Hasbro Black Series Mandalorian Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, think I might have to order this. I've been avoiding the Hasbro helmets since the Vader one was so inaccurate and I assumed all the others would be as well. But other than the lack of weathering this looks spot on.

I might have to consider getting those Boba and Luke helmets now too...

I'd like to have some more 1:1 helmets, but don't want to pay a lot for high end. At the same time, my Don Post Vader I got in like 1996 looks, well, like a Don Post mask from 1996. For my purposes, the Fett quality is a perfect compromise - the price to quality ratio is more than I could have ever expected.

I didn't pay much attention to this line until the Fett helmet. After getting it and seeing the quality in person, I looked into their other releases and was so let down by Vader. If they give him another shot - even at a decent price jump - I'd be all over it. I also plan to pick up the Stormtrooper eventually. And Mando for sure.

I'd like to have some more 1:1 helmets, but don't want to pay a lot for high end. At the same time, my Don Post Vader I got in like 1996 looks, well, like a Don Post mask from 1996. For my purposes, the Fett quality is a perfect compromise - the price to quality ratio is more than I could have ever expected.

I didn't pay much attention to this line until the Fett helmet. After getting it and seeing the quality in person, I looked into their other releases and was so let down by Vader. If they give him another shot - even at a decent price jump - I'd be all over it. I also plan to pick up the Stormtrooper eventually. And Mando for sure.

Yeah I've never been much of a helmet collector before since they were usually so expensive. I did pick up an EFX Vader helmet last year which looks pretty accurate, and went ahead and ordered this Mando helmet, so we'll see how that turns out.

The only other one I'd love to have someday is a Rocketeer helmet, but not sure how much those go for.

View attachment 499294

They talk about making this helmet in a zbrush summit video. The artist show?s a production model and shows off what likely will be the production paint. It looks awesome.

They start talking about the helmet at 01:33:00

Thanx for posting that - excellent. Impressed they drew on the circuits in the armor chest plate to give some interest to the helmet interior. If they can pull that finish off am uber-impressed. E.g. not seeing the subtle metal flake u see in a lot of metallic finishes. Read the paint for the real thing is Alumaluster (https://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/threads/the-helmet-colors.34295/).

I geek out over the metallic used on the screen helmet - sure it's a multi-step process. Razor Crest and Mando helmet look like winners - might get 2 helmets.

Wow. If the production piece comes out with that kind of paint as seen in that video it?s going to be awesome, especially for $120. Here I expected a metallic paint like the hot toys mando helmet as pictured in the promo pics Pretty impressed so far, but not holding my breathe it?ll look like that

Last edited:
According to yak_face on Instagram The Mandalorian black series helmet has arrived at Hasbro’s distribution center.
So he thinks an earlier release than June.
I hope so I ordered directly from Hasbro.

I'd like to see someone do a review on this and compare it with the Anovos and efx versions. This one [Black Series] looks to be good at the price they're asking.

I can't imagine that they would be sending it out for reviews if this thing wasn't on the cusp of shipping.

This Helmet looks really good, especially for the price point. I look forward to seeing it compared to the other versions that have been released.

Back