulated sculpts based on the character model sheets. It's so odd that neither Diamond Select nor Playmobil made any besides Slimer, Stay Puft and the Terror Dogs.

I'm hitting 40 this year and the Kenner figures will be the perfect mid-life crisis present to myself! :lol

So far not interested. Diamond Select Toys did a great job with the movie line. Would have loved to see more ghosts but it's what it is.
Was hoping to see DST making more Real Ghostbusters after the 4 initial GB.

Anyone else see Winston is the only Ghostbuster to come with a proton steam? Uhhh, what?

Do you know how expensive that would be for all the figures in that photo? There's no way that would be profitable. There's a reason why certain Transformers are reissued over and over and others have never been reissued once. The steel molds are ridiculously expensive.

If Hasbro really is reissuing the Kenner figures, they must have somehow come across the molds. None of the figures share any parts, either. If they were doing them from scratch, I think they'd re-use a single body for all four. I'd be absolutely shocked if they took the time to tool up molds for all those parts.

they won't be using steel mold for plastic figures so it won't be costly.

All plastic figures are made from steel molds, so yes, these will also be made from steel molds.

You think they're gonna do them in someone's garage with resin and silicone?

Do you have any idea how action figures are made?

0CBqUaP.jpg

Probably will do the same here, but this gave me a good laugh.

They're not wrong!

These were the toys where I realised I wasn't a little kid who liked playing with figures any more. I must have been around 10/11 and one day I got these guys, put them in Ecto-1 and started making up stories and doing all the dialogue, but I stopped, looked at myself and I just felt stupid and awkward. It wasn't long after that I got into videogames until I hit my 30's and came right back around to action figures.

Back